Why do other countries associate us with cowboys...

Why do other countries associate us with cowboys? Cowboys made up a tiny portion of the population in a few states over a hundred years ago, and are partly Mexican in origin.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-qA7GDkKZJk
youtu.be/mwtfAHyVZSo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Western movies

Wild Arms and Back to the Future 3.

I might be wrong but I have the suspicion it's one of those things that only Americans think foreigners think about them.
Also the word "Yankee", the meaning of which always escaped me.

But American movies have quite a number of foreigners aggressively coming up to Americans associating them with cowboys and calling them Yankees.

The United States for us is always the post 1945 United States, hegemonic, aggressive, ultra-rich, and source of all that is on our TV screens.

I remember I did some stereotypical generic Eurotrash criticism on America's love for guns in front of a Canadian girl and she said "haha they're like cowboys right? Pew pew!"
Who the fuck cares about cowboys.

Although at this point this trope is so widespread that maybe other countries HAVE started associating Americans with cowboys.

Looks like I'm going to delete another thing from my favorite murican things list.
Most likely this, be it because of the hollywood western or spaghetti western.

>Why does everyone associate my country with a group of people who were a tiny portion of the population?

Literally anyone can make this complaint. Is this your first time realizing what a stereotype is?

What else do you prefer to be associated with, sharting walmart scooter-ridering hambeasts?
Cowboys and gunslingers are a rad meme. Appreciate it.

*riding

Don't worry burger, we're the last gen to do it.
The next, when thinking about americans, will associate you with brown people eating tacos and wearing large sombreros.

Yeah, instead of cowboys you should be ghetto niggers or morbidly obese manchildren

Yeah no idea why
Cowboys are originally from the Spanish colonies in the Americas not the USA

No one ever associates cowboys with Americans

The common conception of an American here is someone that's fat and stupid

loool

You misspelled obesity

>it's another let's bully america thread

You can take it because you're the best

This
the cowboy image is long dead

Cowboys? More like fatsos on scooters

IRL cowboys in the Old West lived a pretty miserable life with nothing but hard work and little to do in their spare time except drink. It was a racially inclusive profession, they were white, black, Indian, and Mexican.

Why do other countries associate us with vikings? Vikings made up a tiny portion of the population in a few counties over a thousand years ago, and are partly western in origin.

If you weren't Vikings then what were you?

my dream was to live like those guys from the movie brokeback mountain

Been waiting for someone to post this
*unsheathes gif*

cowboys are the lite version of other western stuff. nobody really finds it cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=-qA7GDkKZJk

Kings

lol homo

Most of those posting under the US flag on Sup Forums, are self-hating whites and millennial progressives of the following type:

youtu.be/mwtfAHyVZSo

They desire the transformation of the United States into a non-white country, and are actively leading the charge to turn it more diverse and multicultural, while marginalizing the white males and reducing their social and economic power. Many of them are members of Antifa, and all of them fully support the protests taking place on college campuses, where they receive their liberal arts degrees.

They despise the cowboy and the frontier image, which they regard as expressions of American manifest destiny imperialism and Indian genocide, and are attempting to redefine the cowboy as either homosexual or black/latino, instead of the traditional view as an epitome of white American masculinity, which they lack

Welcome to adulthood.

This post really made me laugh, 10/10 Juan.

>check flag
>it's not an American
wtf, forget you read "Juan"

Yankee is an old British term derogatory term for an American which goes back to the days when we conquered the Dutch colonies in the Americas.

Jan Key is like Tommy Smith or John Doe for the Dutch, and its essentially picking at the Americans for being Anglophile Dutchmen.

Made famous by the song.

>Why do other countries associate us with cowboys? Cowboys made up a tiny portion of the population in a few states over a hundred years ago

Cockneys make up a small population of one area of the capital spanning about 2 miles.