Pop-Punk Thread? Pop-Punk Thread!

So, basically in this thread we talk about Pop-Punk (Blink-182, Sum 41, Simple Plan, MxPx, Neck Deep, etc...)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v3OdB43Kchs
youtube.com/watch?v=DD69fq8za64
mega.nz/#F!e9shQYpC!ZMOJvc6qeV7rzVYRwEz_kw
lilpeep.bandcamp.com/album/vertigo
youtube.com/watch?v=3XMPOmuJOUk
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZBj6BSj-eM
youtube.com/watch?v=qpqSQkQ8yeU
youtube.com/watch?v=d6dMUSY6LQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=eoZ1FAJ9fUA
youtube.com/watch?v=nVrVayeXzpo
youtube.com/watch?v=sc5iTNVEOAg
slotface.bandcamp.com/album/try-not-to-freak-out
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this is the only piece in the genre worth listening to

Boi

I love blink but everything post their self titled album has been shit save for a couple songs. Neighborhoods was bad but California was almost straight up unsalvageable

Anyone else enjoy Man Overboard?

youtube.com/watch?v=v3OdB43Kchs

>this is the only piece in the genre worth listening to
IDK user, i didn't liked the Guitar Player change actually, in my opinion Tom had better voice than Matt (At least before 2011)

Fuck Yea!

trash

Ok, this guy is me? ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=DD69fq8za64

Bitch Please

Saves The Day and Weston are both better than Jeff Rosenstock

>tfw they changed a lot of their old art

>weston
holy fuck. never thought id hear them mentioned on there.

Saves The Day wasn't Emo?

You could really classify them as Emo and Pop-Punk depending on which album, or even song, you're talking about. Through Being Cool is definitely pop punk though+

Weston is pretty underrated, even by people who don't think that pop punk is a joke

>Simple Plan

keyno

is this any good?

Ahh... that beautiful time when Fall Out Boy wasn't shameful

Kinda, Take This to Your Grave and From Under the Cork Tree are better

i like it but is right

I'll check it out then, I'll post their discog from the archive in case anyone else is curious
mega.nz/#F!e9shQYpC!ZMOJvc6qeV7rzVYRwEz_kw

y'all know lil peep made this genre right? his bandcamp material
lilpeep.bandcamp.com/album/vertigo
and songs he did with drip-133 are underrated

Take this to your grave is their best, I love the venom in the lyrics. Its so angry despite the tone of the songs. Just take the chorus of the albums opener.

Let’s play this game called “when you catch fire
I wouldn’t piss to put you out"
Stop burning bridges, and drive off of them
So I can forget about you
So bury me in memory
His smile’s your rope
So wrap it tight around your throat

Its kinda surreal when contrasted with the sugary tone of the album

YFW is like that too. I miss angsty pop punk.

>mfw "my pen is the barrel of the gun. Remind me which side you should be on"

I'm mainly into 2010's stuff like The Wonder Years and State Champs, but Somewhere on Fullerton by Allister is objectively the best pop punk song ever written.
youtube.com/watch?v=3XMPOmuJOUk

And given that people on Sup Forums would probably like the more punk side of pop punk than the sugary teenage angst crap that I like, listen to Direct Hit if you haven't.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ZBj6BSj-eM

I love most of what Jeff has done, but he's on a decline with this album

>tfw you post "mfw" but you haven't been on Sup Forums since you got your new computer a year ago and don't have a backstock of reaction images to post

just imagine something super emotional and angsty

jesus christ this post is fucking awful.
>likes new shit
>likes disney channel pop punk
>thinks its the best poop punk song ever

Not pop punk but the clean vocals always reminded me of pop punk
youtube.com/watch?v=qpqSQkQ8yeU

>actually being elitist about fucking pop punk

>thinking a song made for a disney skateboarding game is one of the best pop punk songs ever written

Its pop punk, the whole point of the genre is to be the soundtrack to skateboarding games.

