Full time EMT

Full time EMT
Ask me anything

Attached: AMBULANCE-2-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg (1050x591, 127K)

Not smart enough to get into med school?

Have you ever seen a rekt niggah?

#savage #rekt

/thread.

did u ever seen a penis in ur travels?

Pick my mom up off the ground

asking for a friend btw.

Stinkiest shit you smelled on the job?
I heard the worst experiences are always the smelliest as an emt

Do you or any of your coworkers smoke cigarettes? I know of these two EMT's that smoke. Isn't that like... wrong?

Attached: 1514934918135.jpg (636x745, 68K)

What kind of education/training does one need to start if one hasn't done anything even remotely close to it but is otherwise good under stress, isn't bothered by traumatic stuff or gore, and is a fast learner. And how much can one make doing it to start with?

Actually pretty much. In nursing school as well

Yes but, I was a CNA in high school so ive seen way to many old dicks

One time we were responding to a call about a mentally ill self harming alcoholic. When we got there we found he had somehow survived a car accident a week early. He had been impaled and now his entire abdomen was rotten and septic. Smelled that all the way to the hospital. He died.

I've smelled dead bodies before, but this was especially disturbing as he was still alive and talking to us, but we knew he'd been toast in a few hours.

Got to try anyways.

Anyone you ever went to rescue but they were a total dickbag the entire time and you kinda wanted to just say, "Fuck it. I hope you die."?

Haha gay

Rhetorical questions aren't questions user, they're just statements guided as questions.
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Do you have noxolone?

It's a stressful job, and we're people too. Gotta blow off steam somehow.

Used to pick up a guy from the nursing home who had a bedsore that you could put a baseball into. It was a gaping hole. Right above his asshole. So when he shit (C-diff shit of course) It would get inside.

You could smell his room about 20-25 feet away. Imagine being inside a tiny metal box with him

Yep almost all of them. I vape but it isnt any better IMO

Thoughts on the identification of very high PTSD probability in your profession? Situation/help available improving or not?

why?

Money is shit. Like 9-13 starting here. Training is short and free if you join a fire dept. My school was 6 months but only one a week for 8 hours on saturday.

Hey OP. I've been trolling your thread for a while, and I'm going to legit stop and just let you answer from here on out, because I'm not an asshole.

But I do have a legit question, and I think it's a good one. Have you or anyone you know gotten seriously ill, or died as a result of your job?

Wow, look at you! You're dissing an EMT! That's so edgy! You must be such a cool guy!
Maybe rag on some firefighters next!

Attached: 0y4iz96uoqjz.jpg (480x480, 14K)

Are you a dragon?

Just trying to keep us all humble, my man. We all gotta check that shit sometimes, fam.

No

my buddy is an emt. He thinks it's good money, but when you figure he's stuck at the base for like 4 days straight, it's kinda shitty. I mean I put in 8 hours at my job and can go home and forget about it. Just a different lifestyle I suppose--I don't think I could deal with the sleep "schedule"

:(

hows your day?

Didn't see anyone not being humble except you, son.

Attached: 1518991943420.gif (250x347, 27K)

Ever put your dick in someone in uniform?

Not much help available at my workplace. I work with a couple burnt out medics who really just need to quit. This is not a career like some people make it. Luckily for me both my parents did this as well. So I can talk to them

Don't become a paramedic

t.former paramedic

why?

Relax my nigga, we all good here, bruh. Don't want no trouble. We out here living on easy street, G. :)

Do you mean as the result of my work? Like a patient dies because of me? Or my co-workers getting sick and dying because of this job?

Transport or 911? 12, 16 or 24? Private or county?

that's how I died.

I did a lot of cocaine last week and I'm having shortness of breath. Should I go to the doctor or just stop doing cocaine?

Yeah, I mean like, have you ever contracted anything, or been physically threatened, or something like that.

Fantastic, its my day off. Im vaping, drinking coffee, and browsing

not the OP but you should probably stop doing cocaine

not op
possible heart problem go to the doctor

that's nice

Nope my uniform comes off ASAP. God only knows how nasty it is at the end of the day

agreed

Yeah uh, what are you vaping, and what's your setup?

Also I'm vaping 50 mg nix salt on 80 watts, am I going to die?

Does the money get better soon or does it take a ton of time? That seems terribly low.

u wot m8

911 and transport. I just got full time midnight starting next week so it will be all 911. 12 hour shifts. Company is owned by the municipality

Yeah, it's a shame.

My father in law is a paramedic and the nicest/most chill guy I have ever met, but he's really having a hard time with PTSD-induced anxiety from a few decades of scraping up peoples kids off the road.

Practice some serious self-care and get help long before you need it user.

Op here
Both ASAP

It's a low income job that attracts low brow folk. Gobs of nurses are fat cunts. Same principle.

Few months outside of your 9-5. Then you'll make $10/hr breaking your back with zero growth opportunity.

Mainly paramedics do. EMTs can only help administer meds that the patient has. Pussies.

Yup. Give him a few years and it'll wear on him. He'll go from 'wow! I don't have a supervisor looking and riding my ass' to 'God I wish I could 'work' from home and have a normal schedule that allowed for a career progression.

fuck. what if I just go to sleep. That's like turning it off and back on again, right?

>Knocked on this guys door
>"Ambulance Service!"
>Door opens to a fat neckbeard holding a 12 gauge pointed at my chest
>Literally just said "Sorry wrong house"
>Booked out of there and called PD

Thoughts on nurses?

Not sure, Im vaping 6mg (Smok g-priv) and using a juul while working.

Many med school applicants use EMT as a resume builder. That's what I'm doing.

