Why are you wasting time on Sup Forums when you could be learning C++?

Why are you wasting time on Sup Forums when you could be learning C++?

Other urls found in this thread:

w3schools.com/
freecodecamp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

useless for my job and I do have to program in other languages

because I could be learning java, or javascript, or just go C# and get a microsoft job.

I'm already rich

C++ is deprecated, fool

this is why you're unhappy

sepples a shit
kill yourself
t. /prog/

I already know it

i already learned it

we got a butthurt C# fag here

Cuz its boring af. Rather shit post desu desu baka senpai kek.

what do you do?

I spent 2 years of my life wasting away in computer programming classes. I don't know how you autistic losers can stand that shit. So fucking boring.

control

I know the basics of c and Java, is that good enough?

I'm pretty comfortable with it already and I don't need it anymore. Had to learn it for my engineering degree.

Because I learned it when I was 12.

Is C++ Degenerate?

>muh seeshurpe
No.
Literally kill yourself twice for how dumb you are.
Fuck off.

Do companies still use C++

I hear C is popular for legacy systems and python/java for new systems.

>I know the basics of c and Java
Aah, but do you know the C and Java of BASIC?

Economist. C++ is only useful in our area if you really want to be efficient and usually we just want to write some code quickly.

>learning to code the jewputer

This board is more cucked than ever

Yes, it's horrible. It was a good first shot at a good idea, and remains a strong contender because all languages are shit, but it is extremely degenerate.

Because real men use Assembly

>having a marketable skill
we are truly cucks of the worst degree.

Programming does not interest me in the slightest and I have no real use for it.

I'd prefer to learn engineering or physics concepts.

But I don't because I'm an autistic lazy Jew

We use C for data transformation in our new system because it can perform faster than java can. It takes too long to cast objects in java.

>remains a strong contender
>all languages are shit
Cough.

Python is good for ease of use in maths etc. Java is just a pleb tier of C# which is a pleb tier of C++.

Engineering is basically just using software now

What do you program in?

t. liberal arts major

even though I'm a programming dropout (eventually got a writing degree) I think I would still like to go back and learn some more. I was getting decent at Java before I hit the snooze button.

Linux is shit, too, like all OSes, but that doesn't mean it isn't a strong contender.

ok then tell me which "superior" language do you use?

>Java is just a pleb tier of C#

Right, but not neccessarilly coding

Good luck in engineering or physics without knowing how to write code famalam.

Learn a fucking trade skill, electrician, plumbing, mechanics, etc. Fucking neckbeards code

Luckily any company worth a damn has its own software developers or the money to purchase the necessary programs

At least it doesnt shut down on you to try and update every 4 hours

Depends on the problem. Stata, Matlab, R, Python are the most common. Sometimes we use Eviews, sometimes we use Mathematica. The only "real" programming language on this list is Python but that doesn't really matter as long as the job gets done.

Nah, stick with your sepples, and your python and your java and your seeshu-arpe and all that buggy boilerplate enterprise scalable framework fuckery.
Why would I redpill you on programming languages, cunt.

>C++ is deprecated, fool
.. not exactly, it is evolved a lot, ironically since I swapped to other languages.
C++17 will soon be released, the current version is C++14.

You got lamdas, auto declarations etc.
It's grown *a lot*

I love it, though tbqh it's a fucking template nightmare. They could have bothered to solved the generics better, so you don't end up sitting there writing templates on templates in header files..

Seriously have a look at it, it's gaining as fuck again too. Love it, it's my mother tongue coming back

Already use it every day for work, free time's for shitposting, not for learning.

Java programmer here. I'm making cheat applications for popular games (Overwatch atm). Last month I and the guy who is working with me earned ~5000€

I wouldn't have even known Microsoft had done something so stupid if my parents hadn't still been using it. I told them to get a Mac.

Impressive. I've never even heard of most of them.

I can already Java

It's fun. You take some simple code and you make things, and the possibilities are near endless.
>t. moderately creative mind.

> obvious Haskellfag

Doucebag

>not learning X86 assembly.
>not running your code on hardware level.
plebs

Matlab and R are mainstream as fuck. Neither Matlab Eviews Stata or Mathematica are actually programming languages, just modeling tools for academics.

For the purpose of maths and the related subjects, yes. I've no idea about muh websites or whatever the fuck you do in java.

Wrong again.
Keep trying.

