Björk released a quite challenging and musically complex album which turned out to be quite divisive...

Björk released a quite challenging and musically complex album which turned out to be quite divisive. What do you think of it? Should she return to a more approachable pop sound?

>produced by: arca

O shit I gotta listen to this

björk has always been challenging

co-produced

I think her vocal melodies and flute arrangements (which are very atonal) are the most difficult thing about this album. Is she trying to sound bad for the sake of it?

i think its not good.

only when compared to pop music

How come? Imo it's pretty good.

Maybe you need to open your mind a little.

i listened to it while on shrooms. gave me a bad trip. not good

Medulla is more challenging and better.

Medulla isn't half as challenging. The songs feature weird sounds but are conventionally-structured and very melodically, not to mention it has some very accessible stuff like Oceania, Who Is It and Triumph Of A Heart. Perhaps it's wackier, but this one is way more challenging musically. There are no typical song structures and the vocal melodies are all very awkward and sometimes nonexistent, which isn't necessarily a good thing of course. Imo Medulla is much better, it's more focused and her melodies are all great.

>but this one is way more challenging musically.
its been out less than a week. how do u know its more challenging with your inexperienced opinion

>björk album is divisive
Surprise surprise

I, for one, really liked it. I liked pretty much every track on it, tho it was a bit long. regardless, i think that it's overall one of the best things she's done.

>Is she trying to sound bad for the sake of it?
hey i didn't think it sounded bad at all. it was interesting, and it took a couple of listens to grow on me, but in the end i really enjoyed it. some very emotional moments too in various ways.

damn lol, maybe you should have known what it sounded like first. it's actually a great album if you have the right state of mind
related: what are your favourite albums to listen to whilst on shrooms. gonna do some this weekend.

Ancestors is one of the most emotional songs she's done. brought me to tears once.
a lot can be conveyed with just sounds

>Should she return to a more approachable pop sound?
No we have enough of that music in the world already (although, to be fair, there's not much pop music entirely similar to debut and post)
I personally prefer her going more and more experimental.

>its been out less than a week
It's not even been out yet

This. Even if the experiments fail, it's much more interesting to wait for and listen to.

I too have actually found drugs as a good way to assess how good music is.

>2015
>bjork releases vulnicura
>everyone goes apeshit over it
>2 months later
>bjork is forgotten again
is she the most forgettable artist on current mainstream?

>2017
>kendrick lamar releases damn
>2 months later
>kendrick is forgotten again