I'm done with spotify

>incredibly slow and bloated desktop app that has been known to crash many computers with Win10, even though it works fine on android and iOS
>says high quality for premium, but is not lossless
>they don't have a lot of foreign music (Japan, Russia, etc)
>NO King Crimson, Acid Bath, Midori, etc
>when someone finally does show up on Spotify like COIL then it's barely a few albums
>little to no video game OSTs
>shit tags for last.fm

I'm sure there's a lot more reasons, but I think I'm honestly done. I've been thinking about quitting spotify for awhile now, too. Am I just being an idiot?

The thought of not actually owning the music I listen to gives me chills.

stop using last.fm
stop listening to video game osts
download music you can't find on it
use the browser version of spotify

>Am I just being an idiot?
You're the idiot for using Spotify in the first place

>stop using last.fm

I need it to keep track of things, it's really helpful.

>stop listening to video game osts

I mean, I could just find it on KHInsider or whatever but why would I stop?

I use it because it still has a lot of music I listen to that I can hear on the go without having to worry about my phone/music player's storage and save that space for music that's not on Spotify.

TL;DR: it's good at what it does but definetely could be better.

nah i recommend stopping last.fm. it became a massive headache for me and the recommendation system was rubbish
just listen to what you enjoy bro

I use Apple Music, but honestly iTunes on Windows 10 is also pretty bad, but not as bad as Spotify is for me.

And desu, it only makes sense that I use Apple Music since I've got an iPhone.

>incredibly slow and bloated desktop app that has been known to crash many computers with Win10, even though it works fine on android and iOS
shit desktop then, this literally never happens.
>says high quality for premium, but is not lossless
you know nothing about lossless audio user, you just think it sounds better because some anonymous users on a Pakistani curry image board website told you so, despite it all being placebo.
>they don't have a lot of foreign music (Japan, Russia, etc)
Why are you expecting Spotify to have your obscure foreign music no one has even heard of?
>NO King Crimson, Acid Bath, Midori, etc
who cares about any of these bands
>when someone finally does show up on Spotify like COIL then it's barely a few albums
who cares
>little to no video game OSTs
this couldn't be further from the truth, but why are you listening to OSTs man-child?
>shit tags for last.fm
>2017
>using last.fm

>Am I just being an idiot?
Yeah most of these reasons you gave (aside from maybe the foreign music one) are ridiculous.

>No King Crimson
>No Midori

These two are my biggest gripes to be honest. But then again, I had to use soulseek to find Midori's albums, so it's like it was any easier to torrent them.

Spotify and Apple Music needs to make it easier to find foreign music, especially Japanese.

>placebo

meh I don't mind if it's 320kbps but I can tell the difference. It's more powerful and all the frequencies are coming through. You have to have a trained ear.

>obscure

Obscure music is the best music. Shouldn't you be in school user?

Do you work for Spotify or something?

>just listen to what you enjoy bro

What do you think I listen to really obscure hipster shit just so I can brag about it in my charts? I listen to everything, even the worst most bland pop ever. I need to keep track of all of it. It's hardly a headache.

>obscure music is the best
Found the snowflake

>without having to worry about my phone/music player's storage

nigga are you retarded? all the music you listen to is on com.spotify.music/files/spotifycache/Storage taking space.

>still using the word snowflake

found the soyboy

>who cares about any of these bands
implying those are the only artists not on Spotify
>who cares
>ignores argument

nice reddit spacing
>meh I don't mind if it's 320kbps but I can tell the difference. It's more powerful and all the frequencies are coming through. You have to have a trained ear.
It is 320kbps though user.
>Obscure music is the best music. Shouldn't you be in school user?
please oh patrician, tell us the true good music! Please inform us about your favorite EAI or Free Improvisation album! please oh patrician! bless us mere' plebeians!
I reiterate my initial point user, why are you expecting a mainstream company to give a flying fuck about obscure music. Spotify has plenty of esoteric artists and albums, but literally no one cares about your bottom-feeder avant-teen shit.

ITT: Spotify paid shills

>you know nothing about lossless audio user, you just think it sounds better because some anonymous users on a Pakistani curry image board website told you so, despite it all being placebo.

>despite it all being placebo

>placebo

user get the fuck of this board, you don't belong here.

>samefagging
also
>you don't belong here.
user, nice reddit spacing

so the Russian versions of t.A.T.u. are avant-teen shit huh?

Man I feel sorry for you every time you post.

>his only argument is le reddit
>chimps out when others gang up on him and calls it samefagging

You do realize what licenses are user?
Spotify is a business, so why would they ever license shit that no one cares about?
literally all the same person

>Do you work for Spotify or something?
Yes the only possible reason someone could like a service and say someone else has shitty reasoning is if they work for the company.

stop samefagging. spotify sucks get over it

>Using either of those buzzwords.
You are both equally pathetic.

you care more about jewy business tactics?
Did you suck off Harvey Weinstein
I bet you love Israel too
wow you care about shekels more than principle
fucking degenerate
fucking oven dodger
kys kthx

you can delete the app and reinstall it every now and then to get rid of the cache files. Anyway it's not as big as having the files themselves on your phone.

