What's your honest opinion on Henry Rollins?

what's your honest opinion on Henry Rollins?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9XKDhnb3z4M
mediafire.com/?n0kwnmjt1dw
youtube.com/watch?v=ruN9DY6Oaw4
youtube.com/watch?v=-X9kJFHerEg
youtube.com/watch?v=RBlXN35oS9E
youtube.com/watch?v=okq7xe0eo0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=xIhyZaA8yqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice guy, pretty intense and regulated though

He was cool, then steadily grew less cool as time marched on.

hes a knobhead

[indecisive]

Passionate dude. Cares about what he believes in. I find it harder and harder every year to do the same.

I know who he is, yet I have neither the slightest idea what band(s) he is/was in nor a single song of his

Really cool guy, but not a good actor

>le weightlifting spoken word punk man

reddit

honestly, he has a huge neck.

>Nice guy
youtube.com/watch?v=9XKDhnb3z4M

this, but i still dislike his music

Used to think he was smart and tough now i think hes in arrested development and an overcompensating geek.

his neck is actually thicker than his head

wtf

He plays the cop parts as he saw them.

His books were OK but definitely not pulitzer material. Kind of juvenile. Spoken word shows are OK. Seen him do that a few times and was never disappointed. His music is fairly pedestrian. My favorite is when he did that song with William Shatner and Ben Folds.

Probably a stand up guy who's honest. A bit self righteous but I can't really knock him for it.

Always thought that his help-yourself-and-get-your-ass-in-gear material was a unique take, like "Low Self Opinion."

That was both painful and hilarious to watch.
"I am the Lord of my own church."

A coward who spent his entire career concealing the fact that he is a Russian Jew.

imbecile.

his music is worse than i thought it would be
i expected anti cimex type angry shit, instead i got homosex. he's also a pussy while being fucking ripped

>his music is worse than i thought it would be

the big open secret about black flag is that nobody actually likes black flag

Gotta agree with these two.

>>his music is worse than i thought it would be
>the big open secret about black flag is that nobody actually likes black flag

Black Flag is Greg Ginn's music, not hired mouth Henry's.

>He was cool, then steadily grew less cool as time marched on
As Henry approached 40, he self-emasculated. His spoken word tours are now SJW screeds.

a fucking retard

no he doesn't

used to be a douche bag during the years of Black flag, rough periods

As he got older he got more likable and less of a macho asshole, now he's just a great and traveled man

black flag and then he did spoken word

i like black flag for what it is. It's not good music but it is energetic and funny and raw

I think it's good music because it's energetic,funny and raw

lol he did allot more than just black flag and a "bunch of spoken word"

Music: Black flag, Rollin's band

Books : Get in the van, Solipsist, Black coffee blues, Eye scream

Tv series: "sons of anarky" Avatar, batman beyond, Adventure time, national geographic stuff

Movies: Heat, Jackass, Lost highway, Bad boys, wrong turn, death dealer, he never died, *Gutterdämmerung

I can't forgive him for acting like an asshole to that one young reporter kid. He's a try hard prick with a huge ego and little to back it up

>huge ego and little to back it up

Used to agree with this early Black flag period wasn't pretty, i suggest you read get in the van really puts things in perspective.

"i can't forgive someone who i have never met for being a dick to someone 30 years ago"

NIgga you weren't the same person yesterday FOH

he makes great techno music under the pseudonym "dj fuckhead"

>that picture
A Jew playing a White Supremacist. Everyfuckingtime. And they wonder why.

cool punk legend, I don't agree with all his politics and think he's sort of lost touch with the common man being successful now for most of his life but I love his honest nature even if he can be a asshole.

Henry Rollins - Get In The Van
>Spoken Word, Black Flag, Rollins Band, Post-Autism Rock, Punk

mediafire.com/?n0kwnmjt1dw

this one is for the archive boyos

A good example of someone who drank a lot of their own Kool-Aid.

That specific clip was always really weird to me. I'm scared to approach him if I ever see him now because he always seems to think people are making fun of him.

he dresses exactly like my dad

Same he even looks a little like my dad but more more muscle, same hair and everything

its a comfy look I dig it.

