Artists who will define generation Z

We're screwed.

>all millenials

What went wrong?

I'm a retarded Gen X. Who is in box two and five?

Why is post Malone on there? Also why not anco?

Where's lil pump

I know where Lil Peep is...

Post Malone is just another meme rapper who'll be forgotten in a couple years.

who's anco?

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard and Post Malone.
Animal Collective frist started in 2003 that means their a millennial band
Thinking their music will be listened to in 10 years

unironically this guy

I agree

But I still love Tyler.

At least for the first few waves of the generation it leaks back to the previous. Radiohead is a band that's been said to be a very "Gen Y" band, but they're all Gen X. Gen Z's first wave is arriving onto "society" - it starts somewhere between 1996 and 2000, no one's quite sure of where.
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard (psychedelic garage prog) and Post Malone (memerapper).
Way too early for Gen Z.

top right?

>king gizz
>not tame impala
LEL

Is 1999 millennial or Gen Z? I think I prefer Gen Z a little more.

aside from mac demarco, kendrick, and post Z geners mostly listen to nu-rap

Frank Ocean?

It's not necessary what's super popular but what will be remembered as being good

Can you imagine the international meltdown if Adele died tomorrow?

>Post Malone
>anywhere near Kendrick and Tyler
kill yourself

He went out too early. xxxtentacion or Uzi will be the ones.

>Kendrick
>Good

because everyone shills for her. She's the literal definition of an industry plant.

fairly inaccurate as to what MOST gen z's listen to, but that said, I imagine all of these will be strong influences in future music, most specifically death grips, but after that king gizz and mac

death grips will inspire weird futuristic art pop, and the other two will inspire more weird modern era analog driven music

1999 is definitely Gen Z. Gen Z's start is somewhen between 1996 and 2000, leaning more towards the earlier part.

A fat redhead with a god tier voice is an industry plant? Okie dokie.

>first started in 2003

that's not 1999, even so you are correct

I think an industry plant is where they churn out steel plates, isn't it?

more like Generation ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
heh

in that case, unfortunately, Xtentaclehentai.

yes, but in the music industry the churn out pretty faces with teams of 12 writers who do demographic research to figure out what the next big pop hit is going to sound like and what people who eat from the trough are going to resonate with

>DUDE! He's a musician! Haven't you seen his guitar covers??1!

I was born in 1994, which I'm pretty sure is millennial, and this is all that people my age listen to.

where do you live?

I only ask because I always see people on Sup Forums talking about how people they know listen to mac or death grips, but I've never once met anyone that listens to these, although that might just be because of the cultural lag to the midwest and the fact I don't interact with people as much as I should

I don't live there anymore, but I went to college in Carbondale, IL.

Regardless, my roommates played pretty much all of these artists, sans KG and Post Malone, regularly on the living room stereo.

sounds pretty cool actually, I never did the whole dorm experience when I was at college, feel like I probably missed some vital elements of the "college experience" as a result, although I'm not so sure my personality really would have allowed for me to have a good college experience either way

that said I always longed to make friends with similar interests, just never really happened

This thread doesn't seem to be going anywhere else, so I'll entertain this further.

I had a different living situation in each of my 4 years in school. Each had its major flaws, but I think living in that house my senior year was probably the best situation I got into.

Where are/were you, where the "cultural lag" is taking place?

Iowa, nothing much more to say, just always felt that there is a cultural lag here

I remember people were just getting into rage comics at the end of my highschool career, that said that might just be my vision being skewed since i browse Sup Forums, but it seemed way behind schedule to me compared to what I had seen on mainstream internet

in college towns there are definitely hipster types that would be into this type of music, but I'm guessing I would have clashed with most of them even though If I were to be honest I'm a weird pseudo hipster myself

im sure even in backwoods states there are hives in the bigger cities that are into this sort of thing, but I've certainly never run into it

always regret not trying to do a radio station on my college radio

Also DIIV or Beach Fossils changed mainstream dream pop

>Implying people listen to generation defining music at 4 years old.

What was mainstream dream pop before them?

He's going to be this generations 2pac

Is 1998 gen z?

90% of SoundCloud rappers.

Weird how younger gens connect with Death Grips. They're pretty much straight out of Gen X central casting in everything from their fashion, art style, attitude, etc (not a criticism, but Death Grips would've been massive in the 90s).

equivalent of calling yourself a 90's kid.

make a difference in your generation instead of caring about how those around you define it.

frank ocean
yung lean (srs)
tame impala
macintosh plus, james ferraro and bones (cult fanbases, capture zeitgeist)

>yung lean

Sadly he probably will

all of these artists have been around for years already though

Tyler, Kendrick, and Drake are the only relevant ones.

I was born in 98, am I millennial or gen z?

>god tier voice
listen to more music

Gen X is essentially Gen Z's parent generation. Death Grips may scream Gen X, but at its core Gen Z has a lot of Gen X influences. Also Gen Y ones, but those are more societal than parental.
Gen Z.

I never hear rap in real life. It doesn't get played at stores, and I don't hear it in movies or shows.

>Gen X is essentially Gen Z's parent generation
Incorrect, btw many Millenials have Gen Xer parents (the oldest Gen Xers would have been in their late 20s when GHW Bush was president).

I'm thinking for that first batch of Gen X; the youngest would be turning 19 in 2009, and Gen X didn't really have a problem with getting sons in the late 20's and early 30's - if we shoot for 1997 as Gen Z's start, this brings us to the late 60's as a minimum - Gen X's beginning; Gen Z is mostly Gen X offspring so far. Gen Y has a lot more Boomer influence than Gen X influence, too; so do with that what you will.