Money can get better, but school is really the only option for better money

It's futile. I did it. Got an Associates and my NREMT-P and my state Evaluator and Instructor certs by the age of 22. Was making $16/hr and the best I could do for the rest of my life was become a supervisor and make an extra $1/hr.

Nursing (for now) is where it's at. Same educational costs and a quarter of the risk (physical and emotional) and 2x the pay.

OP here
Can the emt's in your area not give naloxone?

>Yup. Give him a few years and it'll wear on him. He'll go from 'wow! I don't have a supervisor looking and riding my ass' to 'God I wish I could 'work' from home and have a normal schedule that allowed for a career progression.

sounds about right. He threatened to quit and the boss offered him a better gig. Extra day off, same pay (I'm not sure how). Also he rotates sundays now instead of having him work all of them. Guess it's hard to keep people.

Biased on that.
Im in nursing school and my moms a nurse. Also worked as a CNA during high school. So I have a large amount of respect for them

wow. That's not bad for now, but after 10 years you'll be making shit

Hey you ever respond to a construction site or metal shop? I'm a welder and I've seen some stupid shit people do that can get them killed.

depends on your state.

Im in PA, we just have to get online for 15 minutes

A few times, its normally just people cutting themselves on accident

Should I take aspirin until I can get there or just na?

Lucky fuck. I'm 911 & rotational transport 24s, 2 on 5 off. I'm fucking done with this bullshit. Not worth the shit wages.

Ever dealt with anyone with AIDS, HIV, or some other infectious disease?

How many dead bodies you fucked?

90% of our clientele have blood borne pathongens.

Why do we self-sabotage? I mean, like, we all want love, but we do everything we can to run away from it.

Idk, man. I just want to know what it's all about you know?

Rude. Blocked.

I quit 4 years ago and never looked back, but at the time, no. Took a job copying and pasting BS at a cubicle for twice the salary.

EMT-As could, but not basics.

Precisely - not to mention that nurses can wiggle their way into very cushy jobs in businesses and advanced nurses degrees (ex CRNA). At the end of my stent, I was soooo resentful of the nurses and how they'd complain about the most trivial stuff.

Attached: 6B78C271-28F3-4B7A-9152-7E6CE2E4CAF8-5142-000003E8F265F3E2.jpg (480x270, 29K)

And what's the protocol for dealing with that?

And does that put you quite on edge? Must be sort of nerve-wracking.

On midnight we average 2 calls per truck. On daylight I had 6-12, depending on refusals and cancellations

emt are on call I assume?

I could never do that.

Do you, or any of your fellow EMT's/paramedics have any personal experience with addiction?

Also, what's your training like in regards to addiction?

I know it varies a lot state to state, but some EMT's are really intolerant and shit at dealing with someone who is in medical distress, dying from alcohol withdrawl.

I'm not trying to say you guys don't do an amazing job. Just that training seems to be really scarce in some locales, and also there's a lot of first responders who can't get past the stigma.

The likely hood you'll get what they have , if you follow standard precautions, is slim to none. Glove up, wear glasses if shit is flying, wear a mask if they're coughing all over shit, and don't suck on their arterial bleed.

Dude have you ever seen dead people, most are old and fat. You have to die from something. Most attractive women dont die with the exception being trauma

Cool, thanks for answering my questions, EMTbro. :)

Nope scheduled shifts, endless local 9/11 happens

Are you in Vape Nation? Or are you just a filthy casual poser?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Shit we're rural. Averages 6 per ambulance day, probably 4 at night. Depending on time of year. Then maybe 2 or 3 transports ranging anywhere from 2.5 - 12 hours.

Most of my co-workers hate addicts. I take every chance I get to try and talk to them. Most of these people do not want the life they have. Most of them dont do drugs to leech off of the system. Its just a symptom of their addiction.

* Don't get me wrong, it was the best and worst job I ever had and I'm glad for the experience.

I beat the shit out of old folk and their dead corpses

I pumped caterpillars full of epinephrine until they exploded.

I slept on the clock. A lot. Also fucked on the clock.

Wrote a haiku as an incident report.

Laughed and mocked dispatch until I was crying and my sides hurt.

Met and talked the shit with a whole bunch of folks I never otherwise would have.

But it was all at $15/hr and I knew I'd never make more. Of course at that age, I thought I had made it and could support a whole family on just that lol.

I had an older Asian woman doa, very skinny but also ugly. If you're professional about your job you don't really pay attention to how attractive they are.

I almost worked for a company that delivered hospital equipment but they were on call and it was impossible to get 1st shift hours.

my chest hurts sometimes when I take deep breaths wtf

Some people dont understand that Im off duty...

Real knowledge is scarce. Just like any school class, they throw you a book and give you a BS test. If you pass, legally it's your fault if you don't know every nook and cranny of that 2,000 brain numbing book.

See a doctor. EMTs don't diagnose, they keep you alive until you reach the hospital.

OP here
I agree 110%

Good for you. That's the type of attitude we need.

And I can confirm that almost no addicts want to live in active addiction, as someone who has been sober for nearly a year now.

I was one of those people you'd get calls about. The type of person your coworkers hate, and can't see past the addiction to the scared little child inside - the human being.

Now I'm a highly functional human being who has not only survived, I've thrived despite all odds being against me.

Keep up the good work. Sometimes all an addict needs is someone who looks at them like a human, and to talk to them like one, makes us snap right out of it. We're so used to hearing people preach to us about our addiction and our problems. We forget that we're anything beyond a walking illness too.

It really pulled me out of it, when I had my last suicide attempt, and one of you guys sat down and told me how he was a former addict, and that he'd seen me at meetings, and told me I'd be alright, and just talked to me, and didn't preach.

Really restored my faith in humanity.

What's the deal with airline food?