That attitude has stayed with him though, at least from what I've seen. He's always trying to one up the other person in the room

Yeah I really like Henry but if I ever saw him irl I wouldn't approach him or anything because he probably wouldn't be friendly. Same with Kanye.

holy fuck

Was Ian McKaye's bestie in the D.C. Hardcore years and was the singer for S.O.A. They were good if you like D.C. Punk.

You could also make that picture with George Lincoln Rockwell, but Rollins is Jewish: Henry Lawrence Garfinkel.

Kanye honestly seems like a super nice guy

>He's always trying to one up the other person in the room

you're right about that. He said something similar to that in the podcast he had with Joe Rogan I think. As douchey as it seems, thats how he operates. You should listen/watch it. Its an overall great podcast

youtube.com/watch?v=ruN9DY6Oaw4

>George Lincoln Rockwell

is more on point the eyebrows and everything

never actually heard or read this thanks for posting

fair point. I value music differently but again i enjoy black flag

I personally enjoyed Rollins Band more than Black Flag.

After seeing this clip I was hooked

youtube.com/watch?v=-X9kJFHerEg

>black flag and then he did spoken word

oh so you're just going to ignore the whole thing when he did Rollins Band from 1987–1997, 1999–2003, 2006

I think you meant to reply to me I was talking about his music and you're kind of kidding yourself if you're saying he did anything very notable in music besides black flag

>you're kind of kidding yourself if you're saying he did anything very notable in music besides black flag

what is Rollins Band you talentless cuck

He's a faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=RBlXN35oS9E

That's really all there is to it. :/

>After seeing this clip I was hooked
Saw this line-up of Rollins Band, and all versions after. When Andrew got kicked, the band went downhill. The version without Haskett was very poor.

I don't even know what he's trying to do in this interview. The kid destroys him just by saying the most neutral of things like "ya, ok, sure"

at the 7:13 mark his brain explodes because he can't find a way to be an asshole or turn what the kid said into an argument. He was bluescreened for a whole 15 seconds and probably would have gone a minute if the kid didn't turn on his reset button with his "go ahead, say something".

listen to this to gain some context

Nice job user

fanks lad

Pretty cool, but not frozen

Anyone with a halfway decent taste in music knows that Rollins Band is superior to Black Flag

You're just jealous of his succes and recognition and possibly his masculinity as well

Either all of the above or you don't like his political views or opinions

He did some collaborations and covers as well, he was on the first tool record etc...

He also did the charity thing for The west memphis three and a bunch of other stuff,
including producing a Charles Manson album lol

The topic of the post is what people think of Henry Rollins. Sorry faggot but not everyone likes TV Party and his one other song.

It's too bad everyone forgets his Henrietta Collins and the Wife Beating Child Haters project.

someone needs to give him the left wing call out treatment on the band name at least

youtube.com/watch?v=okq7xe0eo0Q

>he was on the first tool record
Second record; first LP.

My War is a masterpiece.

Come in and Burn [DreamWorks, 1997]

Speaking as someone who enjoyed Rollins' spoken-word twofer "The Boxed Life", which recalls a lab assistant's job among other homely pursuits, it should come as no surprise that this thrash-and-churn is his metalest metal yet. It's all the more surprising that Spielberg and Katzenberg should choose to make him their flagship rocker--for all his corporate clout and cult cred, he was off the charts in a couple of weeks. As pathetic as it is for aging Spinal Taps to fabricate an adolescent despair they remember mostly from groupies and fan mail, it's even more pathetic never to feel anything else. C-

what's happening in this clip? I've always wondered

Some people at a hipster cafe yell "Get in the van!" to him, so he gets in there faces.

yeah I agree it was kind of stupid for a late 30s guy to pretend he was still a suicidal edgy 15 year old

nvm, it's not a cafe. It's been a while since I've watched the video is all.
youtube.com/watch?v=xIhyZaA8yqo
But that's the vid ^

wtf i love henry now

He can't act for shit.

is he a army wannabe faggot?

haahhaahahahahahhaaahahahh his neck makes me kek

He looks like he'd fucking kill me.

He's a fucking manlet, even with those thick soled boots. I nearly laughed in his face.

He's my hero.
Henry never did anything wrong.

I'm tall but I'm frail, so I still think he would kill me.