Firearm Ownership

Is firearm ownership the most redpilled act imaginable?

Owning a weapon to protect your life and family sounds like a no brainer.

Why don't you own one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eg5Gaza6OOw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because there's no second amendment in commifornia

I'm in Cali and own 3 guns

I have a butterknife which I have not binned yet

Using a weapon for self defense is one way to never be able to own weapons ever again.

Sucks to live in a non-free country, huh.

the only firearm I own. optics and ACOGs are for pussies.

I would [hate] to own a gun because [they are senseless killing machines and are literally only used to kill babIEs, think of the children!]

[FOR THE SAFETY OF READERS, THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN EDITED BY THE EU THOUGHT POLICE]

You cheap whore

Because i would get sudden urges to kill myself

Who's gonna stop me

/k/ here.

Poverty AR is poverty.

And if you live in a major city like most of the population here you own 3 guns that you can't legally carry with you where they might be of some use in your day to day life.

>Why don't you own one?

>one
twenty something and counting ...

I have a CC, and even if I didnt, who's gonna stop me?

I'm a bit more complicated.

I don't think you could count my kills if you tried.

Having a firearm - ah no, I can just wait for hostile people to die.

expensive AR's aren't worth my time. nothing more embarrassing than watching some guy in the stall next to me take out his $3,000 AR to shoot paper.

You cheeky wanker, do you not care about the lives of your fellow countrymen?

But I do.

Ruger 556 AR15
S&W M&P 9mm
S&W 9mm shield

Gonna add a 1911 to my collection sometime in the near future.

dying is another way

This desu

>1911

Eww

Of course finland replies to that

>shitting on 1911s
For what purpose?

I own: Glock 23, Rock River Arms Operator III, Mosin Nagant, Browning A5, Remington 1187, and a Ruger 10/22. I have all the bases covered. Also have a CC in the state of Iowa and in that state it is a concealed WEAPONS permit so I can take anything with me, even a switchblade. Feels good, man.

XD master race.

>Oh no a guy wants to practice with his expensive firearm

Shooting has a relaxing effect on me.
To protect myself and my family.
To be ready for STFH.

I just love firearms.

I just bought my fourth gun yesterday and no plans of stopping.

This is true. This is why Obama was never a Constitutional Law professor. It isn't a hobby. It's essentially a ritual that microcosmically represents and revivifies our values. It's like if Atheists condescendingly allowed Catholics to drink wine.

Embarrassing for you, maybe.
Firearms are the modern equivalent to swords, just as swords surpassed stone.

The fuck? Everyone I've talked to loves their 1911.

Have I been meme'd?

it's just a waste of cash and in my experience, buying guns is a temporary rush that doesn't last. that's why so many gun owners own a ton of guns. they buy it, use it at the range, and get bored with it. I'm aware this all boils down to opinion, so let's just agree to disagree.

Owning a firearm in Canada is not easy. In fact, I live in British Columbia and EVEN YOUR FULL DRIVERS' LICENSE takes like 3 years. 3 fucking years.

I love my country, but I don't know if I wanna put in the effort and time to be able to own a shotgun.

I heard that you can't get permits to even own pistols anymore.

Wrong flag.

Why is there no red leaf?

I would buy a bolt-action rifle but there's no suitable range near me, and it's mandatory to be registered at a range. The fucking permit rules are a pain in the ass.

Move to America.

The Netherland's EU-presidency sucks. They want this madness and more for entire Europe.

Because I own three.

too fucking expensive, id rather buy food and videogames with my disposable income

>throwing your gun in the dust for a photo op
Disgusting
>STFH
>Shit to fan hit
Throw momma from the train

I own 3 AR's, but my favorite is a budget I built using nothing but parts on sale or clearance collected over about 8 months. Nevertheless, it has an optic on it that cost about $400. There is no reason to not run a red dot or 1-4 CQB scope on a rifle these days.

Borrow a friend's red dot and shoot a timed rapid-fire drill on multiple targets at various ranges and you'll probably see the difference.

YMMV

>450$ for a pretty good 9mm
>too expensive

Nigger how broke are you?

kek

I'm tired and type fast.

>literally a glock with a visible firing pin and a grip safety

The most insane thing about it is that sandnigger shits pop each other in broad daylight with illegal kalashnikovs in Amsterdam, simply bought in Belgium for a few hundred shekels.

