Why do Scandinavians build their homes out of wood instead of bricks like the rest of Europe?

Why do Scandinavians build their homes out of wood instead of bricks like the rest of Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumping_station
twitter.com/AnonBabble

stupid thread

Because we are very big on carpentry. If you see a wooden house that means at some point the person who lived in it built it from the ground up. The house I'm in right now was built by my grandfather over the course of a few summers, to serve as our family's vacation house which it still does to this day. Back home in the suburban areas we live in brick houses.

There is also a strong cultural appreaciation of a nice wooden house painted Dala-red. It's iconic, for Sweden at least.

My grandpa actually built his house out of Stone.

Your grandpa is either just weak or has never heard of the big bad wolf.

>be poortugese
>live in a stone cave
loool

>be dutch
>he has to have conjoined caves with his neighbours

Because bricks and stone were for the upper class.

It was much cheaper to build things out of wood than to ship rocks from place to place.

The funny thing is that the only famous fire in Stockholms history happened in a stone building.

Actually homes are built with concrete now and styrofoam insulation. Get with the times

>Scandinavians build their homes out of wood
umm try again sweetie

Move out from the city you faggot.

Wood is superior. My farmhouse was built in 1700s. My great grandparents bought it in the 1800s and it's been in the family since.
Now it's mine.

can I come live there?

Sure bring a couple bottles of Koskenkorva.

Weren't SPQRED.

That's right mfers. We build in our own style. Evolved in Scandinavia since before the viking age.

looks like a bitch to maintain.

furthermore, due to it's cultural historical value, it's bound to have some kind of legal protection that prevents you from remodeling it.

That looks so comfy

>be portuguese
>live in stone cave
>stone cave catches fire

kek

>mfw Australian trees are painting Portugal red irl

Fucking emu-spawn

Yeah. Wonder why. Sage.

Set it on fire. Trees and mountain are inefficient in every way.

Build your houses under ocean water level. What could possibly go wrong.

Because they have more wood suited for building houses at their disposal?

Do Dutch houses have cellars? serious question

Wood > Rock

Yes. Groundwater isn't a problem.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumping_station

And in the past we used pic related to pump water out. Many are still working today as backup.

Why do burgers rebuild their houses out of twigs each time a tornado passes by?

ayy