Russian influence in the underground rap

I'll be honest, I only checked out lil peep after he died but I noticed that this video sees to have been shot in russia and is partially subbed in russian
Bones has made reference about russia before as well
not really underground, but A$AP Rocky has been rocking and shouting out Gosha
I also recently discovered Face who's basically a Russian Lil Pump/Bones hybrid and Phraraoh who kinda reminds me of suicideboys
while I certainly enjoy it, I can't help but ask what sparked this crossover? is it the fact that the gloomy eastern european aesthetic goes well with emo/cloud/soundcloud rap? is it something else?

inb4 cyka blyat rush b russian election meddling underground rap is a dogwhistle for white supremacy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wpi_VbVk0xk
youtube.com/watch?v=HWhswK7A4D8
youtube.com/watch?v=KesAaLs7NvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0IYght7FGdg
youtube.com/watch?v=3rkJ3L5Ce80
youtube.com/watch?v=xAMgQQMZ9Lk
youtube.com/watch?v=E7sP6t1QyrI
youtube.com/watch?v=h4MqcpOUWVo
youtube.com/watch?v=rDlZxqt58SU
youtube.com/watch?v=yfF0RBxY1PY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lots of bydlo who live in shitholes love that soundcloud garbage because they're all addicts as well. Lil Peep is super popular. They have no real interest in eastern Europe other than the fact that they'll give them money.

It's fun to glamorize russian anti-utopian society and low-class behavior when you're as far away from it as possible, in a 1st world country no less.

Think of white hipsters who glamorize ghetto thugg behavior but with snowniggers instead of actual niggers.

Its simply the fact that Russia has a lot of fans for this genre

are you the /pgg/ norilskfag?

ur dumb my dude russians are the niggers of Europe and they eat up the whole soundcloud trap stuff. pretty simple tbqh

just listened what you listed as good and i found it lame and i'm from eastern europe.

got any links that can prove me wrong?

Hes pure white and looks more like russians than the other soundcloud rappers

youtube.com/watch?v=wpi_VbVk0xk

some favorite bones songs:
youtube.com/watch?v=HWhswK7A4D8
youtube.com/watch?v=KesAaLs7NvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0IYght7FGdg
peep:
youtube.com/watch?v=3rkJ3L5Ce80
youtube.com/watch?v=xAMgQQMZ9Lk
youtube.com/watch?v=E7sP6t1QyrI
face:
youtube.com/watch?v=h4MqcpOUWVo
youtube.com/watch?v=rDlZxqt58SU
youtube.com/watch?v=yfF0RBxY1PY

not saying you should like them if you're from easter europe, I just noticed that some moodier soundcloud rappers bite the eastern european aesthetic while EE rappers seem to be influenced by the soundcloud sound

*eastern, fuck

It's only a crossover because they have a large pool of fans from Russia.
They obviously are going to target the majority of their fans
Better question is why do Russians like the music so much

Calling it now commie block wave will be the next big thing

A lot of underground rappers get big in Russia before they blow up any here else, they love the SoundCloud shit and any really aggressive sound

Tekashi 69 was selling out shows in Russia before he made a name for himself stateside

Witch House is apparently also still big in Russia even though it died everywhere else.

We need to have a discussion about this

if im a black russian does this mean i am a double nigger?

You are dead body if you are nigger in russia

this

I love witch house, hook me up with some of that shit

Back in the blog days, I got all my hip-hop music from russian hip-hopblogs.