Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SNGuYoqC7_U
youtube.com/watch?v=gAs9HZC9c7Y
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/20421-wilder-mind/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21502-nine-track-mind/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/20217-citizen-zombie/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PANNED

this nigga went to Kanye's wedding dressed as Batman, do you really think he was gonna drop some fire?

>when Jayden can't even catch a break with making an album with daddy's money and over 9,000 co-producers

>rich kid
>living in a bubble
>expecting him to have anything meaningful to say

>eyes
>not real

>pitchfork

i liked it

Has pitchfork given anything below a 3.0 in like 5 years

Imagine taking Pitchfork seriously when they gave both The Ooz and DAMN. over a 9

How Can Anything Be Meaningful If Nothing Is Real?

sounds like you're describing almost every Pitchfork writer

Read the review, wish they went more into some of the tracks individually and speaking to their individual qualities rather than just saying "the production is good, but the lyrics are cringey."

I listened to like half of that album and it was complete cringe. Him talking about "saving the rap game" and calling himself an icon. There's a fucking 7 minute track followed by a 9 minute one. Just the most pretentious shit of all time. Someone really needed to hit this kid at some point in his childhood cause otherwise we ended up with this

>saving the rap game
Kendrick BTFO

> Someone really needed to hit this kid at some point in his childhood cause otherwise we ended up with this

fucking this. so many of todays problems could of been solved with a swift backhand as a kid.

I actually prefer that he's this ambitious and pretentious rather than something that seems entirely derivative. It makes for more of an interesting spectacle.

I can't believe Sam Ray collaborated with Will Smith's son
2017 is so surreal

this.

I've taken to shooting my son with an paintball gun in the backyard whenever he does some stupid shit. I don't blame him too much though, it's hard to get everything right the first time at 9 years old.

>implying DAMN isn't a 9

retard confirmed

its a 7 at best bro

unironically this

>Soldi record
>Overall positive reviews literally everywhere
>p4k drones falling for their beloved meme site rating

Lmao literally brainlets who can't come up with a personal opinion on anything.

>Caring about lyrics in trap/alt rnb

Lmaoing at you

IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!! Hitting a kid doesn't make them learn from their mistakes; it only spawns deep feelings of resentment towards their parents, which will in turn initiate parricidal retaliation. I have not improved remotely as a person for the bearings I've received.

my parents hit me as a kid (not beat, disciplined) and i thank them for it.

Pitchfork just wants to be contrarian. Everyone else loves it

Fuck nepotism and fuck capitalism

i said it from day one. he says nothing interesting on this record and none of the shills on this board could ever point out one good lyric on this album.

Yeah but I mean what about everything else other than what he says though? You’re not like making a point

It obviously is trash though so I’m not surprised to hear he says stupid shit on this

paying people to make music for you does not make you an artist.
this guy should be ignored.

>caring about the lyrics
I wonder how it must feel to be such a massive brainlet

But he doesn't want to be overshadowed by his dad

Thank god daddy's boy isn't getting good scores.

Do people only care about him because the industry is pushing him in every ones face?

for real nigga? kys

its pretty standard production wise. fucking soundcloud rappers got access to more hype beats youtube.com/watch?v=SNGuYoqC7_U and its not even on travis scotts rodeo lvl of beats also. no reason to listen to this unless you really stan for jaden.

P4k is the only review site that rated it poorly, and p4k score is literally worth less than shit nowadays.

>Kendrick making anything above a 6.5

youtube.com/watch?v=gAs9HZC9c7Y still bttr than jadens trash

im sure his dads shadow was casting over him while he had him bent over.

>Much beats

Production is on point all-over the album, only 2 hype tracks and they're the lower points of the release. But then again in not expecting a brainlet trip to get that.

I liked it a lot

Your favourite rapper did not drop an album this good at 19

Fuck off, Jaden

Nas...

most rappers cant afford to pay people to make their music and rent expensive studios when theyre 19

I liked it more than DAMN.
Listen to it backwards, guys.

>5.1

Way too generous. I bet if he was white it would've been a 1.1.

>some people ITT genuinely believe that lyrics in hip-hop albums don't matter

How mentally retarded are you?

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/20421-wilder-mind/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21502-nine-track-mind/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/20217-citizen-zombie/

t.brainlet tripfag

Lyrics don't make good music alone

but good beats and bad lyrics don't make good music

>good music doesn't make good music

wut?

parents hitting their kids is exactly why kids turn out like this, not the other way around. educate yourself.

>hit me
>not beat

pick one

>

do me a favor and go freestyle on your fav beat and let us all hear it.

Needed an example how ppl no longer know what goes into making music....& got it...from you

touche

Wtf that Pop Group score makes me angry

how about instead of freestyling, which these guys obviously cant do, try writing some actual bars

he can do w/e he wants
my point is. if beats were all that matter than we wouldn't need these rappers anymore.

im asking him to record himself on vocaroo over his fav beat and let us hear how it sounds. since good beats = good music

>Defending bands shitty albums because they used to be good
Rockest cock

SYRE was really good. All the people shitting on him are the same people who boast about how they can "separate the art from the artist."

>SYRE was really good.
elaborate

Here's my shitty review from earlier in the week.

>Jaden Smith - SYRE
Holy shit.
He FUCKING DID IT.
I've always kind of rooted for the guy, you can tell he struggles but I wasn't expecting this for years.
Jaden Smith just released a fucking amazing album. This shit is ridiculous. Gorgeous production, beautiful writing, lyrics that aren't even too cringeworthy, and sometimes even great.
Jaden pulls a lot of crazy shit on this, especially during B, L, U, and E, 4 tracks that act as one four-part opener reaching EXACTLY 13:37 in duration. When you start listening to this shit you realize you're not getting what you were expecting becuase shit's beautiful and emotional and gorgeous. He's got three other long tracks, reaching 6:00, 7:48 and 9:30, and only the 9:30 one overstays a little, but is no by means bad, it's a good track that's just too long. Still, that's like, one of the few times there's a glaring issue with this. I still find it hard to get over just how well executed everything is on this. He pulls all kinds of shit on this.
On SYRE, Jaden Smith comes straight outta left field to outclass all of his contemporaries. Some of the best modern hip hop to come out. 9/10.

On top of that, very few hands were involved in this. Jaden did the bulk of the writing and arrangements. This ain't some beyonce shit where it's a network of 20 people working inhouse. But he's le funni twitter negro boy so that ain't changed. Honestly the most surprising thing is that people still care about pitchfork.

then what the fuck are you supposed to care about? it certainly isn't the production quality or musical talent

I would give it a 7.5

you've got brain worms dude, this can't be normal or healthy

Do you listen to FKA twigs for her lyrics? Lmao

that's the exact reason I thought he was gonna drop some fire

Yeah this, kids need to be smacked when they do something wrong or continue to do something and ignore stern verbal feedback

no? you didn't answer my question

not one fucking mention about what makes the production or lyrics great jfc. a whole lot of words and nothng said