Who started this soundcloud rap genre?

Who started this soundcloud rap genre?

All of them. They literally came up on the same time but i think xxxtentacion might be the one imo

xxxtentacion came pretty late tho

I think that Lil B was truly ground zero for this stuff although he obviously was doing it for the meme. Current soundcloud rappers are just a natural evolution of taking mediocrity seriously

Literally none of them, soundcloud rappers were a hit after the platform gained traction, they just never gained too much popularity because they were literally "soundcloud rappers" the rappers you posted are fully part of a mainstream audience

yung lean

soundcloud, i think

This

pump

Chief Keef

These
Too mainstream

spaceghostpurrp

lil boat

Yung Lean and Bones and they happen to be the better musicians out of everyone that came from that platform

Lil B

>could make millions off of being a shitty memerapper
>have dignity

Lil B, Soulja Boi, and Yung Lean mostly. But the datpiff mixtape culture did more as a whole than any 1 artist

how can a platform to release music be a genre?

he popped on youtube

pretty much this

Pretty much these

not so much an entire distinct genre, but mixtapes on datpiff had similar features back in the early 00s, now soundcloud has a distinct culture and sound. they have alwyas been terrible "underground" platforms

Literally the godfather of soundcloud rap even though those retards somehow never understood he was doing it as a joke.
Keef is like the godfather of this shit everyone bites his melodic trap sound now.

SESHOLLOWATERBOYZ unironically

Bones layed down the ground work for most of these shitty artists today. Lil Peep and xxxtectacion is basically a garbage version of Bones

this, Bones fathered these children

(you)

Yeah and ICP layed the groundwork for bones lol

it was most of the 2016 xxl freshman list that was born from soundcloud and gained mainstream status.
>yachty
>uzi
>21
>kodak
>desiigner
>denzel curry
a lot of the ones that are famous now (pump, xxx, dex, smokepurpp etc.) have been at it as long as the ones listed, but didnt blow up until the whole platform did so the list are pioneers

this right here. Pioneered this nautical bullsheet

Chief keef

here's your (you) lol

Lil B + Xavier Wulf + Bones + Yung Lean

Mixed origins.

>Too mainstream.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

xavier wulf and bones were the first to actually have a real following pretty much exclusively from soundcloud, anything else is wrong

Yachty and Kodak were the first to blow up

Chief Keef isn't mainstream? Fuck outta here son look at the features on his first album.

Spaceghostpurrp is the only reason any of those guys exist, with the Memphis revival. Fuck you if you think Bones has any inflhence. His entire sound and most of that “xotourlife” style is direct product of 808s and heartbreak.

this
and they're all better than this new wave of shit

>how can a platform to release music be a genre?

at a fundamental level, this is how music works.

I don't know but hopefully Xanax will end it.

that drug literally started it all in 2015 with Future dummy

Playboi Carti Spaceghostpurrp, & Yung Lean

Keef started the original fork in the road that later ended up with Soundcloud rap

>Keef was the fork in the road
>Yung Lean was one of the first with that internet gay aesthetic
>xxx came later and is the quintessential "soundcloud rapper", hyped himself via viral marketing and other gay shit (even did so on Sup Forums with daily threads)
>smokepurp a background filler soundcloud rapper
>pump probably the most popular soundcloud rapper
>peep probably the most original soundcloud rapper
>bobbyraps the most talented
>famous dex is the young thug of soundcloud rap,

Lil B and Yung Lean as far as I know, but I don't know much