What do you guys think of each other...

What do you guys think of each other? Is there a realistic chance that there could be a freedom of movement agreement between CANZUK countries in the future?

Reposted because the last one was at 1 am and only got 8 replies.

Other urls found in this thread:

immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/united-kingdom-working-holiday-visa
youtube.com/watch?v=FoZARwTRZ1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The five of us will combine under one flag, and we will conquer the world.

>because the last one was at 1 am and only got 8 replies
it got just 8 replies because the thread was a boring shit just like this one

Fuck everyone

>free movement
if that happened we'd have brain drain on a scale never seen before, it's bad enough now with immigrating to the Anglosphere harder than it's ever been

How come? I'd assume with your prestgious universities that if anything, brain drain would happen to the other countries.

Yeah I don't know why people from Europe or America would move here, the economy is shit and cost of living high as fuck, and the weather is brutal half the year

higher wages and bigger houses desu (and in the case of Australia, better weather)

fuck the world, we should build a wall and just ignore everyone else.

>What do you guys think of each other?

I unironically like all of these countries, but I've only been to England and N. Ireland.

>Is there a realistic chance that there could be a freedom of movement agreement between CANZUK countries in the future?

I wouldn't say so. The political will isn't there, and it's not seen as a priority for most people. That being said, most people do support it when asked the question.

Dismissive to New Zealand, view Canada as an extension of America, generally like England but get very angry if someone says we're English
We already have free movement with NZ, don't ever see that expanding

There's like, one remotely techy city in Canada, and that's Montreal. I've never even heard of one in Australia.

I really doubt anyone would bother moving out of the UK for Canada except for bigger houses, and they're not going to get that in Montreal.

The British are pretty much the only ones who would really care since it lets them live out their empire 2.0 fantasy. CANZUK is so far away from each other that "freedom of movement" becomes kinda meaningless. For people who want to emigrate it'll make that once-in-a-lifetime step a bit easier, but that's about it. Nobody's going to be commuting or doing frequent work travel between the UK and NZ the same way they would between the UK and Ireland for example.

Sadly it'll probably never happen.

NZ in particular is fucking killing me.
>want to move there
>have to have a skilled job paying $55k from an accredited employer and even then might get cunted out of permanent residence.

Canada appears slightly laxer on immigration laws, but I can't pretend I'm not incredibly angry that white skin and a British passport aren't the only things necessary for permanent residence. (iirc for NZ in particular, until 1974 they basically were.)

>one remotely techy city in Canada, and that's Montreal
Where do Americans get this shit?

It bothers me when I think how many absurd rights and privileges Aussies/Kiwis/Canucks get here, but it's pointless getting wound up over it.

Considering how your cunt treats the White Commonwealth citizens now there's no point in giving you special treatment anyways.

>tfw unloved

What fucking planet are you living on? You can literally vote in all our elections without even being a citizen

Stop pretending to be Germans

Have never once claimed to be German. In fact, I hate Germany and I hate Germans.

> how many absurd rights and privileges Aussies/Kiwis/Canucks get here

I wish. We still have the archaic right to vote if we are resident in the UK, and those lucky enough to have a grandparent can get in on the two year visa scheme, but in most circumstances we're considered just the same as any other non EU citizen.

Ask yourself why there are only 50,000 or so of us in the UK, while there are over 250,000 of you here. It has long been far easier for Brits to move here.

>can't join the British Army
>he thinks this commonwealth citizen thing applies to people born in the last 30 years
>The privilege of waiting in line at the airport with the Aussies and Kiwis while the Angolans with Portuguese citizenship cruise through the EU line

Canada is a British scheme to stop us from accessing the arctic.
Good thing Russia sold Alaska to us.

Compare this

With this

THIS. I have no idea what planet Brits are on if they somehow think we have it easy getting into the motherland. London would be 10% Kiwi if it was anywhere near as easy as he implies it is.

> Lee, Wong, Kim
Hawaii is truly Anglo

Probably just WE WUZ shit because they had one German great grandfather

In fairness to the Germanic Larpers, a whole host of German surnames were Anglified during the 1st World War. Miller in particular was taken from Müller.

English as an identity died in America after the revolution. People became American after that. Then people started LARPing as some random little bit of their ancestry because it's more interesting.

My grandfather was Wilhelm Schmidt before WW2 and became William Smith

Yes the Germans are quite sneaky

Freedom of movement with the US/Canada will happen before that.

>Ask yourself why there are only 50,000 or so of us in the UK, while there are over 250,000 of you here.
That's about ~1% of NZ proportionally but 0.35% of the UK... I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong, but I know of several clauses and preferences in the UK (however small or archaic) while I don't know of any for us with regards to Canada, Australia or New Zealand.

we used to literally pay people from England to move to Australia

Well the easiest way is to get on a working holiday vsia. We have a specific one for citizens of the UK to come here for 12 months. Afterwards, if you gain sponsorship by an employer or are sufficiently skilled, you can gain residence

immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/united-kingdom-working-holiday-visa

Fuck that, we already have more than enough uppity Poms and Poo Peelanders as it is

>Poo Peelanders
Never fails to make me laugh

we already have free movement with PP mate

Yes, but you cannot stop us. We will turn your nation into our lavatory, and soon enough the MCG will be exclusively filled with Black Caps supporters.

I know but I meant more current day, there used to be a lot more rights here as well, in fact people could come and go from here freely and had the same rights as someone born here.
Fair enough, I didn't know as much about NZ, from what I remember Aus and Canada are just a less restrictive US and they have no special preferences though.

hope they get a better show than usual
youtube.com/watch?v=FoZARwTRZ1o

No offence meant but I wouldn't trust Americans to report something like this

>mfw I'm applying for a job in AUSTRALIA and it asks me if am an Australian or NEW ZEALAND citzen
WE"RE FUCKING FULL!!!

Why do so many of you guys want to come here anyway?

I mean, your country seems to be amongst the most neoliberal on earth, but still. It's pretty and empty and seems to have brighter future prospects.

Because wages are higher for skilled jobs, and there is a more diverse career field. It's the same reason why we move to Australia.

We also have romantic connotations of Britain being our homeland, and a lot of us like myself have family over there.

>Is there a realistic chance that there could be a freedom of movement agreement between CANZUK countries in the future?
no but i'd be fine with it