Is it worth listening to everything else they put out? listening to this for the first time and its pretty good...

is it worth listening to everything else they put out? listening to this for the first time and its pretty good. im actually surprised after all the shit ive seen you guys throw at them

What part of it do you like? Their discography is all over the place genre wise, so tell us what you like and we can help.

Most of the hate for Gizz on Sup Forums is two-four people who think hating Gizz is an epic meme

I like how hypnotic it is and the interplay between the musicians, the rhythm section specifically. it feels like im listening to a Tool album that doesn't take itself which I think its pretty great

GENERAL GIZZGUIDE 2017 EDITION

Start: Polygondwanaland
>Give me more like Crumbling Castles, or louder and heavier
Nonagon Infinity, Murder of the Universe

>These foreign sounding riffs are kinda neato
Flying Microtonal Banana

>Give me more of that fucking flute / harmonica action
Paper Mache Dream Balloon, Quarters!

AFTER THE ABOVE: I'm In Your Mind Fuzz

ASSORTED:
>The best of their older sound is Float Along / Fill Your Lungs.
>If you liked the story driven themes and spoken word narration check out Eyes like the Sky
>12 Bar Bruise and anything before it can be given a pass unless you're a die hard fan or into garage rock
>Sketches of Brunswick East is a neat jazz rock experiment but pretty much unique

I'm In Your Mind Fuzz and Nonagon Infinity are generally stand-bys, but see the guide I posted after

Listen to I'm In Your Mind Fuzz chronologically up until the latest stuff. If you like all of it then you can venture back into further albums. It does sound very different, Float Along Fill Your Lungs probably being the best out of those. Other albums before I'm In Your Mind Fuzz include demo tracks and a bunch of garage rock.

just like every Gizz album it's awesome on first listen and then gets stale incredibly quickly and then ultimately forgotten

don't you have some SICK BICKLE RIFFS XDDD to be spamming

I like Gizz but I definitely felt that way about MOTU

No. I'm making a legitimate criticism. Overall their music is good and has a consistent quality but if you look closer there aren't very many tracks that are of a very high quality and worth revisiting. If you can't point to one single track that encapsulates the quality of a band that is an issue for their credibility.

I completely agree

Good guide

I’d say make this into a graphic but you’ll have to update it every few months.

this

The Castle in the Air is the worst song on this album.

King Gizzard is garbage

sorry to hear about your loss user :(

Someone should make a KGATLW flowchart to help people out

Gotta say Polygondwanaland really just didn't click for me, and I'm a big fan of everything else they've released thus far.

no, they have a gay ass reddit band name. I am never giving this band the time of day.

>doesn't mention oddments
>pass 12bb
Baka

it did click for me whereas other releases did not

>KGATLW
>kay-GAT-luh-wuh

KEY-GATTLE

It's the best song on this album.

Am I In Heaven from Mindfuzz got a lot fucking clearer as a Gizzverse song after Poly.

>I've got ideas in my brain
>About the end of the world that I won't even say
>When all the bricks that built our brain
>Will be turned into sand by the eternal wave

Direct connection to the castle crumbling under the rising waters thick and green...speaking of which

>And I swear even the oceans changed its hue
okay maybe they're laying it on thick here

>Well everybody that I knew
>Has jumped right in and taken over you
Contrast to lyrics from The Inner Cell

>Anemic rule, now hear me say
>Our time has come, transcending us
>Above the one, to ego death

Am I In Heaven?
>Let's all put her to the test
>Come on, suck our mother's breast!

Loyalty
>This is a test
>I am Lord, feel my wrath
>This is a test
>I am Lord, I am Death

Am I In Heaven?
>And everybody that I knew
>Has taken bits and pieces out of you
>And I swear even the sky has changed, its blue
Death of the Lord from Loyalty, return to normal

BONUS DUCKS: The eyes of the Lord of Death are described as pale green, a window into the ninth circle of hell. The 9th circle of Hell is that to which traitors are condemned, at the center of which is Satan himself. This ties into the heavy satanic imagery Gizz throws around.

>Nine circles of hell
>Nonagon
>Satan in Dante's Inferno is at the center of the Earth, mentioned in Polygondwanaland
>Everything goes sideways when a plague doctor seeks forbidden knowledge in an "Inner Cell"
Shit nigga

As this album is split up in four parts, what's your favorite one? Mines the Inner Cell trio

Horology (which is the Inner Cell set) or Tetrachromacy for sure