Hey b

Hey b.
I'm building a new pc. These are the last two pieces I'm soon going to order. Any thoughts? I don't have a 4K monitor, but I might buy one of them or a VR headset sorta thing in like six months. Looking to play everything on max settings basically. Just want a beautiful gaming experience.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-29-00-11-38.png (1440x2880, 496K)

logicalincrements.com

Tbh I just wanna play Minecraft with super far render distance.

Attached: 3400116_14_o.jpg (1600x1064, 335K)

1100 $ video card rofl let me help you shop smarter op

It's Canadian dollars m8. It's a lot worse.

But if you can tell me where to go besides Newegg I'd be up for that. Canada direct is meh. Shipping is a problem at times.

Attached: images (1).jpg (183x275, 12K)

>1080ti/ryzen 5
check out the benchmarks and price difference for ryzen 5 and intel i7 8700k. im no expert though

I have the mobo already. It's AMD. I was going to get a Bette reprocer, but was told that it wouldn't matter for gaming. That 6 cores might go better than 8

Attached: 3.jpg (1064x1600, 274K)

Could be worse, could be paying 1300+ in aus where our dollar is even.

Depends on individual core performance. Games aren't optimised to use more than 4 cores currently but with increased core count being the new market trend there is push for that to increase.

I'm running 6600k because that was best for gaming since I don't do 3d design work anymore. Overclocking to 5GH with plenty of headroom to go higher later down the line if I need. (skylake was a week old when purchased)

Processors don't really have an impact on gaming unless you're talking real old (before Haswell) since it's mostly the onboard graphics that gets better.... And if you're running a graphics card it's irrelevant.

A 4670k will perform almost identically to a 6600k/7600k/8600k in gaming if the graphics card is the same (and the board isn't a bottleneck)

Same situation if you throw AMD equivilant chips into that comparison (don't know AMD lines but whatever a 3.5GHz quad core 4 thread is)

AMD has always had the MORE CORES marketing, especially with their bulldozer (first mainstream octa-core) while Intel has had the market share with their lower power draw and better single core performance.

Sure that 8 core might win in a cinebench highly optimised multithreading application, but when games use 4 at max that means nothing since your single core performance is inferior. Add to that higher power draw requiring better cooling and a naturally higher operating temp (increasing production cost to handle those heats which in turn increases their market price) and you've got a dead CPU brand with only fans choosing it.

With ryzen that went back to their old (like 15/20 years ago old) audience appeal of cheap power in the mid range while not being the king of the pack. This suits them and has brought them back from the dead.

Wait a month, the new Geforce cards are coming out

So in other words, the R5 1600x should be ok? And might it be better than the R7 1700?

I know, but I'm not gonna wait. My current pc is on the ropes and I don't think it'll wait. When would hey be released?

lmao pleb
enjoy your shitty fps

you'll need to add another 3 of those cards to your basket if you want to be a real pc gamer

April or May. If anything get a 1060 and then save up for an upgrade. Hopefully they'll sell at MSRP, bitcoin is bottoming out

what do you mean "on the ropes"?

you should easily be able to run any modern day game at max settings 1080p with that graphics card and processor op, just make sure you have enough ram

I've got 16GB of DDR4. I figure that'll be fine

You might want to wait for that video card price to go down.

yeah, bitcoin just dropped below $8000 US

more than enough lol, you should be able to even run games in 4k at decent settings with those specs too