His music sampled Boards of Canada, Modest Mouse, Giles Corey, Have a Nice Life, The Microphones, Brand New, Aphex Twin...

>his music sampled Boards of Canada, Modest Mouse, Giles Corey, Have a Nice Life, The Microphones, Brand New, Aphex Twin, Mineral, etc.

when will your favourite rapper be this based and unique?

Other urls found in this thread:

whosampled.com/sample/525545/Lil-Peep-We-Think-Too-Much-Aphex-Twin-Lichen/
whosampled.com/sample/542830/Lil-Peep-Ghost-Girl-Boards-of-Canada-In-the-Annexe/
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1HlXFZAqgM
youtube.com/watch?v=8295rOMvtQI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no disrespect to him but the props go to the producers on this. Also, anyone who produces knows that sampling for the most part is just a cop out to use sounds you wished you produced yourself.

Modest Mouse and Brand New are fucking garbage

take it back

>he needed others’ music to make his own
talentless hack

>Also, anyone who produces knows that sampling for the most part is just a cop out to use sounds you wished you produced yourself.
not true btw

What song used Giles Corey samples?

In which song did he sampled Have a Nice Life?

In the soundcloud rap genre it definitely is. Its finding sounds you like, looping them and throwing drums over them. Not saying it sounds bad but thats just the way it is

>In the soundcloud rap genre it definitely is. Its finding sounds you like, looping them and throwing drums over them.
okay then why stop at sampling. they didn't make the drums from scratch. the daw did.....

Lmao thats completely fucking different and you know it

>Lmao thats completely fucking different and you know it
how so? its using other peoples work also
you didn't create that hi-hat either or synth

Come Around, M.O.S.

My favourite rapper is Lil Peep though

Shiver

Lil Peep was moving away form sampling. His most recent stuff didn't use it as far as I know.

BoC and Aphex?

He was fucking based. Never forget (((who))) took him away from us. RIP Gustav

using a drum sound is different then taking a whole section of a song that somebody already produced and looping it. that person had to think of the melodies and sound design etc. Also people that really produce music DO create synths all the time. Im not saying sampling is bad its just lazy a lot of the time. Anybody who has produced would agree.

whosampled.com/sample/525545/Lil-Peep-We-Think-Too-Much-Aphex-Twin-Lichen/
whosampled.com/sample/542830/Lil-Peep-Ghost-Girl-Boards-of-Canada-In-the-Annexe/

i produce and i don't agree. you can't say sampling is lazy then use preset drums and tweak it abit and call it creative.
sampling is another instrument that every good artist uses. I guess can sampling fucking water was lazy also right?

He also sampled Three Days Grace, Avenged Sevenfold and Pierce the Veil

how are you still using the drum argument? The people that do make original drum sounds start from presets anyway. Heres a perfect example of a lazy sample- youtube.com/watch?v=Y1HlXFZAqgM

Literally just looped someone elses work and threw drums over it. It works and people will like it obviously but this shit takes two minutes to make. I dont know how you can argue against that

idgaf about shitty ass lil peep. im pullin up on you calling the instrument sampling lazy.

>The people that do make original drum sounds start from presets anyway
exactly. so why are u trippin on fucking sampling. matter of fact let's hear your original music playboi

>pulling up on you
>playboi

It IS lazy, do you produce? do you know how easy it is to find a song, find the tempo, chop it, loop it and put drums over it? Tweaking a drum sound is way different. drum sounds arnt unique original pieces of work made by a specific artist.

>do you know how easy it is to find a song, find the tempo, chop it, loop it and put drums over it?
prove it then
sample this and make it a beat playboi
youtube.com/watch?v=8295rOMvtQI

He sampled Radiohead in "Falling 4 Me"

>he ripped off good artists so that means he's good

I could see brand new being shit now because of the allegations, but modest mouse? Brock hasn't even been accused yet

literally anybody on Sup Forums could do that

>I could see brand new being shit now because of the allegations
If you actually think his tumultuous life in any way negates the emotional impact and destruction of their songs, then you have absolutely failed as a music connoisseur.

yeah too bad he sounds completely fucking out of place on every single one of those songs

I'm not glad he's dead but I'm glad I don't have to hear you faggots talk about new shitty music he makes anymore

how do you feel about XXXTentacion?

>sampled a bunch of mediocre Sup Forumscore garbage

Wow amazing

>sampling something innovative=innovative

>sampling
>good
>takes talent

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH CHOOSEONE

kek fantano looks weird with hair

>"artist" has to steal from tons of genuinely talented bands
wow, BASED rapper

>sampling sterile cookie-cutter dross