What is the best and easiest way of finding new music?

What is the best and easiest way of finding new music?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=album with a tribal mask on it and has bright primary colors
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Internet

Surfing the web

Random warehouses all over BKLYN.

Go through your friends' playlists

Google random genres

Go to a random genre's subreddit to see what bands are actually in that genre then find their music elsewhere

Related artists to ones you already like on Spotify

download someones entire library on slsk

So handsome.

Believe it or not rare threads where Sup Forums actually talks about music are the best places to go.

Watching Chris Ott's editorial video series 'Shallow Rewards' a million times basically kicked the doors open to alot of music for me.

Discover on Spotify is pretty great.

Yes, even youtube shit like Fantano, deep_cuts or whatever is enough to raise a name of some band you've never heard of.

And if you have a girlfriend who's super into music and basically gifts you her entire musical taste to you that helps.

Scratch the last part. I don't have that anymore.

>tfw

>go to randomwordgenerator.com
>get random word
>go to slsk
>search for word
>download first thing that pops up
For example I got "researcher" so now I'm downloading and going to listen to Tullycraft - The Lonely Life of a UFO Researcher

you ask me what's my favorite band and then I get you into them

This is actually disgusting

>Go to the library
>Pick a genre you want to explore
>Pick randomly an album
>Listen it
?????
>Profit

Bandcamp. Pick genre and go down the rabbit hole.

>go to quietus
>find a bakers dozen of an artist you like
>dig into his taste and influences

ez

fuck off normie

You're welcome

last.fm. although may be not obscure

Do not search at random for music like these other posts suggest - most music is shit. Research your favorite artists and discover what their tastes/influences are. Chances are an actual musician will have a much better taste in music.

I find music via youtube, I search for something I like and then eventually come across more stuff like it. Videogames like NFS U2, NFS PS, GTA VC, GTA SA etc have great music too so I sometimes shazam from that.
I also talk to my coworkers about music and if I find someone who likes more "interesting" genres or something that I haven't heard before, I ask them to recommend me some songs/albums. Works great.
Remember to never ask anyone who's either black or a woman. You're only gonna get rap, reggae, pop, rnb 99.9% of the time. If thats your thing, go for it.
Oh and I also have some favorite bands/musicians and I subscribe to their social media like facebook and youtube etc. That way, I can find out if a new album is coming out.

nts.live

you'l l find new music if you look for new music.

hahaha forgot about that vid
Follow artists you like on soundcloud, follow artists they follow etc

internet.com

Poseurcore and EDM: the online radio station

I go to discogs and search for specific genres, then i browse the genre/style by the most popular records and stream what i find, maybe download it if i really like it.

spotify playlists/radio stations desu

the only correct answer is:
search rym/discogs for artists/lists/labels/stalking users who like stuff you like (searching for genres is not so efficient)
and follow blogs that share stuff you like (only a few survive though)
for classical browse the label's site
use slsk

ignore fantano, p4k, Sup Forums
scaruffi has amusing opinions
spotify related artists/radio is alright but very very limiting

What is that one album with a tribal mask on it and has bright primary colors?

lmgtfy.com/?q=album with a tribal mask on it and has bright primary colors

That actually sounds pretty fun.

Asshole. I doesn't even show up when I googled that phrase anyways.