Lofi hip hop

Why is this shit so comfy?

Why are all the video playlists of it so relaxing?

Like I actually get lost in the image and project myself there, relaxing. Anyone else?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z5Bc3qrNKaE
youtube.com/watch?v=WHxwNW8HL64
youtube.com/watch?v=rNbCNc55LxY
youtu.be/LCJtg5Ngcyw
youtu.be/0JbuXjwjUW4
youtube.com/watch?v=v2fZVPILOq0
youtube.com/watch?v=IHWfQP4Uz0A
youtube.com/watch?v=kdm5Gb0soAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sup Forums hates it because people enjoying simple piano hip-hop beats is deeply triggering to autists

>niggers nigging it up 24/7 and getting arrested for niggering
>racist
try again you fucking nu-male

>Autism music is deeply triggering to autists
doesn't add up. It triggers us because it's a copy and paste formula that has already overstayed it's welcome, as well as fans who have no context or history when it comes to this music so they think everything is "fire".

Also, Dilla and Nujabes, and countless underground hip hop acts in the 90s built and perfected this sound with sophistication and effort decades ago. I really don't want to hear some hipster numales take on the genre, especially when he can't be arsed to spend more than 5 minutes on a beat. Yes I'm aware Dilla did that, but Dilla was also talented. 99.9 percent of these new lo fi hip hop guys are not.

case in point

i like a lot of lofi hip hop but i like it best when its not dogshit audio quality
youtube.com/watch?v=z5Bc3qrNKaE
youtube.com/watch?v=WHxwNW8HL64
youtube.com/watch?v=rNbCNc55LxY

also if you haven't listened to vanilla they're great too
youtu.be/LCJtg5Ngcyw
youtu.be/0JbuXjwjUW4

and just for shits and giggles check out treble and blues
youtube.com/watch?v=v2fZVPILOq0

My only question: why is lofi hip-hop always associated with anime? I didn't think it was weeb music but it is consistently paired with anime/Japanese imagery.
Is this the Nujabes Effect?

Nujabes made actual music. Lofi is garbage.

>numale

And you were doing so well too, shame you had to taint a good take with your punkass sentence enhancers

Sure maybe I'm autistic, but I find the whole "culture" around it fucking retarded.
I don't usually say it, but the first thing I thought of was this kid who makes music and looks like Napoleon Dynamite on youtube. It's how I imagine most of these "Producers". Except Napoleon is cool and these people are like ironically Napoleon so it's just dumb.

dude i have no idea. all the links i posted are by artists that dont associate themselves with anime at all. the youtube channels that upload them post anime pictures for the video. its not just lofi hip hop either. that song that was really popular, glue40 by casin, is associated with anime too. maybe it has to do with being an outsider or something. i always see songs by artists like the deli or sleepdealer uploaded to youtube with anime or, interestingly enough, pixel art with those nostalgic vaporwave-esque aesthetics. i just like sample based instrumental hip hop and theres some overlap with the lofi scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=IHWfQP4Uz0A

youtube.com/watch?v=kdm5Gb0soAU

Its literally meant for having on in the fucking background while you do something, and yet we have autists taking it seriously enough to be butthurt about it, what the fuck

its nice, but it aint as if it going to win any awards

Not necessarily, not that it matters. Bad music is bad music, and you are in fact, on a music board. It surprises me none that people don't like it.

its more like ambient music than it is real instrumental hip hop i think. i think a lot of it is lazy and thats why i dont like the boring ass beats that just go on for 5 minutes. variations go a long way towards making something interesting rather than just complete bullshit

Its not bad it gets the job done, its only bad in the sence that the tracks are doing what has been done many times before.
The tracks are not neccessarily made to be backround stuff, some on there im sure are, but it seems the playlist is made from just whatever hip hop the youtube dude could find whether it was supposed to be a backround track or not

>Bad music
lol he fell for the objective meme

theres a difference between bad music and music that is simple yet competent in context. Because something is simple and derivative doesnt mean its bad. The purpose of this music is to be unobtrusive and compliment everday tasks. Its perfect chill cafe music. I dont get how its "bad" when its extremely simplistic music doing exactly what its designed to do.

I suprised you dont get the nuances of the intent of music designed for specific contexts, considering this is a music board, where enthusiasts such as myself have music perfectly suited for any conceivable possible situation

>sence
>backround

jesus christ

my post gets the job done.