Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

boss.info/us/products/syb-5/
youtu.be/l7pwTJDaWIs
clyp.it/e2wjortg
cakewalk.com/Gibson-Announcement
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hi

I play a lot of doom and drone metal. But I can't tune my guitar as low as I want (even with heavy strings) and I can't afford a new one. is there a good pedal that can drop my sound for me?

well stone rock dont need downtune just keep playing slow
doom which uses downtune sound like shit tho

get a synth pedal

Why is the "67" style flying v more popular? Literally half half of the body is covered by the pickguard

rec me some

I wasn't feeling it for a while. I wasn't bored but my playing was boring. Go back to Pentatonic and suddenly I'm having fun again. Gotta remember to go back to the well from time to time.

From the last thread, pitchfork.

Hey guys, high-functioning autist here. Been playing electric guitar for going on twenty years, I wanna branch out my musical expertise. What's a good bass guitar to start out with?

boss.info/us/products/syb-5/

as opposed to?

Hmm... I like the full pickguard (on Jacksons too).

It's tacky and guitar players have tacky taste

thanks friend

Whatever that monstrosity is tacky.

Style on the right is the uggo 67

I think that was part of his point, although that looks like a chinkshit rondo or something

I want to protect this smile!

What is/are the most popular website(s) for looking for bands to join/musicians to join your band, other than Craigslist?

they should make tinder for bands

that's not even a bad idea

Yeah, one on right looks great! (I had a lawsuit white-on-white in that style.)

>a fellow top-wrapper
Mah nigga.

owo that's a sexy guitar. Fuck you lads, that's not tacky, that's tasteful

They do it's called Vampr

I noticed a few bad habits tonight:

1. Moving my hand up and down the neck (with the accompanying squeaky sound) after a stop. (Why the fuck?)

2. I've lost my descending partial barre. I'm fretting/sounding the string above the picking action. (Different guitar with lower action might be the culprit.)

3. My picking was feeling a bit stuck... I noticed that I wasn't repositioning my arm/hand from lower to higher strings and vice versa.

On the plus side:

1. I started slanting in the opposite direction of the sweep. I'm also rotating after direction changes. I'm sure that someone will tell me both are wrong but the sound is so sharp. (Two-way pick slanting is supposed to end on an out-stroke anyway... Right?!) I just started drilling sweeps again so I'll see how it holds up.

2. I've been doing spiders but I'm going to do "soft spiders," as well. Assuming that I know what a spider is in the first place... I'll lightly touch the "home row;" fret the next string as usual; then lightly touch again and repeat. The goal is to hold a mute so no "lift-off" note.

legit, doom metal is good

>autistically trying to sound good while having never played outside of his own room.
this guy

EHX Pitchfork

Um, I listed 4 problems that make me sound bad. And one sweeping improvement for me that needs to be faster. But yeah, I do only play in my room. I envy you guys who don't need to improve technique-wise.

>Keep buying new pedals to try experimenting
>Still only can write 4 chord buttrock

Oh, I get it. Haha!

I HATE OFFSET GUITARS THEY ARE SO FUCKING UGLY

Should I get this?

probably not

i'm having a marshall dsl5c delivered tomorrow.

>thread started 7 and a half hours ago
>less than 40 replies
Guitar really is dead :'c

Sad isn't it?

Millennials have ruined everything

Find another board

Thegearpage is good

>Thegearpage is good

If you're a lawyer or dentist, perhaps.

that looks damn pretty honestly

>he doesn't enjoy concern trolling cork sniffers
horses for courses I guess.

gg is dead. shitposters won't stop ruining every thread and the goddamn mods gives no fuck about it.

Fuck off Roman

Does anyone have a more elaborative practice routine? Would be much appreciated

Are Blue Yeti's good for recording guitars?

Who is the best guitar-youtuber and why is it Samuraiguitarist?

Why don't you spend more time googling to find out how to best mic a speaker cab? You could find a more ideal and/or affordable set-up for your needs, but yes, you could mic a cab with a blue yeti.
Some tips if you do:
1 - set it to cardioid pattern, oriented towards the cab. especially if the room/enclosure the cab is in, isn't covered in eggbox foam or something else to cut reflective noise (unless you're actually after a touch of natural room reverb)
2 - keep it one or two dick lengths away from the grill cloth, not right up against it
3 - experiment with positioning. not necessarily centred. if micing it off-centre, experiment with having it oriented perpendicular to the grill-cloth vs oriented towards the centre of the speaker (if you have it set to cardioid pattern).

Thanks for the tips my d00d

I should've qualified point 2 a bit better. the distance you set the mic away from the speaker cone affects bass response. having it right up against the grill cloth could make it a bit boomy, but likewise if you mic it further away and it sounds a bit thin, you could move it closer.

Allright, noted. Thanks man

>bass
Fender Jazz Bass

Good for transferring because the neck is thin

There's a decent variety in tone too, you won't just be stuck with one thing like on a P-Bass

Jazz Basses are awesome. I want one real bad

Do it. I've been playing them for like 8 years now. They are fantastic.

lol no, get a Sennheiser e906. I bought one for my band and it sounds incredible. def one of the best mics ive used (better than the sm57 desu) and it has a presence filter on the back you can adjust depending on the kind of style you play.

very versatile, I was thinking of getting another one to mic my other speaker

I'm not a bass player, but If I was, I'd probably get a J bass style body with top route and control plate, but routed for thunderbird pickups. From warmoth or some shit I dunno.

