2 time super bowl Champion

>2 time super bowl Champion
>clutch as fuck
>five 1000 yard seasons
>crucial in super bowl 49 and 51
>makes 3 million a year
>takes the most hits in the league

How can the Patriots get away with paying a top 10 WR top 100 money? I honestly do not understand it at all. Edelman should be making closer to 9 million a year.. at least

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dtfzNGzx4UA
youtube.com/watch?v=qO2TlRJ2oso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

didnt read lmao

He is not top 10 he is top 30. Not even top 20 really.

The 25th best WR in the NFL makes 6.3M Edelman can make an average of that if he hits his incentives which puts him just about around where he should be,

thanks for the bump though bro

You are judging a top 25 on money? How about production?? C'mon man

youtu.be/dtfzNGzx4UA

name 10 better wrs than edelman

so why even post lol I got u tho I appresh

meant for

aj green
julio jones
anotnio brown
odell beckham
deandre hopkins
mike evans
larry fitzgerald
jordy nelson
doug baldwin
ty hilton
amari cooper

there's 11

If edelman really wanted more money, he'd leave to a different team where he'd be exposed.

the only ones in that list i'd take for sure over edelman is julio aj brown and fitzgerald
u can keep all them other shitties

t. someone who doesn't watch the NFL

the majority of them niggas not winnin shit nor makin any clutch catches

comfy team, knows his role
comfy money, he probably has the first dollar he every made.
male-model good looks, will always have endorsements. boston legend.
he knows by showing loyalty to the town and team he will make 10X that salary in decades to come.

You let Tom Brady throw to any of those guys and they're putting up 100+ receptions and 1200+ yards a season. Edelman is good but he's a system babby.

if he's not happy with it then he should sign somewhere else

he just resigned with the pats, fucking crazy
this, Boston will suck a champions dick for 50 years +

>(you)

Fitz might be the worst on that list. Him, Baldwin, and Nelson

>hating on based Jordy
God I fucking hate leafs so much

I'm not hating you sperg, he's just not quite top 8-10 right now. I love Jordy, but I tell it like it is

He's lost a step after the ACL tear but I'm still taking him over anyone not named Julio, AB, Beckham and AJ green

lol
im js id have edelman in the top 10 at the least top 15 even if dude sits at the bottom. id kill for julio on my team though mf a beast

yeah but you pay julio 17 a year and edelman 3 a year.. who do you want lol

>win the super bowl single-handedly by miraculously catching a typically underthrown """"pass"""" into heavy traffic from Gaydy
>fans shit on you and give Tommy all the credit
>tfw in spite of all this injustice I couldn't even find a picture of Edelman looking sad or angry to attach
You fuck him over like this and STILL he keeps his head up. You should all be fucking ashamed.

Fitzgerald is an old, crusty fuck. What has he done lately?

only 3 mill a year?

that is a little puzzling. I think he's earned at least 5 at this point.

Baldwin and Hilton?

Nope. Edelman's better than both.

So congrats, you named 9. Fitzgerald is debatable too, since he's clearly past his prime.

So your argument is based on hypotheticals, not reality.

He's a company man who makes money off endorsements. When he retires he will have a cushy job in the front office for the salary he sacrificed.

He makes mad money off endorsements

Ty Hilton lead the league in receiving yards, something Edelman has never done.

How about winning a super bowl?

>I don't watch football but still pretend like I know wtf I'm talking about
He lead the league in receptions last year fuckin retard

Fitzy is legit, this guy is an idiot for ever questioning that

>Mike Evans
>shitty

gottem

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

How many clutch catches does Hilton have in SuperBowls?

Edelman's regular season production (very good) + post-season production (I believe he only trails Jerry Rice) + Super Bowl production/clutch catches = superior WR.

seriously this

only jerry rice put up better numbers than ede... edelman is second WR all time seriously

He gets to play with the love of his life

-Tom Brady = not even top 50

Players are willing to play for pennies when it means guaranteed rings. Look at the NFL right now. No force of nature or man can stop them from winning at least the next 3 super bowls. They make everyone else look like children

patriots are for sure the favorite for 52 and 53, 54 not sure on

when you only have value to one football team they can hardball you

So you are saying a WR in a pass first second and third offense with the best QB of all time that is in the playoffs every single year has more post season production than a reciever on the run first Cardinals who can barely make the playoffs? Who would have guessed user you fuckin got me.

Chill, it still evens out in the end though

You just can't compare playoff production with any reciever in the NFL with any reciever on the Patriots. Even if Edelman had 1 reception every playoff game since he has been on New England he would still have more playoff receptions than 75% of the recievers currently in the league it sounds outrageous but its true.

Then what do you want me to go with who??

>>fans shit on you and give Tommy all the credit
Damn, seriously? That's pretty shitty.

lol welker but good unclutch

>all those guys combined only just match Edelman's super bowl victories

yeee

>shit teammate Antonio Brown
>deandre hopkins
>Jordy Nelson
>doug Baldwin
>TY Hilton
>Amari cooper
You can't possibly be serious.

amendola lol

Patriots don't have the best at any ome position.
That's their key. They're the best team

Tom Brady has the highest Points Per Start of any QB in the history of the NFL.

But sure sure, keep saying his small, agile WRs aren't among the best.

We'll keep watching SB parades.

They have the best TE and QB in the league

Edelman was an unrestricted Free Agent following the 2012 and 2013 (when he had 105 catches). So how is it the Pats fault?

He'll make $9 million this season.

Total of $10 million more to earn over next 2 seasons.

who is this guy, why should I care, and are you his lawyer?

