Does an artist's personal views or politics affect your enjoyment of their music?

Does an artist's personal views or politics affect your enjoyment of their music?

Sup Forums spamming this threads about politics annoys me greatly

>tfw hard leftist who's favorite genres are black metal and generally nazi-leaning post-industrial stuff
No, but it still gets at me sometimes. Feels like I should be a hardcore bro.

Yes

No

Not really, unless it's the focus of the music in which case it might.

I just started listening to The Smiths yesterday

no and if it does for you then you should highly consider suicide

Holy shit, first time I read the interview and what he says is actually profound. But no wonder it makes limp wristed """journalists""" clutch their pearls. Spiegel went from a respectable center-right magazine to absolute trash, their youth magazine is a full blown Tumblr blog.

no
because there are no radcen artists I can relate to

no

Only if you're a numale you care for artist's political views

Which ablbums tbqh

And ur opinion

depends what kind of music they make

if the music they make is supposed to be related to their personal views, then yes.

if the music they make isn't particularly supposed to have a message of any type, then no.

which is funny considering /ourguy/ threads get bumped all the time. does this mean that Sup Forums is filled with nu-males?

Nope.
Sup Forums does this shit on every forum.

then they should fuck off back to Sup Forums

s/t, meat is murder and tqid. Good stuff desu.
Well I Wonder is my favorite song by them so far.

Maybe a little bit but generally my attitude is I don't care. It would be another thing if the artist(s) specifically told me I wasn't allowed to enjoy their music because of their politics.

A few people have gone full-retard and done just that based on single political issues. It's one thing to have an ideological stance and talk about what you genuinely believe, and it's another to single people out on certain hot-topic divisive issues and vilify or attack people on a personal level.

It's worse in that context music isn't explicitly political. To tell the truth if there was an artist who makes music I like, but for whatever reason want to vilify and attack me personally because they're extremely anti-gun I'd think twice before supporting them financially or word of mouth but that's just me.

yea, with some artists. if the artists as a person is the face of the music then its very important. im not going to listen to a full blown nazi sing about his personal problems, get fucked. same thing with morrissey. he's too much "the face" of the smiths to seperate him from the art. i dont want to listen to somebody i hate tell me his problems, get fucked - i dont care. on the other hand there is some music where i dont even know how the artists behind it look like, where the art is really standing on its own. art where the music isnt about an individual but about something much bigger. if this is the case i can really look away or not care about the political leanings of the artist. basically, if the art isn't too much about the artist behind it it doesn't matter much, if the art is all about the person behind it it matters.

i also have to wonder what kind of unemotinal, cold person you have to be to actually always be able seperate a person from its art. its only human to let feelings like these control you, fuck off with your fake rationalism.

Yes. I agree with Morrissey, and also liked his new album.

Sit down, this may come as a shock, but yes, it is filled with nu-males and soyboys

I think that anybody that uses nu-male and soyboy unironically is automatically one of them

It's just so effective --- I don't get it

Ayee

I listen to Napalm Death and Absurd so guess not

Never really had an issue with any artist or band coming from any politic view. Theres only been one band actually that affected my view of their music because of their political views, and that's The Knife. Seriously, they suck.

Makes me love Moz more desu