Nusantara

Why the hell is this not a country?

Too many islands

There are barely any Austronesians in that dot of Vietnam through. You should check the Central Highland, that's where all non-Chams Austronesians live.

1. Differences in Religion
2. Differences in languages and dialects

The true question is, why the hell is that region comprised of less than 20 countries?

They should be one country and move together to fight back against china.

different colonial overlords

Maybe because of us?

Just be one nobody can distinguish difference

Because of
>Spaniards
>Dutch
>Brits

Although Frech also grouped us together with Laos and Cambodia, and all three still broke out to become independent right after.

Don't forget your flag

Aesthetic speaking, it's a all right flag, I hate its anti-Buddhist government through. And it's not like I like the current government.

>this could've been the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere

It hurts. Thanks America.

a fucking yellow star. Literally no culture.

Its south american tier

? South America flags are ok.

That South Vietnam came from the flag of "Empire of Vietnam", you Japs' puppet. I don't think there're any culture in it either. If I want cultural flag, i would choose this.

Why don't you just use that flag? Because your government love commie so fucking much?

Why are you so butthurt that you cry about it all over Sup Forums?

Reminiscent of a country that beat america. Unlike some

Well, that flag isn't national flag either, it's army flag. I like it through. Anyway, "communism" in Vietnam is literally a meme.

Because this is all I do

Vietnam has a great flag
very aesthetic
desu I'd like if the colours were reversed but I know we've got to keep the communist colour scheme

blue border with yellow field and red star would be great
yellow star is too Chinese
Red Star is Russian

Ask for the SEA countries, do you hate china?

Yes it's great flag and your current flag is kind of shit

But why do you love a fucking star so much? are you retarded?

No. Why should we?

Star is good
simple yet elegant flag
circle looks like another japan clone
Vietnam honestly has a fantastic flag as is
I just don't think it represents Vietnamese people or history as good as some pre-colonial banners might
pic related is my best alternative
similar to old Imperial flag, but not the same as Republic flag
maybe blue flamed border likeas well

>tfw we could have had the Philippines without Muzzies but the Americans decided to annex Mindanao for fear of Japan invading it, since the Jap community was already huge in Davao

It could have been a developed country, fuck muslim malays

>china

imminent imperialism and shieet

SEA was built on "almost" and "could have"

Use it

Square > Circle

It hurts how Mindanao fucks up the stats

yes it's better

What happened to the jap community ? They went back to Japan ?

Most of them collaborated and supported the japanese invasion, they were often interpreters and translators. After the war they either went back to Japan or concealed their ancestry to integrate in the society (Despite the memes a good chunk of flips look east asian). Some of them even changed their surnames as far as i know.

perfect
I don't think such a flag change will happen, not after the actions of the South + them losing the war, and the collaboration of the Emperor with the French

Interesting, i thought that the Chinese were the only north east Asians there.

Well, japanese filipinos are surely not as common as chinese filipinos, but they're surely nothing strange. My acquaintances are also from the North, while the japanese influence was the strongest in the South (In particular in Davao as I said). There was an embassy, a school, it was even called "Little Japan" or "Little Tokyo". So yeah. Too bad there's no much material about it.

Another interesting fact is that filipinos were so much weaboos it hurts, before the revolution against Spain some of the founding fathers even offered the Philippines to the emperor of Japan. The emperor refused but indirectly supported some japanese ultranationalist during the following war against the american invasion of the Philippines. Kinda like foreign fighters of nowadays.

The role of the Philippines in the rivalry between the US and Japan is often understated 2bh.

No, China is based.

Except Philippine, the rest should unite, all of them having common Srivijayan-Majapait heritage

Malaysia, Indonesia, and Brunei are all richer than Philippine, only Singapore is richer to them in SEA, with Thailand slightly poorer than Malaysia and ahead of Indonesia

>literally a dot

It's called Malaysia

>Malaysia, Indonesia, and Brunei are all richer than Philippine
And? Doesn't change the fact that muzzies in Mindanao are the cause of the Western Mindanao poorness. The north is 6 times richer for fuck's sake.