#include

void main()
{
do
{
std::cout

>I'd prefer to learn engineering or physics concepts.

Theoretical physicists these days are basically programmers who are really good at mathematics, I'm afraid. In undergrad we learned Matlab and C++ and there was scope to fuck around in Fortran, if you were a masochist. If you're doing anything theoretical in physics, you need to learn how to code.

Redpill me on c++

Is it a Jewish invention? Am I empowering the Jews by using the programming language?

I've actually been wanting to get into assembly a little more. More to take things apart than to create though.

Matlab kek. I totally forgot how to use that, it's all chemical engineers use and I needed it for my bioengineering major. My second degree in mechanical engineering all we fucking do is make pretty pictures on solidworks

What are you using to code your bombs detonators ?

In all earnestness should I learn to code? It may not benefit me now but I guess it will help pass the time.

Aside from college courses what's a good way to learn?

I like windows 7 honestly, the weekly updates just piss me off.

Especially if Im checking something out that takes 2+ weeks and I have to hit the delay button 3 times a day and it always happens when Im hooked to a projector

I'm currently deepening my knowledge of Java, once I'm done I want to get an oracle certification and then start learning C/C++ to make small games and programs.

oh you want to let met guess, You're using a meme language they taught you in high school?

get into PHP

How Do I learn to program things that interact with other Programms? Like calculating odds in my Poker game or something like That?

C# came along several years after Java. It was MS came up with when Sun sued the shit out of them for J++. If you truly believe there are things you can do better in C# then I'm happy for you. You're wrong, but I still wish you well.

>>>w3schools.com/

start with web design, its easier for beginners, and with JavaScript you learn some fundamentals for c++ like program flow manipulation, declarations, etc...

Nim sounds cool. Should I learn it?

because I learned it once and I'll learn it again when I go to make a video game. Right now I'm doing C and I am making a fancy structure for a custom display graphics engine.

Yeah sure son.
Totally.

it's painfully long though, I've seen the assembly code to write Hello World, awfully complicated. Understanding the native language however is a pretty cool thing.

freecodecamp.com/

#include

using namespace std;

int main()
{
cout

PHPajeet?

Cuck

I'm use SQL at my job instead

C++ is mostly only used for gaymin

Auto-Implemented Properties?

>muh websites or whatever the fuck you do in java
They use javascript which is actually unrelated to Java, although you can use J2e which IS Java but it's seldom used any more because JS is faster. Java itself is used in games like Minecraft and is really easy to get into for beginners though.

>2016
>Not learning Ruby on Rails, Node.js, etc

It's almost like you don't want to be hireable

Congrats, you're the only person in the thread who's using a language that has any use that wasn't already deprecated by a language that predated it from its inception, even if it is just a polished up and rebranded Algol 68.

C != sepples.

You forgot the semi-colon after system ("pause") and since you declared main as int, you need a return statement. also you use an apostrophe in the string without using the character escape sequence for it, which is \'

well meme'd rupert

Dark Age of Camelot.
Best game ever.

>t. Typical Nordic Webdev faggot

I never had to bother with either, at a glance they seemed way too similar so I just assumed C# came before because of the C meme.

Is java actually useful for maths/engineering purposes?

Because C# is better
Fight me nerds

>node.js
i pooped a little

system pause doesn't really need a semicolon, i tested it (devc++ compiler)

and oh yeh, forgot the return statement. god i hate that shit

what were you customer service?

HAHAHAHAHAHA
because I was too.
:(

how dare you

Auto-implemented properties are just C# for weak object encapsulation. You can do the same in Java, if you really want to.

Anyway, that's not a class of problem which can be tackled more effectively in either language. It's simply an implementation detail.

All you programmers out here who are actually good, remember to diversify your skills.

I've already turned down 5 job contracts in the last 2 months, all well over 6 figures (100,000 - 160,000). This is largely due to my ability to adapt to nearly any coding problems clients require.

DIVERSIFY YOUR SKILLSET PEOPLE

Also, switch jobs and hustle for a higher salary. Did that the last year and have already doubled my average pay.

Even sepples advocates neither can write nor do they like to write sepples.
Still they will advocate its supposed greatness until their last breath.

watchu you work, senpai?

>not using semi-colons just for good style
why live?

also just do "void main()" then you don't need a return statement (This may not work in C++11, i still stick to my good old C++95 :3)

what's your skillset?

But I can do it much, much, much faster in C# so if it does the same thing but faster than it does it better.