Hardcore

Anyone here listen to hardcore? Goes to shows? Involved in their local scene? I've been into it since I was a kid. This is coming to my area and I've already got my tickets.im most stoked to see Terror. I've seen em like 10 times but they put on one of the best shows I've ever seen despite Scott being like 45 years old. Fire and Ice and Xibalba are gonna be sick too.

Other urls found in this thread:

humangarbagesfv.bandcamp.com/album/promo-2016
youtube.com/watch?v=qGeMpqGi454
youtube.com/watch?v=nlk9PoUZIgE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Taking time to bump with pics cause I'm curious to see what Sup Forums thinks

this shit seems even cringier than rap

DESTROY EVERYTHING
DESTROY EVERYTHING
DESTROY EVERYTHING
DESTROY EVERYTHING

If you're over the age of 15 and listen to/like Hatebreed still then please better yourself and grow up

If you're over the age of 15 and listen to/like any of the numale Sup Forumscore albums still then please better yourself and grow up

What's cringey about it? I've met alot of good friends and had the time of my life at these shows. The energy of the music brings all these cool people together in a really cool way

Way to cherry pick on their discography there bud. I'll admit that song is lame but they've got tons of empowering heavy stuff. Shouldn't you be listening to sunO)))) or something?

I used to be big into hardcore but not as much these days, although I still revisit some classics. I used to go to a lot of shows and I guess was part of the scene (I always had a few friends in local bands, some actually made some progress).

Champion, Bane, 108, Integrity, American Nightmare/Give Up the Ghost, Gorilla Biscuits were some of my favorites. I liked a lot of the youth crew, Boston, and some of the better metal influenced acts the most. Those are just examples off the top of my head, there are many more bands I listened to I just forget after all these years.

That's cool man. I fuckin love champion and I've seen Bane a few times. You hear the new integrity album? I wouldn't even say its hardcore or metalcore but it's really good
>Pic related

humangarbagesfv.bandcamp.com/album/promo-2016

I haven't. I wasn't sure if Integrity would be considered hardcore, or what they exactly are to be honest. I know they were popular in that scene and you probably knew who they were though.

I should check it out, it's been a while. I'm more familiar with their older albums (first 5, and probably up until their first Deathwish release although those are harder to remember). After ten years or more it's hard to remember a lot of the details.

It's nice to see someone post about some "real" hardcore bands instead of deathcore/shitty metalcore as much as I hate to sound that pretentious, you probably get the gist. I feel a lot of people probably confuse the genre with bands like Attack Attack and shit like that when it's far different, at least to me.

Yo this shit fucking rips. Thanks for sharing that. I've heard there name floating around LA for a minute I'll be sure to see em the next chance I get

Yeah it's pretty different from anything they've done but it's great.

I feel you dude. There's nothing more cringe when you're talking to someone who says they love hardcore and goes on to say A Day to Remember is the best HC band lol

Finally a proper fucking hardcore thread.

I'm so sick of pussies on this board posting the same Minor Threat album whenever someone asks for recs.

Shitty watered down SJW thrash metal, is what most of this sounds like.

This album is the fucking BIBLE

Have you really ever listened to it? This comparison makes no fucking sense. Only one crossover album has been posted here and pretty much all past and contemporary thrash bands respect the cro mags. Also kill yourself

have you checked out Primal Rite out of San Francisco? Crossover/Japanese hardcore band; they've got a record coming out on Revelation in January. They'll prob get to Knocked Loose's level if not higher

I think I've heard of them. Don't they have a chick singer?

Nvm I was thinking of a different band. Just checked em out. I think they're pretty good. Much better than knocked loose imo. I could never fuck with that band

yup. The rest of the band is ex-scalped, if you're into them.

Have you heard the new backtrack record? That shit rips too. Same with the gatecreeper 7"

what scene do you come from? I'm from Baltimore so I'm all about Pop Wig shit...that new-ish band Queensway are sick too

Yeah that backtrack LP was pretty great. Nothing reinventing the wheel for them but a solid release. I'm from So Cal. I grew up in Riverside County and now I live in Orange county so I basically get to do the LA and San Diego scenes. LA is much more active tho.

Recently I've been listening to a local SxE band called Dare and ive been loving Forced order and Fire and Ice.

It's funny that you say that about Pop Wig. I used to love TUI and angel du$t and turnstile. But it seems like ever since they got on that label their music has gone into this weird positive hipster direction that I don't like at all. Which sucks cause TUI was one of my fav bands

>Metal

youtube.com/watch?v=qGeMpqGi454

Hatebreed originally was a metalcore band. Now they're pretty much metal but that doesn't exclude them from the scene. If you go to a hatebreed show today it won't be a bunch of dudes with log hair and patched denim vests. Yo see a bunch of kids with crew cuts and Nike flex runs and hardcore band shirts

Long*

Why do most hc bands sound like they read the same "how to write heavy music" book but stopped reading at palm mutes?

I feel like you've listened to a few songs from one HC band to form this narrow opinion

>jock hardcore
lol
infest is nice though

Some jock hardcore is actually pretty good.

I fucking LOVE hardcore.
But I fucking HATE hardcore kids.
Hardcore kids are the most obnoxious, awful dickheads ever, it makes going to hardcore shows such a chore so I just avoid them.

People who use the term "jock hardcore" are cancer. Get over yourself no one cares if you don't like the "tuff guys" in the pit alot of those bands are solid as fuck

That's not hardcore.
That's a second rate Metallica rip off!

Pic posted is HARDCORE!
With the exception of Kraut, Urban Waste, the first Beastie Boys e.p., The Young and The Useless, Murphy's Law, False Prophets, Armed Citizens, and early Cause for Alarm before they went all Hairy Crispy Nuts, New York "Hardcore" basically SUCKS! (Yeah, and the same goes for fucking Agnostic Front too!)

What experiences led you to this conclusion ? I feel like I didn't really get into HC until I went to shows then it all made sense to me. Like I love listening to records but I always do with the frame of mind that " this would be sick live"

Garbage bait, apply yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=nlk9PoUZIgE

What do you guys think of this?

nah it's boring beatdown trash

HC wouldn't be around today if it wasn't for NYHC. What you got against AF and Madball and Leeway and crossover in general? Do you hate DRI too? I mean I like HC punk too but I feel like you're splitting hairs with what is and isn't hardcore.

And how is Age of Quarrel a Metallica rip off? Are you dead and can't hear the massive amount of punk influence in that record?

What a convincing argument completely based on subjective point. Not emotionally charged at all?

It's a little bit too all over the place for my taste but it's alright

how old are you

different person, but hardcore shows are embarrassing. The crowd not the music. Everyone just wearing skate highs, with their fanny packs and saying"woo" during breakdowns. It's corny, it wouldn't be so bad if generally speaking they wernt full of themselves but nah all think they are the shit.

I know a lot of people into hardcore, and they're just insufferable people for the most part.
I fucking hate this whole "crowdkilling" bullshit... when I go to a hardcore kid I want to concentrate on the music/band, and not on some next level cunt next to me flailing his arms and legs about like he's having a fight with air.

>beatdown
Beatdown is pretty gay but there's lots of good tuffguy hardcore

How new are you

Sounds like a Turnstile show, and Turnstile eats condoms