Best King Gizzard album this year so far?

Lets settle this:
strawpoll.com/pb969r4c

>maybe if we just play like the classics people will like us! oh, we'll also just shit music out like it's nothing, everyone loves a gimmick!

FMB > Poly > MHC > MOTU

MOTU is without a doubt the worst.

Poly = Sketches > FMB >>>>>> MOTU

I like their music :-) I have loved every album they have released this year, I'm sorry you don't get to enjoy this music

I love them all but if I had to rank em it'd be
Poly>MotU>FMB>Sketches

Poly > FMB > Sketches = MotU

what do you want, ambrose rapping over distorted post rock?

they'll probably do that eventually just be patient bby

Reddit-core

t. soyboy

anyone who doesn't like motu is a disgusting pleb and thats fact

your list could not get any worse

t. soyboy

i don't get this band.

seems like they are trying really fucking hard to make it seem like they aren't trying at all. all the material they put out year after year is impressive, but it is all so mediocre. maybe i'm just bitter and old, and this kind of group only speaks to teenagers, but the band seems to be mistaking quantity as quality...

anyone else with this feel?

just me?

nah you are right, none of these albums really wow me. Just muh sick riffs

Maybe they just make a lot of music and you just don't like how it sounds and that isn't actually some revealing hot take and garage rock has existed for over 50 years and isn't just a millenial thing. Anyone else with this feel?

what is that abomination of a sentence

t. soyboy

The Lord of Lightning vs Balrog part is amazing, although I think the spoken passages interrupt the music a little bit too much

hey you watched the fantano review too?

MoTU>>>>> everything else

>plebs not getting MOTU
Nonagon beats them all to a pulp anyway

>Sketches of Brunswick East is last
Patrician choice

correct answer

MOTU is indeed a great story, i don't know why people don't like it, probably the spoken word thing tires their untrained ears.

t. soyboy

MotU is definitely the worst, but the Han-Tyumi chapter is my favorite thing to come out of 2017. FMB is best record front-to-back tho.

FMB > Poly > Sketches = MOTU

Crumbling Castle is the best song they've put out this year though

t. soyboy

It wasn't as cleanly produced as Poly, it doesn't have as many "experimental" instruments, it's basically super heavy garage prog. Which is cool, but I would rate it a 10 instead of a 7 if a few things were different. Specifically I'll talk about Altered Beast since Lord of Lightning is already perfect and Han Tyumi would actually be worse with these changed.

>More "breaks" in the music, settling into a softer and more acoustic groove, maybe with some microtones
>Put the spoken word over those breaks instead of over blood pumping riffs
>Cleaner, less noisy production like Poly

Fuck it, actually, replace Altered Beast with Inner Cell / Loyalty / Horology. Album is a 10.

>Put the spoken word over those breaks instead of over blood pumping riffs

I agree with you on this one 100%

FMB > Poly > MoTU > SoBU

MoTU has some of the best music but it fails to be memorable because the story draws too much focus away from it. Poly and Sketches have great atmosphere but get lost meandering at times. Banana has best balance of captivation and aesthetic.

They've explained the five album "gimmick". After pouring all their energy into Nonagon, the members were burnt out and went their separate ways for a while. When they regrouped, each member brought with them new tracks they had been working on, but when they tried to fit them together, it didn't feel right or work as a cohesive album. So they decided to build new material around the songs, which happened to amount to five albums worth of material.

Sorry you're so butt blasted by their productivity

They're not a band for me either, but now that you mention it aren't they just a shit version of Thee Oh Sees?

Chapter 3 of MOTU > Poly > FMB > Sketches > Rest of MOTU

I can only agree with you one some of the lower tier albums this year.

While oh sees were doing somwhat bland stuff like floating coffin, and carrison crawler, king gizz did mind fuzz, quarters and that one cowboy album thing.

/thread

poly = aoty

aoty ylop

Is something wrong with my copy of nonagon or is it supposed to be this fuzzy/staticy

It worked really well at some points. It always ticked me off that "Come hither my friend, my stomach is rumbling" wasn't a half second earlier, but its one of my favorite moments in the album.

Yall are lying to yourselves sketches was the best by FAR

Sketches was great, but crumbling castles and Han-Tyumi are better than anything on there