"States' rights, English liberties, muh freedom"

>"States' rights, English liberties, muh freedom"
>Leaves the union
>"No not that freedom"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P2w2thkDYZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

a power grab plain and simple

I think it'll be really neat to have the nation of England existing on this earth again in my lifetime.

what one man left 350 years ago, another may well return to unsundered

>pick literal communist and Orwellian nightmare lady from hell as only electable candidates
what did the UK mean by this?

Don't derail please

interestingly, 'states rights' in the US is a euphemism for discriminating against blacks.

this has to be bait

t. bernie voter

it isn't bait. It's true. Politicians will use the idea of states rights to oppress blacks. It was more common during the 1970s, but there are politicians that use it today.

you're puppetting something you don't understand

>oppress blacks
freedom of association has nothing to do with oppression idiot

>tfw I don't know what you're talking about

feel free to explain then

marxism-leninism-corbynism is the future

because it's my private property? I'm free to choose and serve whoever I wish

no you don't understand. "states rights" means something totally different in US politics. It was a tool to suppress voting rights and other economic activities for blacks in the american south. It's a loaded term for us.

Aisha is cute CUTE
>rebel due to taxation
>once you form your own nation you tax your people more
hmmmm

>Not picking the superior candidate

I'm talking about the American Civil War

I'm pretty sure you're baiting but the sad part is some people actually think this.

I'm not baiting. Read about the 'southern strategy'. Are you unaware of your own history? Do you even know who you are?

Steven is my name!

congratulations.

t. "journalist" free lancing for Slate/Huffington/Buzzfeed

>You start out in 1954 by saying, “Nigger, nigger, nigger.” By 1968 you can’t say “nigger”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Nigger, nigger.”

t. Lee Atwater, an adviser to U.S. Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush and chairman of the Republican National Committee

The architect of it actually admitted its true purpose. I don't see how you can deny it.

good bait tyrone.

I like how this sort of stuff generates so much butthurt despite there being evidence showing that discussion of state rights often invokes policies which discriminates against minority groups. Not all the time but there is correlation.

what?

nice unequivocal evidence you've provided there Satan.

>using the word minority

this is how I know you cause cancer

You're welcome. Also when the Supreme Court invalidated part of the Voting Right Act, it basically gave states more leeway in implementing laws which made it more difficult for certain communities, including minority ones, by requiring them to show more documentation and shortening the time between registration and the day of the election, among other things.

states rights has been a meme since 1864 you dumbass

>A non-Democracy attempts to call me cancer

>can't detect sarcasm

foreigner detected

>Shilling for democracy

>pick literal communist
You say this like its a bad thing

Yes

Now tell me all about how Goldwater was an evil racist.

its not thatcher fucked up the economy

youtube.com/watch?v=P2w2thkDYZQ
This guy has been running for office since the late 80's btw.

With Thatcher at least there was an economy to fuck up at all.

All she did was fuck things up further by centralising money into London.

Without Thatcher the Falklands would've been Malvinas now.

True, I'll giver her that.