Kpop general

Other urls found in this thread:

billboard.com/articles/columns/k-town/7973977/bts-dna-first-billboard-hot-100-hit
youtube.com/watch?v=Ou3jCi4P8UU
soompi.com/2017/11/20/bts-grabs-no-1-google-search-trends-ama-performance/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sticc

BTflopS and cosmic flops are shit

korean supposition general

post pictures of yein

Cringe

>a backstory of authenticity and musical respectability where the members are composing and writing and mean what they say, socially conscious lyrics that are relatable to fans and reflected in the group growing up and finding their way

how about a webm

>bts backstory is authenticity
what is twice's backstory?

lmao gass yourself mobile shitter

corporate greed

I'll post one

whats lovelyz backstory?

>my oppas are true artists!!
>all other groups are just products!!
btshitters actually believe this

excellent choice

We're here to stay, Grandpa

one of them, through a forbidden ritual, possesses the soul of a baby

Sixteen, you barnacle

bts isn't a houseld name in america yet. what will happen when they become universally known?

Which kpops do you think are genuinely nice and would be cool to be friends with? For me it's Chungha and Wendy

cute!~

billboard.com/articles/columns/k-town/7973977/bts-dna-first-billboard-hot-100-hit
also it's the reason why bts rather than girlgroups are being shilled by billboard and awards shows, they are the ones who bring viewers/readers
it's pretty obvious their fandom is the biggest in the west right now desu

a backstory doesn't have to be true (although in bts case they do have an interest and a hand in their music and bighit promotes that, which is probably helps in the west)

you're right, they do. they eat it up and that's why their group is so successful.

>there's not vast untapped market for BTS in the United States
>but what happens when they're a household name in the United States?

They WON'T become a household name in the United States. That's the point.

we need to go back even further than sixteen

>begger

My love

billboard has been doing articles on girlpops for a long time now

probably choa, she's the nicest girl in the world

delete that

I'd want to be their friends because they speak fluent English

>although in bts case they do have an interest and a hand in their music and bighit promotes that
you actually think this is unique to bts?

Hold on, are there really people in this thread who think that anyone other than Korean ex-pats are buying k-pop in the US?

can u fel it now mistor krabbie

dubu

Is this scandalous? Is he a good, pure chap?

the thai ones

well, bigbang did it and they were the most popular gaypop in us before bts
none of the currently relevant girlgroups is like that

They literally do this all the time.

Also at this point I think everyone knows that half of the kids in these groups were in hairdressing school.

lisashitter loses his fucking mind

there's a (growing) shit ton of white and black fangirls if you look at kcon and the like

You're talking about the kinds of girls who watched fucking professional Starcraft 2. That's not a big, untapped market.

nope, pop fan normies

desu id support bts if they started dressing like bigbang

Get back to me in a couple of months when this is completely over just like the Psy craze was

every kpop group has "an interest and a hand in their music"
YG just memed it hard and somehow made people think GD is the next Mozart for writing some lyrics about struggling to find a girl to bang

I want them to dress like me

>somehow made people think GD is the next Mozart for writing some lyrics about struggling to find a girl to bang
which song

twice writes lyrics now but they said that jype doesnt want to accept their input when it comes to making their music. although they did accept that the girls chose likey to be their title track instead of some other song.

pristin self conposes

a wise user once said gaypops only become good after they turn 25
it was true then and its true now

jiho aegyo
jiho aegyo
jiho aegyo

Regardless of whether or not the girls are any good at writing lyrics, JYP is a bit of a self-obsessed retard

I FUCKING LOVE SEOHYUN

>every kpop group has "an interest and a hand in their music"
not really, usually they just sing songs as they're given by their companies
and an obscure credit for lyrics on a bside somewhere isn't the same as the way bighit has been promoting bts's sincerity and the self-producing thing

Just be yourself kpg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ou3jCi4P8UU

Do you really think you'd be able to do that without getting depressed for years on end? Of course they want to have a hand in their music.

watch your filthy fucking mouth when you talk about /ourguy/

you actually fell for the mediaplay huh

why

cause before 25 theyre stuck pimping themselves out to dumb teen fangirls and washed up noonas

that actual delusion

The man is like 45 years old and he's still grinding 18 year olds in his music videos. He's probably the fucking Weinstein of Korea. Literally using his money and fame to keep himself in the limelight and keep a supply of young girls who depend on him around.

I'm suspicious that alleged self-produced idols aren't ghost-written for mediaplay and to make them seem talented, authentic, with a sincere backstory and all that BS

hes a pop star and hes jacked, they probably love it

the fandom for kpop has been gradually growing since bigbang's days and will continue to even if the current moment of excitement passes
soompi.com/2017/11/20/bts-grabs-no-1-google-search-trends-ama-performance/

I love Choa now not Irene anymore.

Put on BB cream, pat pat pat
Put on lipstick, mam mam ma
Shall I make a pretty pose for the camera?
Look at this and smile for me
And please press it
On the bottom, that cute and red
Heart heart

>grinding 18 year olds in his music videos
his backup dancers are older than that

By which I mean, he's using the fame of the girlgroups he manages to fund his own narcissism, siphoning the money they earn into his vanity project while probably doing pretty gross stuff to the same girls. And there isn't much they can do about it because he controls whether or not they succeed. Or eat.

Based cuck user

>implying idols aren't depressed cogs in a corporate machine
companies make sure to mention when they compose something but it's not common that it happens

it's literally true that this is the way bts has been promoted since the start, it's their whole concept

He's not a real fucking pop star. He runs a label and pours money earned by other artists into his own career. It's gross.

It's Choabro now

I wasn't talking about his backup dancers.

>and he's still grinding 18 year olds in his music videos
like where?
jyp's an iconic pop singer in korea himself, there's literally nothing wrong with him continuing his own career too

>He's not a real fucking pop star
take one guess as to how he managed to start his own label

>He's not a real fucking pop star.
how incredibly new, jyp has been one of the most famous singers in korea since before he created the company

Jesus christ. Yeah he was kind of popular a long time ago. But he's artifically prolonged that career by feeding on younger artists via his label. He's not continuing his career on its own merits.

who were you talking about?

You guys have literal Down's. It's 2017. He's not the Madonna of Korea. He's the Birdman of Korea. If not also the Weinstein of Korea.

by being sponsored

>talking about stupid kpop related stuff instead of posting Inteligent kpop related memes

What an awful guy, he turns utterly talentless kids into superstars and just wants to release an album of his own every couple of years.

woah, dahyun from twice.....

>woah
why do you spell this wrong all the time?

Like for Christ's sake, he started the label in the 90s. It's been 20 years. Do you really think his fame has persisted because 15 year old girls like watching an old man grind on people their age?

>kind of popular
lmao
and he's had hits while running jyp entertainment too, besides giving his own songs to groups on the label

i wonder who this jyp anti is

he still produces songs and appears on TV so he's not washed up yet

his popularity has persisted because they like him and his music
and first you said the girls were 18 now they're 15? you must be a big guy to be so full of shit