Will this be the last great World Cup?

Will this be the last great World Cup?

>empty stadiums
>great World Cup

>world cup
>ever having empty stadiums

u wot m8

why do you think the stadiums will be empty?

does putin not allow you to go to stadiums anymore or something?

it doesn't even matter if russians go to the stadium, the world cup is filled with tourists and supporters of other countries anyway

half of the netherlands population would travel to it.
They just have to qualify

maybe some fans will be scared to go to russia desu

the country doesn't exactly have the best image in the world right now

2006 was the least great World Cup.

Remember the image Brazil had before the world cup? It was painted as a petri dish of deadly diseases and broad daylight crime by the media.

Brazilians actually care about football.

judging by Sochi and the scaremongering around it, people traveling to Russian events treat it like extreme tourism to check the media tales themselves.

it's your country's national sport as well

I was going to make a Pripyat tourism joke, but that isn't even Russia anymore. Well done getting rid of it.

Brazil and South Africa were even worse tho

Many people scared to go to russia due to media, russians not giving a shit about football and the fact that the WC tickets are crazy expensive.

it never was russia

it was the soviet union

*rolls eyes*

>russians not giving a shit about football

>The most popular sport in Russia is football [1] According to Yandex search analysis results rating of the most popular sports among Russians: "Football topped the list of the most popular sports in Russia" with 5 to 10 million requests. Ice hockey came in second with handball, basketball, boxing, auto racing, volleyball, athletics, tennis and chess rounding out the top ten rankings. Other popular sports include bandy, biathlon, figure skating, weightlifting, gymnastics, wrestling, martial arts, rugby union, and skiing.
>Football (also known as soccer) is the number one sport in the country.[4][5][6][7] A high proportion of men are interested in it to a certain extent (and many children play it regularly) and women also join men when it comes to the national team. The Russian league has a fairly high degree of competitiveness. Many notable talented foreign players have been and are playing in the Russian league as well as local talented players worthy of a spot in the starting eleven of the best clubs.

it's their most popular sport

football is the most popular sport in Russia and the WC tickets are always expensive

>it's their most popular sport
Still the stadiums are almost always empty

So? Most of the Brazil WC tickets were bought by foreigners and tourists.
Locals never do care about these events, they only care about scamming the tourists out of their money.

So? Same situation in Italy. The reason is not that football isn't popular, it's that people can't/don't want to pay the ticket prices.

This is the average attendance. Seems like yuropean average, Germany is just an exception.

Why are there so many self hating Russians on 4chinz? Is it because only libcucks can afford internet there?

it's already GOAT just for the sheer fact that it's gonna be in a civilized country for the first time in 12 years.

In Italy, football culture is centered around watching it at a cafe or at home with family and friends.

Doesn't help that most stadiums there haven't been renovated in like 50 years

>comparing чeмпиoнaтoв poccии attendances with World Cup attendances

>Russia
>civilized country
spotted the drumpfkin

That additionally, yes.

spotted the redditor

>Doesn't help that most stadiums there haven't been renovated in like 50 years
Our new stadiums still are pretty shit

>browses Sup Forums
>calls other people redditors

wtf, are those seats at least heavily reduced in price?

>>browses Sup Forums
kek, riled up quickly out of your hugbox, aren't you

No. Usually they don't sell tickets to these seats. And they will remove these things for the wc I think

>le trump boogeyman
>calling russia civilized means i voted for him.

1/10 bait cause i responded.
how the fuck would i not be glad that the wc is gonna be held in a first world country for the first time since i was a kid?
i'll actually be glad wandering out when not at games.

Could have at least made it a plexiglass wall.

Don't worry they'll be full.

And even then Putin would fill them anyway to avoid national shaming.

I remember how they filled every stadium with entire schools for the Beijing Olympics to avoid this.

Nah, too expensive. They don't give a shit about people. Doesn't stop them from complaining about low attendance though

Dude, Russia is not a 1st world country

I'm not a Russia hater, but it just isn't

1st world: US and Alies
2nd world: USSR and Alies
3rd World: Unafiliated countries

learn2worldhistory

compared to brazil and south africa it might as well be.

outdated cold war definition

the terms have changed their meaning and now define the standard of living in a country

Seoul was the last great World Cup

Russia > Brazil

This WC will definitely have nice atmosphere.

Do you just re-define words to suit your needs? That's fucking retarded.

>Do you

no, people as a whole do, I'm just adapting

I'm not defending his argument, but language is always evolving.

You should clarify that you use the words in a new-fashioned context and CLARIFY that context. Where lies the border between 1st and 2nd and 3rd world?

the hooligan's riots should be fun there

hello Kim

doesn't matter, we are gonna win anyway

>games being canceled left and right due to snowstorms
>good

There are already terms for that. Developed and developing country. Russia is a developing country, while Germany is a developed country.

it'll be the beginning of the era of dutch dominance tbdesu

>>games being canceled left and right due to snowstorms
>canceled

>no South Sudan
Shit map.

Forgot your proxy.

Qatar will be goat desu

literal goat

>Implying all cups since 2002 onwards haven't been shit

why is greenland 3rd world?

South Sudan didn't exist when those terms were relevant

A Turk obviously made this map.

Because polar bears can't into civilization.

firewater