You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the world top ten

You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the world top ten.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sk2kUd0k7QA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Nakamura will never be successful against Carlsen

is Kramnik better than Carlsen?

/asp/
/tg/

He won a game last year.
Their later encounters have been heavily in the Norwegian's favour, but if Kramnik is in form and Carlsen is not, Kramnik is better. He might be the active player with the deepest understanding of the game.

>the city of Anand

>47 years old
>still more than 200 points higher rated than the best Australian player
>said player is named Zong-Yuan Zhao

> Carlsen keeps dropping in ELO

Soon Dopeway will have no sports heroes to be proud of

is Topalov still alive even

Carlsen is still the #1 on the rating list, and will remain World Champion for a long time.

#16, 2749. He has been worse, but he's no longer taking chess as seriously as he used to.

Wow, those traditional American names sure are strange...

Kramnik being at 2 at his age is more impressive than Carlsen being at 1. Fact.

lmao he wouldn't be the world champion now if he didn't get lucky

karjakin already had him beat

stopped giving a fuck about chess after all the bullshit rigging and doping scandals. gtfo back to

Post Carlsen's hot sister.

I agree.
There is no random chance in chess.

Magnus Carlsen has three sisters.

There is no random chance in football but you're still lucky if your opponent misses an empty net from the goal line.

There's only one cute one.

Finland is a non-country in chess in particular and sports in general. Deal with it.

Which one of them do you mean?

sad!

Will fabiano caruana ever become the GOAT?

kramnik at 2, and he was thinking of quitting 5 years ago

On the bright side of things, Ivan Cheparinov seems to be climbing into the 2700 club again.
Possibly.
I hope he improves or maintains his rating to the point where he qualifies for the Candidates. There are only two rating spots, for which Kramnik, So and Caruana are the only realistic candidates.

>Cheparinov
had no idea who this lad is, but nigga looks like the nerd version of Klitschko, kek

If I'm not mistaken, he has been as high as 2713 before, but he has been up and down the last few years.

Do they ever televise these matches? I wanna drink and watch chess

What happened to anand (sp?) I cant imagine your chess ability falls off drastically at his age

Yes. In fact, chess has become one of the more important TV sports in Norway. For english-speaking audiences, tournaments and matches are commonly streamed with a pair of commentators, where one or both is a strong GM. Later today, the fourth round of Norway Chess will be played.

good, its nice to see that there are still young talents, i didnt know that anyone from the younger generation gives a fuck about chess after Topalov(who was still born during the gommie times)

He lost a game to Kramnik and dropped to #11.

Far left

What season is the world championship in? Feels like it should be soon

He's 30. Not old by any standards, but not young either. As a matter of fact, Bulgaria's chess elite is pretty old as a whole. Kiril Georgiev, your #3, is already past 50.
Every other year, normally late in even-numbered years. 2013 was an exception.

Aren't you tired of spamming this shit?

Aren't you excited for Aronian - Carlsen today?

I think that's his dad and not his sister

>Giri 12th
reeee stupid cunt

>carlshit

wei yi is coming for him

>peaked in 2017
Coming for Carlsen
>peaked in 2016
Might be coming for Carlsen
>peaked in 2015
Would be coming for Carlsen if he was more consistent
>peaked in 2014
Rightful World Champion, might be Carlsen himself
>peaked in 2012
Definitely not coming for Carlsen
>peaked in 2011
Carlsen came for him
>peaked in 2008
Coming for Carlsen in shorter time controls only
>peaked in 2000
Coming for Putin
>peaked in 1994
Based Karpov
>peaked in 1972
Deceased

>not on this list
Not coming for Carlsen (sorry, Karjakin)

For those who wish to watch the stream, here is the link.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sk2kUd0k7QA

can he stop carl the cuck?

He's not even the most dangerous Chinese player. Ding Liren seems to have excellent chances to qualify for the Candidates Tournament, while Wei Yi has yet to achieve anything in the WC cycle. Unless the organizer decides to award him the wild card, I don't see him as a threat to Carlsen's dominance. There are many other players who are more dangerous, such as So and Caruana.

really makes you think

Classical chess is a solved drawfest anyway, rapid and blitz is where it's at.

Not bullet though, bullet is gay.

I disagree about classical chess. Amazing games are produced on a regular basis, such as Kramnik's rook sacrifice against Harikrishna earlier this year.

I do agree about bullet.

How has Aronian been doing lately? I think his rank went down since the last time I saw your chess general, but not sure.

He recently won the Grenke Chess Classic very convincingly, ahead of players such as Carlsen, Caruana and Vachier-Lagrave.

Nakamura beat Vachier-Lagrave. White is better in every game.

i don't follow the chess, but are slavs still the best at this game?
this is first good norwegian?

Wei Yi is 10 years younger

if you think bullet is shit, try armageddon, fucking 10 second matches