ITT: Post your DOTY

(Disappointment of the year)

That was better than TWFM and almost as good as HV

no it's neither

I love this album wtf man

I'm a huge fan of their early stuff and I really liked The Physical World actually, but this one's so mediocre in my opinion and even actually terrible sometimes. Honestly I can't see why critics like Pitchfork and Fandango liked it so much.
Nomad is good though and Freeze Me is catchy.

But SWB is their best in years

it's so samey and safe, also some user posted a different track listing of it not too long ago that improved the album tenfold

shamir revelations

I was so ready for this to be a disappointment but it actually wasn't. Don't know what you're on about OP.

I do believe it is going to be a grower

lol kid fell for identity politics and ruined his career

Lips is the only good song (to add to your sex playlist) even though it’s a little generic

Uhmm...

Kendrick Lamar - Damn.
Every single other hip hop release I've heard this year has been better.

I only liked Performance

I loved Sprained Ankle so was kinda hyped for this. Even though she didn't change much in this album it's still somehow disappointing. I don't know why but I just don't feel it at all.

From GKMC to TPAB to...this.

14 year old girl located

this album is an unprecedented masterpiece and the best album of their career

Fuck off, their first two albums were great

This. I won't even accept other answers.

Yep. Overall it wasn't a bad album, but wow this was very low for the Gorillaz.

That's so weird to me since I enjoyed her new album way more than Sprained Ankle. The instrumentals are not very catchy or engaging, but the lyrics are so much more direct and detailed and the lyrics are the best part of her music for me. One of my favourite albums of the year.

lol

I was super hype on this before it released and there are some legitimately awesome moments on it, but the spoken word passages take me out of it. I know there are people who are really into it and think it makes the whole concept of the album complete but it just misses the mark for me. Waste of fantastic cover art.

honestly loved these, thought they were both very solid.

Same here. Saw her a few months back when she was still playing mostly songs from Sprained Ankle and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Then I saw her two weeks ago playing a bigger venue and it wasn't even remotely as good as the last gig.

it's a toss-up between Everything Now or Common as Light.

Disappointing in the sense of "i expected this to be their best album and it wasn't" but it's still pretty damn good.
This was okay. 6.5/10. Not really sure i could've expected that much more.
Top 5 of the year, his 2nd best album behind GKMC.
I get why people would consider this a disappointment but here's the thing: All of Gorillaz' best material has been reliant on other artists. They really just aren't that good of a band, so this was absolutely the direction they needed to go. That said, this was just way too inconsistent from a songwriting standpoint. There's an 8/10 album buried in here somewhere.

It really wasn't bad, but after hearing how good Neighbors was I thought they were going to pull out all of the stops and blow me away. I just wished I liked it more.

forgot pic

Dat tyler the creator album

ugh. This is so uninspired and awful compared to the rest of her work.

Fuck jack antoncuck

it's good and this is coming from someone who despised it on first listen. Hang on Me, Masseduction, Fear the Future, Slow Disco and Smoking Section are all good songs

That national was good IMO. But yet im not a total fan. (I love Trouble will Find me however)
mine too.

wut, this was great

I'd accept an argument for second place over Arc but it's behind Get To Heaven by a longshot

Jesus why were you expecting anything?

I don't think it's an unpleasant listen, but I haven't gone back to it nearly as much as any other St. Vincent album.

All his other solo albums were 9/10 for me, this lacked any interesting moments

I swear I will never understand the hate the XX gets on Sup Forums

Im not sure but Im guessing their mediocrity has major part on this

>Tiny Vipers - Laughter

Hadn't had a Tiny Vipers release since 2009 so when I saw her new album was going to be 6 songs and be ambient tape music I was super excited, I loved the single "KISS" but the whole album is so boring. Some of the most uninspired and uninteresting ambient music i've heard.

Empty the Bones of You was such an important album to me growing up. This album almost hurt my feelings with how sterile it was.

The new Shobaleader One album was pretty bad too, but it was just an album of Squarepusher covers, so how good could it have really been as a cover album, I guess.

don't even remind me

This was a solid 7.5/10, about on par with the first album.
Nothing exceptional but a comfy background album.
7/10, disappointing coming after his previous albums. Not bad, but somewhat mediocre.

you must have been listening to a different album than the one I listened to

It's decent, but seems a bit boring and faint in comparison with previous albums. I expected a lot more.

This whole year

this

fuck you this is aoty

Yeah this is mine too
I have no idea why everyone is jerking it off it's got a couple good songs on it but mostly it just feels so uninspired

Not as good as self-titled but then again its hard to top perfection

maybe you're just a fucking pleb

>pleb for not liking an album by a corporate, p4k-core band like The National

kek'd

This. And I had such high hopes for it.

literally everything i was looking for

also my life in 2017

Idk if I can call it a disappointment because the singles gave an idea of what was happening. but yeah.

Best year of the decade so far bish.

This is probably Arca's weakest project and I wish he made something more like Entranas.

I suck and am dumb.

As much as 2016 was an ass year, I really enjoyed AMSP, Blonde and TLOP, they were all so comfy.
I guess Flower Boy is good comfy-tier hip-hop from this year, but other than that not a lot of music up my alley, maybe Slowdive for that comfiness too, but it's too short.
New National are 50/50 for me, I wish they didn't even try with Turtleneck cause that song is so out of this album's character. And also the change in the lyrics style is my biggest gripe, most of the edge and wit Matt had in his lyrics is gone, replaced by simpler lines that don't work half the time.
That being said, Empire Line - ISDY - Guilty Party might be my favorite 3-song streak this year.

Pic related I was kinda hyped for, but it didn't grow on me at all and the only song I come back to sometimes is I Used To

The worst songs on that album were used as the singles.