Join the Google play music master race. Anything they don't have, you can download and upload so it's in your library along with all your streamed music.

back to Sup Forums faggot

Yeah all that would be bearable, (except maybe for the slow af desktop app in the long run)

But the one thing that turned me away was the 10K song limit in the library. I don't wanna delete something every time I save something new. It's so stupid, they're alienating their most loyal users.
I've used apple music since and I'm pretty happy but I miss stuff like discover weekly.

Wow a real answer, thanks for that. I think I will switch over to them.

>He agreed with me so that's the only "real" answer
Cmon man...

real niggas use spotify-dogfood

this

Fuck streaming

What? Everyone else is clearly trolling. People who use and defend spotify should have their family burn in a thanksgiving fire in front of them.

>shit desktop
how can a desktop alone be shit?
I have a really great computer and spotify is fucking god awful on it. Not to mention the WEEKS at a time where it has the error where it can't play any songs on the desktop until they issue out a fix for it.

They Fkn told me I've saved the max amount of albums ur allowed to save :(

but user
you have torrenting software and soulseek installed

I share a music board with fuckwads like this.

very edgy user, please go back to your containment board

I would be willing to bet that both of your Spottily libraries consist of music you have no listened to, most likely around 80% of all albums you've saved you've never listened to and won't ever listen to. Do yourself a favor a delete albums you know you won't listen to or have no interest in listening to.
The 10k song limit is literally only a problem for people who just save music and never listen to it.

>less than 1% of users are reaching this limit

what did they mean by this?

it means that 1% of their users are reaching 10k songs saved
they won't change it, I'm assuming that 10k is near a break point, if you save more songs they lose money

>implying I haven’t done that numerous times already.

Spotify is for normie plebs. True patricians use Apple Music

>"owning" digital media
good goy

my favourite part is that they lose money every year

First guy here, I listen to literally every album in my library front to back.
Sure I don't like every song in every album but I only have albums in there that I either like or am planning to listen to in the future and I have tidied up my library numerous times
I am doing another marathon of my library as we speak.

>paying spotify

good goy

lol you responded

>hey guys i have all the answers why don't they just do it the way THAT I HAVE BEEN DOING IT, IT'S SO SIMPLE

It's been proven time and time again that ppl can't tell the difference between 320 and FLAC lol. Why Sup Forums continues to insist their ears have capabilities beyond the rest of the human population escapes me.

some fringe genres like lowercase and drone, you can definitely hear a difference

post specs or dxdiag
I have a mid-range computer and I have literally never had an issue with spotify

but why do you need to keep track of your music? what point does it serve other than as some vain-glorious personal testament that only you yourself cares about? also, as has been stated otherwere itt, it's 2017 dude, last.fm has long surpassed its prime (much like this shitty website)

Who proved this? Do you have "peer reviewed" studies or papers? Anything at all? I can tell the difference because I've been working with audio all my life in a professional setting, so it's my job to know. I'm not sure why people can't understand this.

yeah but it streams so seamlessly between my house, car and workplace bluetooth speakers. i don't even need to press play when i get in my car. it just does it for me.

>Epic collection friend

>vain-glorious personal testament

lol people on here are salty. why would anyone wanna keep track of their music? gee I dunno, it's not to help them remember what songs or artists they liked or anything. nope it's all for masturbation purposes.
let's put it this way. suddenly a song plays and then you're hit with nostalgia. you go "oh yeah I remember this" but you haven't heard it in years because you completely forgot about it. now with last.fm it's a little easier to remember.

>suddenly a song plays and then you're hit with nostalgia. you go "oh yeah I remember this" but you haven't heard it in years because you completely forgot about it. now with last.fm it's a little easier to remember.
eh, call me a luddite but that removes some of the magic of daily life for me. the first part of your sentence carries more grace to it
anyway i feel that using last.fm for those purposes is a bit clunky and a waste of time. also for what it's worth i don't appreciate the cut of your jib, i'd prefer a civil conversation about last.fm's merits and disadvantages thank you

my nergo get yourself that google play music, shits tight. 5 tabs open, all scrobbling, got this shit on lock

Eh, I got over it. I don't need to own the music i'm >>listening

just use Chad youtube to find your shit

I find its great for exploring artist that are well know that i havent heard of.

Will post when I get home but it has all the best parts you could buy about six months ago bc online gaming competitively. You're telling me I can run two clients of a game on highest graphics with absolutely zero lag but can't run a music app because my computer is bad? The app is shit. Just because it's compatible with your mid tier computer doesn't mean a whole lot. Also maybe you simply havent used spotify during one of the times it put out a bad patch/update.

why would you saving songs mean they are losing money?

>shit tags for last.fm

That's why I moved to Deezer, some tags are fucked up (artists, bands albums with an "&" for example) but it's not as shit as spotify.