REEEEEEE

1911s and ARs are basic bitch American meme guns

they're not necessarily bad, they just have a huge autistic following that blow appeal way out of proportion

1911's are too pricey for what they are. A decent one is going to be a grand. And they are single stack. And they have a lot of parts that were engineered 90 years before CAD came around. And they are sorta large.

They aren't bad. There are just so many better 45's out there. Pic related: xds 45 with a 4 inch barrel.

Already heard what that commission cunt said? Pic related.

>Poorfag arsenal

>S&W MP-15 Sport 5.56x45mm
>91/30 Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r
>Savage 755a 12g
>Savage Axis 30.06
>Marlin Model 75C .22 lr
>Marlin Model 39A .22 lr
>Mossberg Maverick 88 12g

To be fair, near my entire collection (Except for the AR) has been acquired through barter for goods and services, except for the 39A, which I dragged out of the woods. Most of the money I've spent on these guns has been fixing them and feeding them ammo.

1911 has a proven design, but the .45 ACP is losing it's shine as higher tolerances for 9x19 rounds are made.
ARs are great modular guns (if you buy the right parts for one), their ammo is cheap and plentiful and will kill most anything on this continent.

Neither thing constitutes a "meme" gun. An example of a meme gun is the P226.

Noo, do not let them know how done we are with this life.

People who drop way too much money on a pretty gun that is past its prime will profess to love and defend it like they would a stupid woman who used to be hot.

>2016
>still having to carry in condition 1

Classic EU. Lies and deceit is all they know, pieces of shit. Hope the Brits put an end to this farce.

>current year
>not being self-aware enough to carry in condition fabric

I'm working on it polfags

> higher tolerances for 9x19
What are you trying to convey because that doesn't make sense.
>P226
>meme gun
It's expensive for a reason.

Seems like being better with irons and telescopic sights would be the better deal, illuminated sights usually require batteries and even in the most ideal SHTF scenario, you'd be running through them.

>Is firearm ownership the most redpilled act imaginable?

No not at all. I own a lot of guns. I keep some of the best handy in case some asshole wants to break in. I sometimes open carry for big mean animals and not humans. But really most guns are actually "used" for utilitarian or sports uses. Self defense use of firearms is very rare. Of course, if you are one of the unlucky ones, well, having a gun might help a lot.

A gun does not transform you into super man or anything like that. It just give you one more big expensive hobby to master and enjoy greatly.

>attempting to get a gat in the People's Democratic Republic of New Jerseygrad

F

no they are great guns. you don't have to buy an overpriced kimber or colt either.

I love the XD, it makes the redundancy of the 1911 look futile and the redundancy of the 1911 is incredible.

hahaha my god.. I hope you realize how cucked you are

ARs are like Barbies for men. It's fine if you're a purist and just want to have a stock Barbie, but it's perfectly fine to own the Dream House and Convertible, too.

>a glock
fucking eww

It isn't, actually. Plenty of fudds own weapons and then go on to spout bullshit about how you don't "need" certain kinds of weapons.

They're making 9x19 that can perform ballistically superior to .45; only thing fuddy five has going for it is you don't have to subload it to use a suppressor effectively.

And it's expensive because it's a fucking Sig that people fanboy over to the point of the price skyrocketing well above what a basic ass 9mm should be. It's like Kimber 1911s. Yeah, it's a 1911 but OOOOH FUCK ME IT'S A KIMBER THEY'RE SUPER GUD (even though their QC has gone to shit lately) LETS PAY MOAR FOR THE BRAND NAME!

I just purchased a springfield xd for 450. fun as fuck. next I might by a PPK for 300. still want a 1911. Need more rifles and shotguns though.

i love xds, but being in cali i can't get many models :*(

:)

>change of sex
lol what

>illuminated sights usually require batteries and even in the most ideal SHTF scenario, you'd be running through them.
Not if you get a quality red dot. Some will last several years on a single battery when left on. If that bothers you then spring an extra $3 and stick a spare somewhere on your rifle.

I'm not against using irons. I think everyone should know how to use irons, and I force my son to only use irons on his 22LR just to make him comfortable with it. At a certain age though you need to step your game up.

Im perfectly fine with a glock and AR. Its what im most comfortable with and had the most training with. Whatever makes you shoot straighter go for it

>Let's not remember Sig put out a 1911 that couldn't properly eject shells...

I own one because it is my right to own one and while I hope I never have to ever use it on another person I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. It is good to exercise your rights even if you don't particularly see the need to use them often.

