Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rv0dlT4OYFk
pagodamast.bandcamp.com/album/the-warden
chaosmoon.bandcamp.com/album/eschaton-m-moire
youtube.com/watch?v=YbnQSsv2Nlk
youtube.com/watch?v=TV9PLy-2I10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>making bootlegs, “for fun” or otherwise

Old thread is kill so I'll ask again in this thread: is early kreator considered proto black metal?

Is this the most underrated Nokturnal Mortum release?

>stop enjoying things

No kys
You “first wavers” can go listen to your thrash metal over at /meal/

fuck off you numale faggot

Why do you act like this just a case of “haha dude I just like music man” when you’re bootlegging shit like a fucking faggot. I’ve never met someone who “enjoys” music by doing that

I'm not making any claims for first wave still holding up as real black metal, just asking about the genres history and roots. Relax.

I’ve never heard a bm band cite kreator as an influence so I do t know what history and roots you mean

Just a quick suggestion to everyone who posts their personal charts.

Instead of posting all 200 albums that you've listened to, wouldn't it be easier to get recs based off of 50 or so albums that you actually really liked and intend to listen to again? If you've listed one Darkthrone album, it's safe to assume you probably like the rest of their discography, so there is no need to post the entire unholy trilogy. Obviously if you are trying to keep track of everything you've listened to it is useful, but it is hard to give recs if I have no idea what you liked and what you didn't. At least put a little green dot or something to signal that you'd like similar stuff.

*don’t

That's why I'm asking and not stating anything as fact. Take a deep breath and stop being so angry over nothing

How can this bother you so much? The guy likes to make tapes, there is no need for that to cause such internal rage inside of you. Buying official tapes is expensive, so if he found a cheaper and more satisfactory way to listen to music, let him. There's no need to be so fucking dumb.

Or how about you read the accompanying text which typically indicates which albums the person liked

ur both annoying and one of you is probably that anime shitposter from earlier so pls stop

What are you listening to?

youtube.com/watch?v=Rv0dlT4OYFk

If people do post which albums they liked or want similar stuff to, I will. But almost no one does. It's to help you, not me.

>listen to the entire pure BM era Drakthrone output
>tfw I only like Panzerfaust
am I a false

nah, just a contrarian

How far did you listen to? Listen to Ravishing Grimness if you haven't, you might like it. Personally I didn't care to much for Panzerfaust, other than a few songs. But no one cares whether or not you liked Transylvanian Hunger.

>haha just be chill dude, tolerate others man, peace love & understanding amirite
Sorry I have principles and don’t think fake merch is a cool hobby. Also no one actually gets mad at Sup Forums so we can stop fantasizing about inducing fits of rage in our le ebin internet arguments

Do you buy all your music?

And I’m telling you “obviously not”

>HOW DARE OTHER DO SOMETHING I DISAGREE WITH

Piss off mate

I buy all my tapes at least. I also am a maker and seller of tapes and believe that the practice is a way to get music from the maker to the listener, and it’s not just some memey aesthetic and “lolol let me put all my digital music on tapes for some reason to make it kool”

You're principals are pretty shitty if you download music off the internet then.

> I also am a maker and seller of tapes

So you do the same shit he does, except make a profit off it. Sweet.

You’re literally doing the same thing so I don’t get your point. We may not disagree but at least I have reasoning and not “huhuh dood it’s fun just chill out”

From A Blaze to Sardonic Wrath chronologically. Everything was pretty solid but nothing really hooked me like Panzerfaust. I'm not giving up yet, I'll definitely listen to everything at least few times more.
>Ravishing Grimness
Alright I'll give this a priority. Cheers.

>So you do the same shit he does, except make a profit off it. Sweet.
No because I make the music myself you literal fucking retard

"The first 3 publications of Kreator, Sodom, and Destruction are an enormous part of the black metal tradition... Some Darkthrone riffs will always be Destruction inspired. These bands are embedded in my blood. For Helvete!" - Fenriz

i don't understand how anyone can prefer anything but under a funeral moon

The principals of my schools weren’t too bad. However I we're talking about my principles then they’re not shitty because I want to listen to a lot of things, way more than I could ever afford, but those artists I do like I support with purchases of physical media. You’re attempts at deflection are quite sad

Do you record your music digitally?

Also even though we're arguing or whatever, I am interested in hearing your stuff if you have anything uploaded anywhere.

