youtube.com/watch?v=BSDyAKUjbWE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not the best but it's up there

SLICK RICK SAID

CUZ SHIT'S DEEPER THAN THA BLOOD AHM SUBMERGED IN

BLACK CHECKERED FLOOR WITH THA RED VELVET CURTAIN

Running the game, swinging them thangs
I'm already dead, I'mma make you the same

That album art is so fucking hard to look at.

Dat beat switch on lung pollution mmmm

Not even Ugly Mane's best work

never listened to this character, I tried to avoid all the Lil guys. guessing hes worth a shot?

he's the best lil guy, genuinely one of the most interesting contemporary producers

Well, the thing about Lil Ugly Mane is that it's a character, it's a parody, a caricature. It's not serious whatsoever. Although, some of his other work still has the LUM name but isn't the same at all, really. Definitely worth checking out at the very least.

so what does the album cover even mean?

agreed

Everytime I hear this album and reaffirm its status as the GOAT, I always lol (laugh out loud), knowing that the greatest rap album of all time is a young white guy who made an ironic satire of the primitive negroid's idealistic conception of high art.

>Bitch I'm lugubrious, my trap game the stupidest
>You acting like I'm new to this
>I been sick since the uterus

what did he mean by this?

>implying this isn't a profound metaphorical expression of LIL UGLY MANE's inner consciousness, a lamentation of existential nihilism at the collapse of european civilization. A mockery of the savage beasts snarling at the civilised white man.
Lil Ugly Mane comes to the conclusion there's no getting off this wild ride. In a state of complete despondency allows the infection to saturate his inner self. And in doing so, effortlessly reflects back at the world, at the fucking nigger ape savages, a display of complete mockery of their supposed humanistic value.

Can I listen to Third Side of Tape without having listened to the first two?

UGLY STAY ROUGHER THAN THE TEXTURE
IF YOU PLAYAS WANT THAT FUNK, IM THE FLY SHIT EXPERT

he doesn't even look like a stereotypical Lil guy let alone sound like one. He looks like a sheltered Eminem. He doesn't make mumble rap if that's what you're wondering, he's more experimental.

What are some experimental rap artists like Travis? Not so experimental but I also like Denzel Curry.

UM UM WELL EXCUSE ME

Not only do I think that's a stretch and a half, you've obviously never listened to someone like Public Enemy or Mos Def

>I started listening to hip hop in 2011; the post

Both really fucking good. Caught me up on Oblivion Access how he sounds a little like El-P occasionally though.

He is obviously an underage Sup Forumstard

not an argument

Used to think that at first, but it really grows on you.

yeah, third side is completely different from one and two imo

i prefer one and two though

stfu, you dont even know what youre talking about

some of it his joking around but its not a parody mate, this isnt weird al yankovic for 36 mafia fans

please kill yourself

Have a palette cleanser
yvettesbridalformal.p1r8.net/

He's not very good. Uneven compromise is listenable tho

I like to think of him as the digital age David Bowie. So much similarities.

This is the post that made me leave Sup Forums

>weird al yankovic for 36 mafia fans
$uicideboy$?

Lil Ugly Mane is leagues ahead of any other rapper to have Lil in their name. Mista Thug Isolation is one of the best hip hop albums this decade.

i need this album can someone post a link?

OP I want you to be honest with me for a second.
How much hip hop have you actually listened to?

The collection of singles by the artist GROSS are by far the best hiphop ive ever heard. I can only find it in his website grossusa.com

>yvettesbridalformal.p1r8.net/
WTF IS THIS i clicked it and it autodownloaded a midi file to my computer. i don't want to open it but i'm also curious as fuck

>all these gullibletards responding to the most obvious bait ever

i don't think there's supposed to be any real meaning, it's just mocking edgy pen & pixel album covers.

but maybe its something about this skeleton dude having money and shit but still feeling empty and alone and seeing the world as a sad place

>mocking
be careful

Lil Ugly Mane is literally Three 6 Mafia for soybois

ugly mane is literally the only rapman I like

he’s cool as fuck desu

elaborate

three 6 is what soyboys listen to to try and impress black people even though no black person I’ve ever met even likes them

soyboys probably think lum is ””””””appropriating””””””

Should I drop $45 on the vinyl reissue of this?

As if it isn't obviously It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold us Back or Paul's Botique, and I'm not even your dad.

any rapper making a twin peaks reference they're about to be my favorite

>doing mental gymnastics to validate your white boi rapper
pathetic
also who cares about what niggers think about three 6

travis loves and respects hip hop. LUM is meant to be an earnest homage to the classic stuff, not just some joke making fun of it. he says so himself in prelude to panopticon

three 6 is as nigger as it gets you soyboy cornball

>hip hop for suburban white high schoolers is the greatest from the genre
heh

this

lrn2 pastiche, nerds

i get that the music is a genuine homage to the genre, but i think that the album cover is intentionally silly and without meaning. maybe 'mock' was the wrong word, more liek a 'deconstruction'

I don't think the shitty numale v2 arguing is worth shit, but NOD is like an alternate universe version of Gravediggaz except they've done every crime they mention in their songs, occult related or not, mixed with a large dosage of dungeon synth, further confirming the fact that Memphis rap is the black metal of hip hop

explain this

his name is big bear, and he is a gangster who prefers the finer things in life. on this album cover he is hanging out with real big bears who are also gangsters and enjoy high-class living.

same concept as pic related: play off the album cover/artist name and make them look cool and gangster

>further confirming the fact that Memphis rap is the black metal of hip hop
exactly, the two genres have a lot in common
also, listening to NOD feels like playing pokemon while drinking cough syrup, it's pretty surreal how they mix lyrics about chopping some nigga's head off with dreamy synths.
youtube.com/watch?v=BSDyAKUjbWE

so what if ugly mane likes graveyards, piles of money and crying children?

i mean i guess my initial interpretaiton of it still holds with my guidelines: he's an isolated skeleton, and is a gangster therefore has money and maybe an ipad

i thought it was generally accepted that notm was the best rap album

This

i like that interpretation

now does koopsta have the ability to control electricity and also possesses an army of clones wearing powdered wigs?

i think those are like the subjects of hell, and he is the devil, or like the devil's homie, and they are at the playground doing weird hell shit with electric powers and shit

Close

That's not Yeezus nigga. Go be a faggot somewhere else OP.

Milo

nah but its top 10 easy

These albums are great but it's some real surface level shit, there's a lot more Memphis rap that's better than three 6

um, try again sweaty

a r c h i v e

but it works so well
i really hate people who call anything "it's so bad it's good", but it really works here since the whole album is a celebration of the memphis rap scene, which could get really goofy sometimes
he's re-issued it with this cover, but i think it looks too black metal and too dark. it misses the point.