Julian Edelman, Patriots, 5'9, quickest release in the NFL

That's fucking hilarious, clairborne was picked top 6 right

He'll be Wes Welker next this season

Cowboys defense..lol

Didn't he set a record in the agility test at the combine?

Maybe its loyalty an he's driven by ambition, rather than money, most definitely rewarded on a insentive basis for what he brings to the team. Don't even like NFL but this debate got me. Seem like a gent.

Edelman is in it for the glory, and getting paid millions of dollars a year to be the #1 target of the greatest quarterback of all time is more than he ever dreamed of.

He grew up in abject poverty in a fucking trailer and played qb at a community college. Now he's banging supermodels, winning super bowls, and making millions. Plus he isn't a dindu so he doesn't blow his money on cars and jewelry and night clubs.

>Jew
>Poverty
Not even Sup Forums but naw

because he would be a third stringer on any other team and he knows it. if you think that willingly getting concussed to make your pencil dicked quarterback look better is some kind of noble pursuit then you should probably just jump off a bridge.

>5'9
on suicide watch

Kent State isn't a community college. The girl to guy ratio is 5:1 btw.

No one in New England shits on Edleman. He is in that Brady/Wilfork tier of "can do nothing wrong".

Wow, look at all the Superbowl rings on this list.

Truly, WR is the most valuable position.

This is why the Patriots are the greatest, they invest nothing in a position that has been proven to provide zero returns.

They have the best TE in the NFL and the best QB in the history of football.

>He says this after the Patriots traded for the Saints' top WR

>1000 yard (receiving) seasons

That's not special. Rookie Michael Thomas had over 1100 last season.

>handsome millionaire on suicide watch

Ahahaha yeah I'm sure he's super depressed cause some neet from Australia is taller than him

>Brandin Cooks was the Saints best WR

Looks like somebody didn't watch any Saints games last year.

He's extremely underpaid for the production he provides. Once his contract is up he won't be sticking around. He's a two year rental, which should be enough time for the Patriots to win two more Superbowls.

Kraft "pays" him off the books. Are you ready for salarycapgate? Paul Allen does the same thing with Wilson. Wouldn't you like to know how much he was paid for those Microsoft ads.

>Running a 1000 yards is an achievement
YOU
CANNOT
MAKE
THIS
UP

hi i'm 26 years old and what is this

Michael Thomas enjoyed the luxury of being covered by the #2 CB every game. Cooks pulled #1 coverage and still had about the same amount of yards Thomas had at the end of the season. Thomas is good and is definitely a WR1 talent, but I'd like to see how he performs when the opponent's best CB is covering him.

Belmont Stakes or Kentucky Derby?

Ur kidding, right?

Nelson
Cobb
Adams
Allison
Ty Montgomery

I got halfway there with one f*cking team.

Nelson yes. Cobb is the black version of Edelman: wouldn't be shit with his HoF QB. Adams no. Everyone else fuck off.

Edelman would be out of the league without brady. Go fuck yourself you piece of shit.

Has anyone pointed out Jules only has two 1,000 yard seasons yet?

And that with the greatest qb of all time in a new age pass heavy league where you can't even touch wr's. He's trash. He's not even the best receiver on his team. He's not even a top 5 player on his team.

Nelson, top 2
Jones, top 2
Brown, top 2
Beckham, top 1
Hilton, top 1
Green, top 1
Evans, top 2
Robinson, top 1
Hopkins, top 2
I'd even take Baldwin and Jeffrey over that scrub and probably a few others. Get fucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=qO2TlRJ2oso

Go to the 4-minute mark to see Thomas roast Richard Sherman.

>I'd even take Baldwin and Jeffrey over that scrub and probably a few others. Get fucked.

Kid's a player but it's not anything we haven't seen here before. Troy Brown just had a way of making people miss I've never seen since. Welker wouldn't just fight for every last inch, he'd get it. Then Jules. He's got the same thing. With his job, like Welker and Brown before him (Brady's slot guy, basically), what you need more than anything is durability. Because you're talking RB number of hits with a small WRs body. Welker was amazing at this. Jules has missed some time, but is as tough as they come. After his All-World 2001 season, Troy Brown was on pace to get like 200 catches after 4 or 5 games in 2002, but he got hurt. Branch moved into that role (oft injured himself, Branch).

>And this is where you arguments (all Edelman haters) fall apart.

Pats aren't a running team. They aren't a deep throwing team. But what they are is the highest scoring team. Brady has the highest Points Per Start for any QB in the history of the game (not a real stat - but do the math yourself!). Whether you want to credit Belichick or Brady, Tom's teams score the most points.

And who do the most productive, most dangerous offense in the NFL pick to play WR? Who does the highest scoring (not to mention winningest) QB choose to throw to?

Troy Brown.
Deion Branch.
Wes Welker.
Julian Edelman.

You have some kind of repressed homosexual ideal of what a WR is supposed to do. The Bus could run over an OLB - does that mean he's better than every RB who couldn't - who instead danced around the LB for more yards? Randy Moss couldn't do what Wes Welker did - just as Welker couldn't do what Moss did.

But the best offense in the history of the fucking sport favors players like Edelman over players like Ocho Cinco.

Baldwin is more efficient and has better hands.

Hilton is a different class of receiver, if Luck isn't fucked TY rolls up raw counting numbers, though he's not as technically gifted as Edelman and Baldwin.

>Paul Allen
>Microsoft

How did everybody miss this before, you cracked the code!

Brady is great but not the best. He didn't practically control an offense like Peyton. Couldn't scramble like Bradshaw, couldn't dominate the pocket like Montana or have an arm like Marino. Brady is the result of dedication, excellent coaching and discipline but he's not the best. He's achieved a lot but he's not the best player in his position

id take edelman over about 90% of them