Malaysia will rise by great Najib Razak and unite all SEA under him after we BTFO the DOJ and North Korea

Yes they are thieves

Cuck

>a fucking hemorroid

>vietnam

Maybe you should consider the problem is not being Muslim Malay but rather being controlled by Filipino

Their support never arrived their boat sunk during a storm

It was never big to begin with most of them are just Okinawan rice farmers.
Even japan today doesn't consider them Japanese citizens anymore
They're are still some that are struggling to go back to japan

t.paki

Yeah it totally does not have to do with the fact that Malaysia supported terrorism in Mindanao.
Did I also mention the fact that Thailand poorest region is the one inhabited by muzzies? What a coincidence uh?

But that's not true user

literally never see moro or sulu shit
they are maybe muslim, but more like us or malaysian
they are technically different in culture and shits from their pal at north
they are probably radical biut their ideology is more into nationalism based on culture and religion
most moro or sulu acted like that, just lurk the news
misuari leader of Moro guerilla hate isis, he even offered cooperation and join operation with duterte when marawi happened
only few of sulu or moro who join abu sayyaf (isis branch in SEA), and most of them who are joining it are the graduate of afghan or syria shits

I didn't get all of what you've written, but while it may be true that most of Moros are collaborating with the government nowadays, a lot of them caused a lot of troubles till no more than 20 years ago and if they're poor af is because of themselves.

Plus japan just really wanted to get rid of Christians.
They saw us as the cancer that's spreading it in the region

I once had a Half Jap-Flip daddy fuck buddy once. He uses different toys on me.

They would have done right.

The poorest region in Thailand is Isan in the northeast, not the southern Muslim area
Just face it, its genetical, Filipinos are never a creator of civilisation, and they never have been relevant compared to Malays; it reflects in the modern condition; the Filipinos just regress to their natural inferiority after losing guidance from their western masters, if the Moros were to be free, they would boost to Malaysia-Brunei condition

>I didn't get all of what you've written
what i want to say is most of muslim rebels in SEA are based on ideology of nastionalism of religion or culture
just see GAM, MNLF, MILF, or Sulu SUltanate
the ones who brag down about islamism in here are the ones who just graduate from warzone like in afghan or syria

>and if they're poor af is because of themselves.
well what the fuck are you expecting from a rebellion? even ISIS who at first was rich af, now just in same tier like al-qaeda

This want most separatist believe
and its spreading like aids in the internet because of the Isis attack.

The thing is not all parts of Mindanao were Muslim and not all of the Muslim tribes put up a fight against Spain tho they kept their religion.

Parts of Luzon were also not occupied by spain and only those parts are trying to separate

>The Katipunan also asked Japan to send a military squadron to help fight the Spanish and to later on recognize an independent Philippine government.

>Japan made no official commitment since it was not at war with Spain, but that the weapons were sent through a private vessel, the Nonibiki-maru, which reportedly sank before getting in contact with the Katipunan.

Story seem to be consistent

It might be true that the roots of separatism are historical and cultural, but Islam is what makes it survive. I seriously doubt that their culture is significantly different from the culture of those provinces that converted to Christianism but were muslim before (See: Sultan Kudarat)

>this is what pakis believe
Narathiwat is among the poorest provinces together with Pattani. It might not be due to being Malay but muslim separatism is the cancer of SEA

I was mostly memeing user. Western Mindanao is however a very big problem for the credibility and the stability of the country, though.

>Japan made no official commitment since it was not at war with Spain, but that the weapons were sent through a private vessel, the Nonibiki-maru, which reportedly sank before getting in contact with the Katipunan.
The government's website says otherwise, but whatever, there's no point in arguing with no sources,

>Gov website

Link?

>I seriously doubt that their culture is significantly different from the culture of those provinces that converted to Christianism but were muslim before
well we have papua, mollucas (not the north one), north celebes, NTT who are not muslim but they are into the provinces that are poorer than the rest of indonesia's provinces

officialgazette. gov. ph /diplomatic-relations/ph-jp/

We could have been SAMURAIS AND SHEITS.
Shame that how incompetents Japanese are in navigating ships considering we're both an island nations.

It says the same thing during revolutionary war with spics the japs failed to help the katipunan.
But during flip american war some nationalist japs soilders helped Aguinaldo's army.

sakoku policy

Things got confused, that's exactly what I said in my original post
Didn't know that they intervened during the revolution too.

Either away we lost anyway even when they "helped"

because of Brit and Netherland