So guys I've been thinking

So guys I've been thinking.
What happens when the outside lava on the sun solidifies like it has on earth?
Isn't it going to be dark all day and we will only have a bit of moonlight at night?

Attached: IMG_2096-845x449.jpg (845x449, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

astronomy.com/magazine/ask-astro/2014/03/suns-iron
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nice bait, you baited me.
the sun isnt lava.
the moonlight at night is because of the sun.

The Sun does not have enough mass to explode as a supernova. Instead it will exit the main sequence in approximately 5 billion years and start to turn into a red giant. As a red giant, the Sun will grow so large that it will engulf Mercury, Venus, and probably Earth.
Even before it becomes a red giant, the luminosity of the Sun will have nearly doubled, and Earth will receive as much sunlight as Venus receives today

It's not lava stupid it's plasma

Attached: 1522031338337.jpg (762x668, 149K)

to elaborate more on this, the sun will only stay in the red giant a relatively short amount of time (relative to the lifespan of the sun), then it will radiate gasses and plasma and become a nebula, until it has radiated all of its gases and plasma only to collapse into a white/black dwarf.

If it's because of the sun how come it shines at night when the sun is turned around?

>hurr durr the sun is made of blood
Good job edgelord, you managed to be even dumber than OP

the sun is made of hydrogen and helium. Lava is molten silicates and metals. There is no silicates or metals on the sun.

For fucks sake. It'll become a white dwarf idiot.

youre a fucking idiot

white dwarf til it spends the rest of it's fuel, to become a black dwarf, is the theory

that's what I said you dumb fuck lol

firstly, op didn't ask about the sun going supernova. Secondly, stfu.

>outside lava on the sun solidifies
I was explaining that it wasn't going to "solidify" nor supernova. Quit being a faggot and let people learn shit they should have in the 5th grade, instead of staying ignorant.

so you're aware the sun won't go supernova because it's mass is too small, yet you didn't say that the sun is not made of lava but instead of gasses and plasma? yah

Why are you guys talking about dwarfs? I don't care if people are black or white and they are called little people. Wake up it's 2018 not 1950. We don't discriminate.

quit being a faggot who reads about the sun on wikipedia and wants to appear to everyone as "smart", when in reality you just paraphrased some shit that is easily found on the internet by any ignoramous.

Because that is shit they are supposed to learn in 4th grade.

not him but the sun is made of gases and plasma.

It's easier to copy and paste from Wiki than from my encyclopedias nigga.

>moonlight
>no sun
kek fucking retard

If it was plasma it would be green. Does it look green?

Attached: images-3.jpg (259x194, 8K)

are you really that reatrded user?

Attached: radpeel.png (851x721, 231K)

that doesn't make you an astrophysicist, motherfucker. So keep it simple and tell the little nigga that lava can't exist on the sun because THE SUN CONTAINS NO LAVA BECAUSE IT'S MADE OUT OF GAS THAT'S REALLY HOT NOT ROCK THAT'S REALLY HOT instead of a bunch of shit he should look up on wikipedia himself.

You have played too much Fallout.

Is lightning green?

the color of plasma depends on the gas being super heated. dumbass.

Then I can start using a ton of hairspray again without giving a fuck about the ozon layer!

it actually has heavy elements on it's core, such as molten iron and such.

I agree with your picture but this thread is just for fun, other threads like cuck, sissy , celeb, pol, and gun threads are way worse , ylyl is okay just cuz its been around since forever but fuck all these spammed threads mods dont do shit....

I think it's mostly blue

But that's not true either, there is some(

Actually it will keep on its fission reaction , creating heavier and hevier atoms util the whole lot is iron. then it will stop and cool down to a huge canonball.

Holy shit this is retarded

not until it starts running out of hydrogen at its core, that's not until the sun reaches its red giant sequence. There's no fucking iron in the sun right now, or ever because it doesn't have the mass to make iron. Where the fuck did you go to school?

Our sun won't have the mass to make heavy metals, it will cool down to a huge ball of carbon and oxygen, but nothing heavier.

Attached: 1488723079914.jpg (660x440, 267K)

also, the sun isn't making a fission reaction, it's fusing hydrogen into helium

Awww, I thought it would be cool to imagine our sun smashing into a develloped civilisations home starsystem as a cannonball from our primitive culture.. Space pirates from earth!

Sorry, but you're wrong

Attached: sun.png (681x612, 45K)

Thank you!

it is true, there is no iron in the sun. clearly, you're not an astrophysicist.

But what if your son is Bruce Dickinson?

NO I'M NOT

astronomy.com/magazine/ask-astro/2014/03/suns-iron

try again but less nigger

wrong, even if it doesn't create it, you would be a fool to think it hasn't collected any from celestial bodies

The sun compacts H to make He, which is what's at its core. The amount of millennium bullshit pseudo science in this bitch is attrociuos.
Fucking morans.

Dumbass. Plasma is that shit in ur blood. Everybody knowes that.

>black dwarf

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

yeah you are, quit ragin like a bitch

Attached: lava girl.webm (336x420, 928K)

kek

Attached: lava rekt.webm (296x296, 1.73M)

The sun isn't made of rock you dumb shit

Not true

The radiation is what makes the sun give off heat. Not lava.

I never really thought about this. It could be possible to transport magma to the sun when light radiation detectors show signs of hardening.

Hey ididot- I played halo and it is green on the plasma pistal

man firelands was such a shit raid

Attached: 1489241879087.jpg (261x200, 11K)

It turns into an ice sun and the earth cools into another ice age, probably snowball earth.
Venus doesn't really receive that much more sunlight than we do.

You are answering the most obvious bait and you aren't ignorant? Holy shit I can't tell who's the bigger retard. The guy who came up with this brilliant scheme of a bait or the idiots answering truthfully

>let people learn shit they should have in the 5th grade, instead of staying ignorant
Let me reply to your bait real quick, and say you have no reading comprehension.

The surface of the moon reflects the sun's light, even at night. One exception is during a lunar eclipse, when the shadow of the Earth darkens the full moon.

Attached: 640px-Solar_lunar_eclipse_diagram.png (640x319, 64K)

Sun is just made out of lava, stfu.

I fucking hate this meme

Attached: 1517089514567.jpg (251x242, 12K)

the earth is flat stfu

Wasn't talking about the moon, I was talking about the Jupiter. You fucking retard.

OH MY GOD HE HAS A SKELLETTON INSIDE HIM?!

I love it. It reminds me of the good old days. Before traps and bananas. Finally some good content.

It's certainly been a while since we had a good Sup Forums thread.But this is not one of them.

Attached: 1471749009382.jpg (800x8705, 1.27M)

If the sun runs out, cant we just send a nuke to put jupiter on fire? Its full of gas..

Go back to school, learn basics of physics and then you will maybe understand the difference between gas and solid matter.. Sun is made of gas, moron (helium to be accurate), it will NEVER solidify like rock !!

Where did you see that plasma is green, faggot ?
Plasma color depends on ionic structure, it can be any color (electric arc is a plasma and it's blue, moron!)

>He is the author...

Attached: f8r4xvhjqupt2544566000000.jpg (473x537, 26K)