Did she lose all remaining credibility with Utopia?

Did she lose all remaining credibility with Utopia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EyRmDYTa3hg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You think she was more of a freak in the 80's or 90's?

it's her best so far

Not gonna lie, former Bjork listener here. This is fucking hilarious watching Bjork crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can’t let this broad release another album.

She was only a child in the 80s.

Ricardo? I thought you were dead.

No, you did.

>former Bjork listener

I'm talking late 80's, 86 and forward, when she was in her 20's and had her son. She was a child in the 70's.

loved her in stranger things

Sure, bro. :^)

For the most part it was good. I kind of wish she'd make something more melodic though.

What pisses me off the most are the lyrics. Remember when she actually had poetic lyrics? And Utopia was too spiteful towards her ex-husband and "the patriarchy". I honestly think she's a bad mom (too possesive, angry that her daughter would spend time with her father, etc). She needs to chill. She seems emotionally immature, and it makes her music sound really bad. Honestly she's on some Taylor Swift shit right now. It's just so petty and I can't listen to it.

BUT the instrumentals were good for the most part. Although there were some awkward bits that could have been cut out (the album did run on a bit long anyway, afterall).

6/10 album. Maybe 7.5 if the lyrics weren't so God damn petty and stupid.

agreed. i really enjoy the album otherwise, but god the lyrics are pretty bad on this one

8.5 if maybe she cut out some of the bad and/or superfluous bits and got a better co-producer... I'm so fucking disappointed, the album could have been so much better.

i just dont think ambient pop works with her. Also to many ambient tracks really took the wind out of some of the jams on here. The flutes werent really all that cool, and I can see why nobody elses uses flutes in pop, lol. On top of that blatant cursing is unattractive. On top of that, Arca's production was so smashing that I didn't really even want to listen to what Bjork was saying. She started getting in the way of amazing beats, by holding out syllables way to long. Either way, its experimental, and not really memorable. Its just blatantly OK, i have no hatred to the songs so its the most boring album but she does nothing interesting.

thank god we have bjork of this generation, the superior grimes.

test

I think him cheating on her, and then her falling into a scene filled with gays and feminists are the main reason she's like this now. Blaming it om Barney.

thanks for the laugh

>On top of that blatant cursing is unattractive.
Is it because she's a woman? I'm not triggered or anything like that--I don't care if that's the reason. I'm just curious.

For me personally, it depends on the singer, the song, the album, etc, regardless of if they're a man or a woman. In this case, however, I agree with you entirely. Bjork swearing has always irked me. It just doesn't sound right with her voice and in her music, ESPECIALLY not in Utopia, which had a softer, more "fluttery" sound to it (with all the flutes and ambient noises and whatnot). She shouldn't have sworn so much.

tfw i have never been into her. I don't like even homogenic. Her irritating voice and all tracks with one melody are just too much for me. I'm glad that i dont have to be disappointed after Utopia release :^)

>I don't like even homogenic
Are you deaf?

she never cussed in vespertine or homogenic, and if she did i surely couldnt tell. the whole interest of her was that she would make so many borderline sexual references and that was so fun to listen to. When she says fuck, it comes of as so self serving and blatant. Rappers never say fuck like that, and their job is practically cussing professionally. I'm sure she can make cussing work, but it doesnt work on this album or vulnicura.

youtube.com/watch?v=EyRmDYTa3hg

We're they right? Is Bjork just a glorified drama class teacher?

My biggest issue with this album is that its WORST song is also the longest: Body Memory. This song is simply unlistenable. It has the worst melody ever and everything that happens in it (samples, beats, strings, choirs) simply does not work. I can't believe I'll have to actually delete it. It must have taken a lot of record to write, arrange and produce such trash.

*lot of effort

you laugh but it's a forced laugh. because you know that i'm right................ bjork became dull after vespertine. someone better took her place.

>I'm no fucking Buddhist
go listen to Alarm Call again

>she never cussed in vespertine or homogenic
Can't remember Vespertine tbqh, but she says "fuck" just once on Homogenic: ''"I'm no fucking Buddhist, but this is enlightenment."''

That line is honestly so cringey but it makes me laugh. It was cute and unexpected, and therefore enjoyable. But yeah, her use of swear words in Utopia was just so off-putting. It really didn't work well with the music at all.

