What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ycFxOhLZYFw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cashing in on nostalgia

Nothing you fucking hipster the album was great.

>hipster
I don't think you know that word means

what*

Nothing really. Love this album.

album is good and fun, not as good as SILY, but still good

even frankie sinatra

>I adored the way she modified my mornings
>When I'd wake up in the calm shoals of her bed
>Somersaults or smoke in a universe of sleep
>Before she slipped into her heritage and disappeared
>And she taught me to relight, relight and relight again

Shut up faggot this album is perfect

some really good songs on this album desu
If I was a folkstar and Subways are great

>We have a couple, you know, wild ones, WILD ones
>Sitting in my treehouse with my coffee, hanging out with the avalanches
>Nothing just called to tell you I'm ok and shit :')

everyone thought it was going to be as nostalgic as the first one, but it only just came out so it inherently cannot be. in 10 years when 16 year olds are discovering their discography they will rate them both very similarly.

I dare anyone in this thread to defend The Noisy Eater

>I hate fun

>he isn't hungry
>he doesn't want something to eat

>Because I'm Me
>Colours
>Zap!
>Harmony
>Sunshine

all fantastic but The Noisy Eater and Frankie Sinatra were not my cup of tea. did anyone really expect it to surpass SILY though.

>he doesn't like biz markie
Opinion discarded

great album. obviously not as good as sily but i don't think they were thinking about it in those terms
shut your noise op

It's a real grower, even the noisy eater grew on me.

CUZ I'M HUNGRY

yeah but they were never really good anyway.

this is how bands get away with making uninspired, boring albums; by sailing on reputation alone. try to imagine these posts being made if the album wasn't a massively hyped up, long-awaited return by the avalanches. try to imagine these opinions being expressed if it was a debut album by an unknown band. 100% pure nostalgia, has absolutely nothing to do with music

>everyone else likes the album
>NO! IM RIGHT! ME!

Frankie Sanatra

If I Was A Folkstar, Stepkids, and Saturday Night Inside Out are amazing, I wish more of the album was that good.

I'm worried about LP3 cause I'm convinced that's the actual comeback album. We know Wildflower was more or less finished in 2005 but the copyright witch hunt was going on at the time so they couldn't release it

What is your point? Should we not have favorite artists who we are excited to hear new material from? Should we only listen to underground artists in order to "fight the power"? You know there are plenty of unknown or low-key bands that people describe the exact same way in other threads right? You're not that oblivious to the fact that you're argument that everything people like this album for has nothing to do with the music is actually the opposite, right?
shit this is probably bait

Since I left you is a forward looking album, pioneered dance music for a generational sound.

Wildflower looks backwards in a self referential way. Which can work with some bands, but Avalanches has to be progressive.

Less sense of dynamics and progression, too many features that shatter the magic that SILY had.

SILY was liberal creative art
W is just conservative comeback trite

instead of a dance party album felt more like hip hop indietronica, should have ditched all the singers and rappers and put more samples
still enjoyed it though

all that really says to me is that good albums will be ignored by faggots if the band isn't already popular

Especially when a band only has one fucking album to "self-referentiate". It just comes off as gimmicky or hackish.

t. Toomanyrecords

desu SILY isn't even that good.
The memories you made listening to make you think it's great

give wildflower time to grow on you

it's been out for over a year. this post is retarded

nice bait
its fucking shit

>The memories you made listening to make you think it's great

You can apply this to everything

Theres like two bad songs, but the rest are 10/10

this mix was even better than the album
youtube.com/watch?v=ycFxOhLZYFw