Plus shooting shit is fucking awesome and cleaning my gun is extremely relaxing. It is like post fapping bliss that last for 30 minutes.

I get that it's the deadest of horses, but 45 left 9mm right.

>and cleaning my gun is extremely relaxing.
this.

Because my country makes it extremely difficult.

>I'm not against using irons. I think everyone should know how to use irons, and I force my son to only use irons on his 22LR just to make him comfortable with it.

I used scopes for 20 years along with laser sights with scopes before the lasers had enough power to see without optics. Used some of the first LED laser modules in our own machined mounts...

But anymore I really hate lasers and scopes. They just get in the way. And at my range of shooting (~100 yards) they don't help me. They just add another layer of bullshit for me anymore.

Or a PPK clone that notoriously loses the slide catch lever spring when taken down for cleaning. Nah, fuck that stuff, let's take one of our old pistols, slap a cool sounding oldschool name on it and double the price! People will eat it like fucking popcorn!

Found the cuck with the $3000 AR

No, this is stupid. It's all about shot placement because with either round if you don't hit the CNS, Heart / Lungs, or a MAJOR artery, they won't drop immediately. Multiple rounds on target quickly is ALWAYS the order of the day for a self defense shooting and 9mm gives you higher capacity, less recoil, and superior ballistics.

Saying .45 is better because "Muh expansion" is an argument that could get people killed. Use the highest caliber that your comfortable shooting in a firearm your used too, and can practice with. 9mm is also one of the cheapest handgun calibers to train with.

Practice and actually having a gun when you need it are the only two things you need to worry about.

Found the cuck with the $3000 AR and no ammo

The typical red dots can run about 6 months on a single batterie no problem so that isn't that bad (those are standard cells so very common)

I agree, Irons are great and thats where everyone should learn how to shoot but a red dot adds so much to the quick target aquisition be it at normal ranges (100-300m) or in CQC is totally worth it to carry a few small spare batteries.

Because I own like 20. I'm really hoping Keltec will get off it's ass and make the rdb I ordered. I'm getting sick of waiting for it and my form 1.

Sorry m8, but I'll take volume of fire over size of caliber any day, particularly when in reality that size difference means very little to a human frame. I'd rather 15 of the one on the right than 7 of the one on the left.

Wow, these are grass-roots responses!

>Gun owners change sex so often that they had to add an option for it as if it was as normal as losing or damaging your card.

Because guns are for pussy faggots. There was a thread a few months ago where some Americans were saying about how they'd never been in a physical fight, same reason why they're all anti-bullying faggots with shit immune systems from a diet of hormone induced plastic TV dinners every day.

It's not that hard. I've got a bunch of them.

t. pikey "bin that knife m8" chaverson

Getting your RPAL is easier then getting a drivers licence you fucking cuck. Take a safety course, get 2 references that known you for a number of years that will do a quick phone interview with the RCMP and you send it off in the mail. It takes a couple months and you can definitely still buy pistols, AR 15s and short rifles/shotguns

Get a lyfe, bin that knife you nanny state, muslim coddling faggot.

It's supply and demand, the more people want, the more you have to make and the less quality control.
However a Swiss P220 from the 70's blows most modern production 9's out of the water.
>ballistically superior
in what ways?
.45 will always be able to deliver more kinetic energy, 9mm has better trajectory.
There's a reason that choices exist and we don't drink soylent fucking green

Ive got a F marked front sight post and a military spec carry handle for sights, it works and to me looks very nice on a non-tactical AR15.

The probpem with upgrading is you turn a 6 lb rifle into an 11 lb rifle very fast and that is stupid as shit, literally removing the one thing that makes a direct impengment AR great, it's light weight.

Oh hey OneSlow, glad to know I'm not the only crossboard /k/ommando
It's just shit that you have to jump through a ton of hoops to exercise what should be an inherent right

I should say too that I don't even bother to adjust sights anymore. Unless they are super off or they bother me I just adjust the sights mentally rather than pounding on and adjusting them physically. I have spent hours, days, weeks... adjusting fucking sights.... But really, just compensate for it with you mind and enjoy shooting. I actually shoot much better now once I gave up worrying about sight adjustment.

>It's all about shot placement because with either round if you don't hit the CNS, Heart / Lungs, or a MAJOR artery

In a hard core very close range self defense situation, shoot them right in the face... I don't mean to get too /k/ but:

youtube.com/watch?v=eg5Gaza6OOw

Pair that with a Pearce grip pinky extension and you've got something.