Capture the Flag

When will the GOAT game be added to the Olympics?

>three bushes on the blue side

Not fair match

Correct. Cmon, OP. This is some bush league bullshit. Draw a fair map.

>physical output unmatched by sport, constant running
>ability to score at any time
>split second strategic thinking
>can be played almost anywhere
>everyone is always involved
CTF is the patrician sport

HOW TO FIX CAPTURE THE FLAG
>give all the players swords except the captain that gets a rocket launcher with a single shot
>multiball

there i fixed ctf

Would you consider more bushes an advantage or disadvantage?

It needs even less thing to play than football so it could expand everywhere

1 flag CTF > 2 flag CTF

Give the players some airsoft guns and we're set.

fun as hell with paintball guns

M U L T I F L A G

>designated flag

Wrong.

It could be improved with mandatory clown shoes and boxing gloves, but yes it is the patrician sport

what's stops a team from turtling though, you can just hide and wait for the team to come to you and hit them, causing them be out and you win.
There has to be another minor objective added so to provoke players to rush the flag

A shot clock where you have to enter the other side every so often

The best part about CTF is that the field is variable. Unlike soccer, the field can change every game. Imagine the Olympics where a giant curtain around the field is pulled up to reveal a new scenario for each round. There could be more water involved, or a cliff,or a forest. It can be a unique map for each match.

Do professional capture the flag tournaments exist?
I would watch this.

aren't all football code variations (rugby, gridiron, association, aussie) capture-the-flag simulations at a very basic level? lead your team to the end-point?

not really, even at that level of abstraction. the footballs all involve putting a ball between uprights or in an end-zone that your opponent is actively defending. capture the flag involves taking locating the flag, taking it, and returning it to your team's side of the field.

Honestly why isn't this a sport

for real, i love this idea and would watch

Imagine how shit this sport would be if one side parked the bus. The entire sport relies on kids having no patience and thus never playing sufficient defense.

see make it so you have to cross over

excessive guarding is truly the one downfall of CTF. Even in small games with friends, theres always a fine line between playing strategic defense and just standing over the flag. Some limit on guarding would have to be added for more competitive play

Bump

Baseball kind of. Except you give the other team the "flag" at the start

Growing up, we used to play CTF but the teams would hide their flag instead of having it out in the open.

It sort of eliminated guarding because then that could give away the location of your flag. We'd usually have one guy stay back to watch the other team search, maybe chase a couple people, in case they got close to the flag.