This is actually just fenriz saying he personally is a fan of kreator but okay.
*if we’re

No, it's Fenriz saying that Kreator is a part of black metal tradition and that those bands influence what he plays. Him being one of the most influential and talented men in black metal history, I think this argument is over. Unless you have more say in what bands influenced the genre in its early form?

I have analog equipment which I record into a DAW then transfer back onto tape. Not totally trve but it’s all I can really do for now without a 4 track or anything. Also I’ve posted my shit a lot this month so you’ve probably not missed it, I just don’t feel like posting it now because I’m admittedly in a pissy mood and don’t want my music to be associated with my online irritability. Maybe I’ll post it a bit later ITT if it comes up. Ultimately I guess whatever you wanna do to enjoy music ultimately doesn’t affect me at all but some stuff I just find dumb is all

Fair reasoning, I've listened to lots of the stuff posted throughout the month, so chances are your stuff is at least decent. I'm also trying to save up for a 4 track soon.

What reasoning do you have? All you've done is just called me a faggot. What's your problem with what I'm doing? I bought the album myself, and it even comes with a j-card you can print out. It's not like I'm gonna mass produce this and sell it.

I mean I don’t see him saying the riffs are inspired by kreator, can you point out more tangibly the influence? Link a couple tracks from both to give me an idea.

I’ve always found Bathory and Hellhammer to be the real “1st wave” acts in my book but hell, people draw influences from a lot of 80s metal. It’s totally possible that kreator influenced fenriz but I think calling kreator influential to the entirety of black metal is a bit of a stretch. I just really never hear them discussed elsewhere but I mean I’m curious as to potential influence they had now, if a good case can be made for it

I feel like I'm going to get a lot of shit when I put my digitally recorded album on tape

To the user in the last thread commenting on my ds collection: the Taur Nu Fuin vinyl is unfortunately sold out, but maybe a copy will pop up on discogs or something. Also, there are lots of good modern ds projects. Going along with the ones I listed in my collection, you should definitely check out Digre, Nebulosa, Einhorn, Nahadoth, Effluvium, Secluded Alchemist, Alder Deep, Snarling Clearing, and the other Abandoned Places projects like Loremaster and Mystic Towers.

Not any specific darkthrone riffs, I just did a quick Google search and found Fenriz talking about Kreator. I was just thinking that early Kreator sounds like other bands that are often cited as first wave black metal (especially early Sodom for obvious reasons) and was wondering what other black metal fans thought. I wasn't trying to make some conclusive claim on Kreators place in black metal history, just trying to start discussion.

The reasoning is that you’re just a dorky kid who thinks tapes are cool which is not the point of tape trading at all. It’s not just “oh black metal should be on tape” it’s that there’s a big tradition of tape exchanging and trade, and the medium is used because of the ease of making and trading them, not to pursue some aesthetic sensibility. I mean whatever I’ll probably stop responding since it’s ultimately not a big deal and you can do whatever you want. Me being critical is about as justified as you being defensive so I guess we all lose

To the user who asked about the new Vardan stuff in the last thread, I'm listening to this one right now (first thing I've listened to from this band). It's not too bad I guess, but a bit dull.

That’s fair, I mean I’ve just been saying throughout all this that I don’t believe they were really integral to the formation of the genre, fenriz may disagree though. I’d like to hear some other thoughts on it I guess but I mean I just never hear them being mentioned is all

Yeah Vardan never stood out to me a whole lot. It seems like one of many bm bands who seems satisfied to simply play the genre and doesn’t seem to make any effort to push any new ground. Whether or not that’s “bad” is a different matter entirely though

Yeah, I mean a decent number of the riffs and melodies are somewhat mildy pleasant and/or enjoyable... but if this is representative of the rest of the band's discography, I think I'll pass on them for now.

Oh shit that's rad. Reminds me of Myrkur.

I wouldn’t expect any “hidden gems” to pop up in the discog, nah. All I’ve heard treads a similar path

You know, that's fair. You're obviously doing this professionally, and I am a pretty dorky kid doing this for fun. I just hope that the shitty bootlegs now may lead to making my own own stuff down the line. Cheers user.

If anything it prepares you for working with audio equipment, so that’s always a plus. Additionally it can probably build some confidence which is always a big factor. Do you make any music currently?

>Reminds me of Myrkur.
wtf

Nothing outside of some riffs. Do you have any suggestions on getting started with more serious stuff?