Well, I can't afford one. Worst part is that a Jazz Bass came up for my sale in my area a couple months ago really cheap. Was some kind of Japanese special edition with musicman pickups

One hr practice routine:
5 mins chromatic excercises
10 mins chromatic chugging
5 mins whining about gibson
10 mins whammy excercises on edge zero II tremolo
15 mins sweeping
5 mins pentatonic wanking
10 mins jamming on blues backing track

Get a Squier Classic Vibe or Vintage Modified, good quality and pretty cheap.

I have the e609. is there much of a difference between that and the e906?

If you have to ask, you should probably just be running direct and applying cab sims in your daw

don't confuse them with words like daw lol.

>tfw you've owned a guitar for 6 years and never stuck at it long enough to even be mediocre

Am I just doomed? I can't even do basic chord changes without sounding like shit, can't stick to a rhythm etc.

Also I just realised I have some really awful habits, like when I do a G I automatically bend my wrist at a 90 degree angle, so I have to completely relearn how to do it or else develop carpal tunnel syndrome...

How do you git gud :(

some minor quality of sound differences stemming from the presence filter, mainly. when I was doing research on what mic I should get, the one complaint I heard about the e609 was it can sound very "thin" -- no doubt something the presence filter on the e906 remedies

but there's legitimately $100 difference between the two, and I don't think the small differences makes that much of an impact to warrant the steep price change. you honestly can't go wrong with either one, but from personal experience I prefer the e906. I crank my speakers and use a lot of fuzz/gain which the mic handles beautifully on the high presence filter setting

lol

You lucked out last night, I had to go get a shower and go to bed because we have people coming for Thanksgiving and I have to get the yard cleaned up today.

But guess what? You fucked up royally. After I get done outside today gay gays ass is mine until Sunday.

So report away because these next five days are going to be pure hell for this general.

I promise.

>mommy and daddy need me to do yard work before the rest of the family comes over for Thanksgiving
could you be any more of a fucking normie?

What's an easy jazzy christmas song a beginner like me could learn before christmas?

If learning by yourself hasn't worked, but you still want to get better, I don't think there's much else to do then get a good teacher. Even then the main thing still is just sticking with it and you cant avoid doing the work if you want to git gud.

Get your hands on Guitar Pro and start tabbing out really simple songs with it, while learning those songs as you go. Play the notes one by one and figure out what you need to do to make the tab resemble the song, you will get 8 million times better just by doing this even once.

Or if you're poor get tuxguitar

I have a classical guitar laying around, but not a lot of time. Is practicing 15 minutes daily enough to have fun and get better? I don't want to become god, neither do i expect fast results.

White Christmas

I have an electric guitar plugged into my studio monitors, and I'm always listening to music when I'm in my room, so it's only a matter of time before I listen to something that makes me go OH NO U DIDN'T and then I'm playing along too. Honestly the biggest quality of life improvement has been just playing along, pausing the song and making sure it sounds right. That being said if you want to git gud you do have to practice chord changes and stuff. That's the part I'm procrastinating on.

Aside from the errors, is this a cool chord progression?

youtu.be/l7pwTJDaWIs

>reddit faggot.

No. I' go with pic related

edit: faggot Sup Forums mods, keep banning me

This guy is pretty cool.

I really wasn't enjoying it. Then the singing started, and it became so comically bad it was good.

Does this pic get you a lot of dates?

that bad?

no

The Right is best.

eh i was being hyperbolic and mean. the execution left a lot to be desired and the songwriting was pretty basic, but no, not that bad.

i can't actually play it properly yet. it's really hard for me since i've been playing less than 6 months. it's hard to focus on singing when i am also focusing hard to play the guitar part properly. was mostly just seeing if that 'sound' is cool or not. thank you.

GODDAMIT HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO IMPRESS MY FAMILY WITH MY SHRED SKILLZ NOW?!?!?

Thinken of getting a pointy V (banged and abused, for cheap), I only have strats and LPs.
I don't play metal, but it could look fun live, or at least as an already banged backup guitar I don't mind taking live.

Forgot pic

interesting how roman uses different cameras for his personas

Is Jeff Loomis an Albino?

no he's just shit

prob he have a lifetime suply of peroxide

Norwegian?
Naw he just copies my name from time to time. Hes obsessed with me.

Making music on my own feels so unsatisfying but all my musician friends are going to opposite ends of the country for Thanksgiving and I'm just gonna be alone in my house with my instruments
How do I pull myself out of this funk
I used to record solo guitar/bass/electronic stuff all the time and I feel like it's my only way to make music/jam/etc without having to rely on someone else's timetable but ever since I actually started playing in groups it just seems like such a fucking chore

?

Implying this isnt superior

>Jeff Loomis Edition

clyp.it/e2wjortg

>GIBSON BRANDS ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING CAKEWALK, INC.
cakewalk.com/Gibson-Announcement

>long time ago posted if i should buy idotbox's blower box
>i did and i love it for my bass
>black friday and cyber monday coming up
>want a fuzz pedal to stack with blower box
any of you have any experience with idotbox? if so which one is their better pedals to pair with blower box?

so far i'm liking that dungeon master (but it might possibly be too gnarly for me to control), static fuzz and ron swanson pedals

Wait? Gibson is trying to get bought out by phillips?

Not if I buy em first.
I'll give them an offer they can't refuse.
50 quid.