How old is the city you live in?

How old is the city you live in?

>Me
City was established in 1763

First settlers came to the place where I live around 4000 bc. City was established on a base of a village in 13xx.

about 1000 years

est. 1237

my village dates back to the middle ages

thanks to britain

>tfw all your colonies hate you

Oldest traces date back to 600bc, but it was only a real place in the 3rd century bc

one of the oldest cities still standing today, but a shithole

Sorel was founded in 1642

Fourth oldest city in Canada, after Quebec City, Trois-Rivières and Montreal

Also the first place in North America where the Christmas Tree was introduced

330 AD

based Constantine

lol

It was the first city foundend on the coastal region of Ecuador, and one of the first during the expansion of the Viceroy of Peru.

We love you daddy

Montevideo, 1723

No idea when exactly, but homer mentioned it so at least 2700 years

City was officially founded in 1605, however the area has been known by the name since at least 1000-1100.

Older than your cunt

Cmon, The Simpsons isn't THAT old.

7000 BC, plebs

80000 BCE

Settled in 1799, incorporated in 1837

The new city was established by Romans 67AD
The old city was established by Cananites some fucking long time ago. Prolly 5-6000 years old.

~1200 years or older, theres evidence of prehistoric settlement but the town is generally taken to be the continuation of that founded by the vikings in the 800s.

settled in 1800.
became a city during the 1930s.
pretty much unchanged since then as far as size, it's incredibly unremarkable in every way.

mid to late 1600's i think.. technically

Underrated

It started with a chalcolithic settlement about 5000-4500 years ago. There's even some older neolithic remains, but that was probably not really a city.

>100 years old next week.

796 years old.

Founded 1680 or something like that

thanks, kiddo :3

(tell your brothers to stay away from France, tho)

my city is celebrating its 375th birthday this year

puke

1144 AD

1870-1880ish

Don't actually know. It was recorded in the Domesday Book so obviously it's quite old.

Shah Alam
>Founded 1963
>Officially a city in 2000
It's like a little moderate Caliphate. We don't have movie theatres, our Muslim girls are kampung-like, and right now, if you're caught eating in Ramadan, the local govt. will put you in a hearse and parade you round town.

Samarkand, was inhabited since the 400s B.C.E.

rare

In 1586 a brit ship piloted by a corsair entered to the ria (it's like a river but with salt water) and founded a port, wich was probably just a dock, and named the place as Por Desire in honor to his bigger ship.
Later, another bong stopped in the dock and claimed it as territory of the kingdom of England. That dock was also used by Fitz Roy in the expedition were Darwin was travelling while he was wroting his book.
Spaniards constructed a fort near there to extract oil from sea wolfs and had a lot of fisghts with the bongs who used the docks, wich was also weird because spaniards never made too much attempts to colonize the patagonia, they also lef the fort a couple decades later because it stopped to be profitable and also for the attacks of the bong.
I could say that the city has hundred of years but it actually wasn't founded as a city until 1883, when an italian decided to ask to te minister of the interior for fonds and colones to stablish a town wich was called Puerto Deseado (Desired Port), closer to the original.
So I'd say it has 134 years.

In 1835 it was founded by batman and friends. Then there was a gold rush and it grew in to a proper city.

3000 BCE

>"how old is your city?"
>proceeds to post the founding date

kek

Founded by the Phoenicians in the 7th century BC

Established 1727 CE

1100 bce

Became a city in 1834 but the town started in the 1790s

>BCE
kys thirdworlders

>new worlders
stay mad

Fresno was founded in 1872 as a railway station of the Central Pacific Railroad before it was incorporated in 1885. The city has since become an economic hub of Fresno County and the San Joaquin Valley, with much of surrounding areas in the Metropolitan Fresno region predominantly tied to large-scale agricultural production. The population of Fresno proper soared in the second half of the 20th century, growing from a 1960 census population of 134,000 to a 2000 census population of 428,000.

1829, which makes it the third oldest Australian city