Nice polish band here

The first big thing is to just fucking do it already. I’ve talked to so many people who are like “ah I just play guitar, and I have no way to record or anything so I dunno...” and that timidness is highly antithetical to the spirit of black metal to me. Do you think Vordb gave a shit about making a good first impression? Nah. So just plug your amp into your laptop’s mic port, get ready to do some shitty DAW percussion, and just make it. And then just keep at it. Write more riffs practice more vocals slowly improve your percussion. But you really just need to do it. My first bm demos were made when I had no guitar or drums and yet my burning desire to produce this music led me to find ways around my shortcomings and to enter the fray. Once you start and are putting music out there and getting feedback and advice and all that, then things will start to just fall into place. The areas that require improvement will become clear and your artistic vision will too. All I can say is I wish I started sooner

I posted this when it first came out but I don’t believe I really got much feedback or anything. Some time has passed and I’m actually getting a lot of positive feedback elsewhere so I’m curious to get some potentially more honest responses that aren’t hindered by the lack of anonymity, so feel free to offer criticisms and whatnot.
pagodamast.bandcamp.com/album/the-warden

anyone listening to the new chaos moon?? chaosmoon.bandcamp.com/album/eschaton-m-moire

Oh shit dude, I remember you posted some stuff a while ago, and I had to look back into the archives to find the links. Your music is a little heavy on distortion, at times its more tape hiss than anything else. I really do like the art for all your music, and I've been meaning to order your zine.

Who is the best qt in bm and why is it the girl from Sortilegia

Not usually my thing, but I dig it
Drum machines are expensive as fuck now, doubt I'll find one in my price range anywhere anytime soon

Haha yeah my visual art almost feels like my strongest attribute at this point which is it great but oh well
I’m not talkin a drum machine I’m talkin pirate software and do it. Hell I used the risset drums on audacity for a couple demos

*which is not great
Phoneposting is awful but here I am doing it

What does she look like?

I’ve managed to sell 16/25 zines so far so that’s cool

it's ok. pretty much every mayhem album is crap to me. not every classic is going to stick.

Especially not for every person. Idol-worship and respect are a fine line that’s often distorted

In terms of musical talent? Yes, probably.

Yeah, this reminds me of the discussion a little while back where some user was saying to listen to all the classics first. Noktorn had a great post on his blog about why that is not the best route to explore metal, but I couldnt find it.

>thinking this is qt

post volcanic-activity-core

youtube.com/watch?v=YbnQSsv2Nlk

Boots are acceptable if your trading dubs of your tape catalog between friends. Selling boots or making boots from mp3s is absolutely unforgivable though.

Guess again bastard. I was out eating sushi (unironically). Just got back. Good to see some other people taking up the torch of intolerance toward you pathetic limpdick mutsluts.

I don’t think I’ve ever eaten sushi without at least a hint of irony...bm for this feel?

any blackened jizz recs?

Loser.
youtube.com/watch?v=TV9PLy-2I10

Sigh

Correct answer, along with Abigail

I realize now that I already did order the zine. I'll buy that cassette too though. Hail November, brother.

Can anyone recommend any similar stuff?

Oh hey I recognize that greeting! FYI I’m like away from home on vacation but I’ll mail it all when I get back

I literally can’t and it saddens me

Are these threads dying out again? P slow imo

Yeah, they've been really slowly lately. I don't really mind since it makes discussion much easier, but at this point no one is posting anything making discussion impossible.

No problem mate, gives me something to look forward too. Enjoy your vacation.

I like it

Dam, trying to find bands that even sound close to this is dam near impossible, the only other band I can think of is Immortal but even then it's not that close.

is it possible to get a qt aryan GF just by making some really good Black Metal if you haven't released anything public yet and thus have no musical ''social status'', just purely on the merit that she recognizes you're talented? Or are women incapable?

Why wouldn't you release it if it's good ?

>wanting a "qt"
shame on you
QTs are the female equivalent of soyboys

Arson-Mothra is Fucking Dead

Sounds a lot like this

Good question. I guess it just takes time and money to actually produce copies of it and so many black metal labels say that they don't want people asking to be on their label

And it's also mainly a hypothetical question, if women can truly appreciate black metal

You could always just have it for download on bandcamp or whatever
And I'm sure some label would do a small run for you

Friendly reminder that the only people who deny first wave black metal being black metal are edgy teenagers who want to be kvlt

If you don't think Venom is black metal you're a kid, not a man

Perhaps. Would you say sending bandcamp links is a good way to approach labels?

Venom is black metal, it's just not good black metal.

no, it's thrash. just like mercyful fate/king diamond aren't black metal either. being bathory contemporaries doesn't mean anything.