>the whole interest of her was that she would make so many borderline sexual references and that was so fun to listen to
True.
''"We can go down into the harbor, and jump between the balls, and see the sun come up."''

OR was it ''"son cum up"''? :^)

She used to be so sneakily dirty...

I loved the flutes actually. I could take an entire Medulla of just flutes and vocals but that didn't happen.

I think for this album she should have done something more thematic like the story of a queen and Utopia, something interesting that can spark the sound out of her, not something so open-ended where she gets sore and lets Arca do the rest.

You mean Joanna Newsom?

Stop memeing. Do you even know anything about Bjork?

The album is great.

when the beautiful calm flutes come in near the end of courtship...

best work since vespertine imo
only two tracks not immediately likable on first listen are body memory and claimstaker

Kek, nice meme

She's engaged in unspeakable sex acts with hundreds of execs and goons, and every day gets so inebriated she vomits and pisses herself before her handlers clean her up and give her more drugs.
When you realize this is the lifestyle of every, yes every, pop star, your waifuism will cease.
They're no longer human beings, and I don't mean that in a fedora way. Every facet of their personalities and actions are planned by the industry for their profit.

I'll be happy when the children go away from Bjork after a year of this AOTY being out and the dust settling.

I miss the actually good Bjork threads

Utopia is the most breathtaking album that's been released in years. Absolute masterpiece, hopefully people will realise this in hindsight. Stunning album

no clue what anyone is on about in this thread about this being a "disappointment" for such stupid ass reasons as cursing,
her feminism (let's just forget even though that's been around for years!),
not to forget being sued by your cheating ex husband, actual real emotional events bigger than y'all have ever harbored like losing a family you've built for years and literally birthed out of your body.
You're all 20~ years old and not mothers or fathers..

I really don't know what to say. Don't listen to Bjork maybe? Because this IS Bjork..
You come across as incredibly entitled and out of your element and depressing trying to talk about this work, grappling to wrangle a human, let alone Bjork, into something boring and predictable.

autism is a hell of a drug.

It's a shame seeing a lot of björk fans disappointed on here. I'm not even much of a björk fan and this album is unironically a masterpiece in my eyes. There's not much that sounds like it

These aren't true Bjork fans. Clearly.

see
Wait 3 months for trendsters to fade out and move on to their new flavor of the month and we'll actually get some truly worth while discussion

>There's not much that sounds like it
have you ignored 2010s electronic music up until now?

no, i haven't
this is a very unique album, seriously

Cursing is stupid and unattractive no matter what. It is excusable in rap because it's made by and for children, but that's it.

nah swearing is sexy

too many plebs on this board

Will Smith don’t gotta cuss to sell records

Poor Charlie gets referred to way too many people

>no clue what anyone is on about in this thread about this being a "disappointment" for such stupid ass reasons as cursing,
No one would care if the music was better. Stuff like extraneous cursing sticks out like a sore thumb when the sounds surrounding it aren't up to snuff for the situation.

just finished 4rd listen
i can confirm it just gets better

I notice that your defense of Bjork here makes NO DIRECT MENTION of music... just extraneous non-musical things.
That's very telling...

*3rd

After listening to this album I finally understood what "overproduced" means. Seriously, Arca's production is so flashy and in your face, but at the same time so hollow and uninteresting. It's literally just a bunch of random loud bloops and glitches a lot of the time. The worst part is though, that without it the album would probably be even worse, as Bjork's songwriting is basically non-existent here. It's like she focused only the lyrics and didn't have time to write any actual music, so she asked Arca to create some bloops and then proceeded to improvise some melodies over them. Her meandering singing is just exhausting to listen to after a while, there are no interesting melodies, harmonies, it's not atmospheric, there's no ambience to it, it's not ugly, not dissonant, it's literally fucking nothing. Just Bjork and her cringy lyrics.

>hates gonna hate

>meme Icelantic singer gets a lot of attention
>ignore it for over 10 years
>Sup Forums makes thread about it every day
>finally decide to listen
>first song: "SHOW ME SOME EMOTIONAL RESPECT"

you guys were joking right?

This odd little thot has always attracted a certain type of person that really worships her.

Ever since the 90s, all her fans could be the exact same person.
(Except for dudes, her dude fans pretend to like her in attempt to try to fuck a girl that's a fan of hers)

Thom yorke loves her and she's one of radiohead's biggest influences

Thom Yorke is basically a tranny