Nevermind vs BSSM

You know, I just find it so ludicrous how even though these two albums came out on the same day, and each were beyond spectacular in the course of alternative rock, one still gets highly acclaimed to this day while the other is somewhat underrated (though it has had its fair share of praise). Any love for BSSM?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1UYDZPeUq0Y
docs.google.com/document/d/1sBb4DVR_7AU04gYpLNfUwqyozQ2OLwSIHksSLf8OIzk/edit?usp=drivesdk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

red hot chili peppers are shit

anthony kiedis is shit, the rest of the band are fantastic

:(

>Only ever heard Give It Away, Suck My Kiss and Under the Bridge

Yes I love BSSM and have recently pretty much learned every song off of it on guitar, it's a lot of fun to play shit off of that album. Started trying to learn stuff from mothers milk now

whatchu think of cabron and minor thing?

BECAUSE KURT DIDNT RELEASE A NAVARRO ALBUM THE NEXT YEAR
BIGGEST MISTAKE IN RHCP HISTORY UNTIL ABRACADABRALIFORNIA

nothin personell kid

vocaroo.com/i/s1UYDZPeUq0Y

I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT I WANT TO GET ALONG WITH YOU

Something in the way yeaaa uhmmm something in the way

wrong

>pverrated grunge record with a few good tracks
>great alt rock/funk rock with every song being good and fun to listen to

Thank you!

Bump.

BSSM is far superior to Nevermind. I don't even understand how it's a competition.

>Any love for BSSM?
I haven't listened to this record in probably about 7+ years, thanks for reminding me it existed op, not even being ironic :)

gonna whack it on now if you don't mind

That's not what Pitchfork says.

BTW, this was the main reason why I started this thread.

Pitchforks retarded. BSSM is at the very least a 9.

>That's not what Pitchfork says
Woah. Y'know, for a split second I almost found myself giving a shit.

If you love john on bssm you have to listen to pic related. he recorded most of it in his free time not recording bssm

They really are.

Give It Away and Suck My Kiss are great.

Bump again.

>RHCP
>ever good
>using the term 'alternative'

Its boring pop rock

>“I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”
- Nick Cave.

So based even if he's acting like a crybaby right now.

You're retarded, read my essay again!

docs.google.com/document/d/1sBb4DVR_7AU04gYpLNfUwqyozQ2OLwSIHksSLf8OIzk/edit?usp=drivesdk

Ironic how Nick Cave looks like Anthony Kiedis' father.

>To Clara
as in Clara Balzary?

speaking as an ancientfag whose senior year in HS was 91-92, I played the hell out of both of them when they came out. I never soured on either album per se, but I haven't played either album in a great while.

The part I find interesting was that BSSM was something like the Pepper's 5th album and their influence had grown steadily for the whole 80s. I think their first certified hits were on Mother's Milk--a truly great album--so we (the kids who followed such things, which was not a whole lot of kids at my school) were primed and waiting for BSSM to come out. It is probably their best album, IMO.

Conversely, Bleach was unknown to us. Despite being released on DGC, Nevermind took quite a while to catch on, but when it did, the reaction changed the scene forever. A girl I liked had an older brother who went to a cooler school. He had Nevermind, so she made me a tape. A bit later, I heard a college DJ sarcastically lauding them for blowing-up, but I don't think they even had a video yet. Then the video and then SNL and then every fucking normie from coast to coast were sucking their dick.

what was it about Nirvana? aside from the current and classic punk, there were plenty of above-ground alternative that were at any record store by then. What was it about Nirvana that made the square-assed bitch in my french class to write NIRVANA on her tshirt in magic marker? I didn't get it then and I don't get it now, but that's the way the cookie crumbled.
/blogpost

Never heard of him. Some nobody probably

Californication and By the Way are better. The less Keidis tries to rap or funk, the better.

RHCP with Frusciante>everything else.

Uplift Mofo, Mother's Milk, and BSSM are the holy triumvirate

But whenever Kiedis tries to sing on BTW and Cali he's autotuned af. There is no protools cheating on BSSM

Autotuned Kiedis>Regular Kiedis

>separating the content of the music from the music itself
>thinking it would be as enjoyable/popular without the cornerstone of their style
Kiedis can't sing for shit but that's beside the point

reminder that this is the best peppers album by an absolute mile

Try harder next time

>>pverrated grunge record with a few good tracks
from front to back the album is great what do you mean, its just overrated and overproduced

a true lo-lo-fi masterpiece

DONT FUCK WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

U2 and RHCP are the two biggest pleb filters ever. Most Indie rock millenials talk shit about them because of theirs shitty (but popular music) from the 2000's. If these people actually listen to music they would find a very rich discography from the 80's and 90's by both bands, instead they prefer to stay in their p4f-noisey-fantano world, thinking that Vertigo is the only U2 song and Californication the only RHCP song. You guys make me sad

Just saying that the same thing that you guys talk about U2 and RHCP, your kids are going to talk about your precious Mac DeMarco, Radiohead, Warpaint, Death Grips...

Two of my favourite Chilis songs but I'm not the guy you're replying to

Billy Pepper & The Pepperpots > Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Hey respect Radiohead faggot