Saw the wonder years and real friends in concert with my ex gf last year. they werent too bad.

whatever nig

You do not deserve to listen to pop punk

Please tell me what a true pop punk patrician listens to.

youtube.com/watch?v=d6dMUSY6LQ0

Generic Screeching Weasel clones?

sounds nothing like screeching weasel

Midwest Emo.

Sadly this

>people that unironically listen to Screeching Weasel have the gall to say Jeff Rosenstock is trash
The absolute state of this board.

If you include Get Up Kids in that category, then you're onto something.

fuck off and drink some pbr you hipster fucking faggot

Promise you'll put your skateboard down first.

FUCK YOU OLD MAN

>tfw when too poor anyways to not drink pbr and boxed wine
>tfw going out tomorrow to refill on natives

youtube.com/watch?v=eoZ1FAJ9fUA

posting the goat

self titled > pleasant dreams >pleasant dreams demos >rocket to russia
just my opinion of course

youtube.com/watch?v=nVrVayeXzpo
Is there a lot of overlap between pop-punk and emo?

>pop-punk

This is one of, if not the best album in pop-punk. Prove me wrong

Folie a Deux is Fall Out Boy's best album

Yes, but it shouldn't be too hard to distinguish

well it can be a little difficult sometimes, especially when you get into bands like Modern Baseball. Hell, I could see someone mistaking Sunny Day for pop punk

TWY is the most reddit band imagineable

pizzacore*

UhhhhhHHHhhh, no. wrong.
how do you figure?

The Wonder Years are a band that make amazing music, but are brought down by their shitty fanbase. Like Radiohead.

Never post this again

Take This to Your Grave is a pop punk masterpiece

the pop punk songs off Bleed American are top tier

The Story So Far is a revival band that brings back the anger and angst of bands such as Taking Back Sunday

The Promise Ring basically invented the emo pop punk sound that would hit the mainstream in the 2000s

S T O R M I N T O T H E P A R T Y L I K E M Y N A M E I S E L N I Ñ O

this is lit
youtube.com/watch?v=sc5iTNVEOAg

As a woman, it's so hard reading the comments every time accusations come out. You are all so into victim blaming and shaming and defending these people you don't even know personally because of their music. I get it, when you care for an artist and the work they produce and you find out they're potentially doing really horrendous shit, it hurts deep down and you don't want to believe it. Jesse Lacey was my own personal hero until a few weeks ago. Without a doubt, I would have committed suicide without TDAGARIM. When that record came out, I was 13 and in an extremely bad place mentally. I continued to turn to that album for comfort for years throughout my adolescence and early adulthood. Everyone keeps saying things like "innocent until proven guilty," but what do you actually think these people coming forward with accusations stand to gain from this all? Sexual abuse and violence is an incredible painful, traumatic thing and to have people in your community, this scene we are all apart of, rush to the defense of the artists involved is absolutely cowardly in my opinion. If you all want to continue supporting these artists in the privacy of your own homes, whatever that's your personal choice. But stop and think for a minute - isn't a little fucked that the lead singer of pinegrove literally made a statement today ADMITTING that he was using his status as a musician to coerce vulnerable women into having sex with him, and everyone in the thread was seemingly up in arms about how upset they were that he chose to cancel the tour? Seriously, what if someone you knew, like your sister or girlfriend or cousin or you get my fucking point was a victim in all of this? Just because these people write music that we all feel we can resonate with and relate to, it doesn't mean they are good people and maybe they shouldn't be given a platform and the power to do whatever the fuck they want anymore to their fans with no consequences.

r&i

bump

>pop punk sucks lol. my favorite bands? death grips, neutral milk hotel... the list goes on!

global rule 2

>As a woman
post tits and feet pls

you forgot a couple.

Is Joyce Manor the best modern pop punk band or is it PUP?

What's your pop-punk AOTY? Here's mine:

slotface.bandcamp.com/album/try-not-to-freak-out