Brock Turner Rape

>He purposefully took her to an isolated area, away from all of the party goers, to an area that was dimly lit, and assaulted her on the ground behind a dumpster. He deliberately took advantage of the fact that she was so intoxicated that she could not form a sentence, let alone keep her eyes open or stand. This behavior is not typical assaultive behavior that you find on campus, but it is more akin to a predator who is searching for prey.[16]
>Brock Turner has cited his "inexperience" with alcohol as a factor in his judgement the night of January 18, 2015. However, it has been reported that Turner was not truthful about his extensive experience with drugs and alcohol, with evidence from his phone indicating a years-long pattern of recreational drug and alcohol use.[20]

Can't you Americans do something about this? Not only is a predatory rapist, and a rotten person, but also a pathological liar.

Don't you have your own rape issues to be ignoring?

He's going to jail.
What more do u want Muhammad

Can't you do something about the refujihadists?

prison

14 years prison is the cap for the sentence, he should get at least 6

why are you cucks making 20 threads about this

I don't need to know about this

He did get 6
Months

That sick fuck need to knifed down im prison after getting raped by good amount of nigger.

But why was he not bullied into submission from day one?

I mean, look at that fuckung geek. Who invites him to parties anyway?

If he was a nigger Sup Forums would be outraged.

His life is already totally ruined. What else do you want?

it's not just one case

white privileged men raping women on campus happens all the time, just this time 2 Swedes caught him

how was his life ruined when he gets out of jail in 6 months? He's out by NYE

more jail time
i mean, 6 months? for real?

fpbp

The story I heard was that they were both super drunk, the difference being that he didn't lose consciousness at a point during the incident. And he said it was consensual. So I don't understand why the general public is treating this as if it's a clear cut case of him stalking and preying on this woman and forcing her to fuck when it seems like it's more a case of, both persons being super drunk and consenting to fuck, and him being too drunk to stop after she passed out. She doesn't even remember the incident....

He is in jail for 6 months. MONTHS. for rape

Your country is fucked

t. Ahmed

>white privileged men raping women on campus happens all the time, just this time 2 Swedes caught him

you should probably leave and never come back

>rape is a bad thing

lots of underages in this thread, it seems

now give me those (You)s, tumblr

She was drunk and does not remember if she initiated sex or even freely participated. She remembers nothing. His sentence is based on the fact that a inebriated person can not consent to sexual acts. It's a fucking technicality! Drunk people fuck all the time!!

He's a registered sex offender
So for the rest of his life he'll have to go door to door telling his neighbors that.

All for finger banging a chick. She was willing but then passed out. He should have stopped there but he didnt. Thus the penalty.
It's a pretty open and shut case.

>Implying he hasn't already been sentenced

This case has similarities to the Luke Lazarus case in Australia, he went to jail for 1 year. Moral of the story is: don't take compromised girls into alley ways for your own gratification, the lines are blurred at best but the most likely scenario is you've abused your power in the situation, as Brock clearly has.

>6 month in jail
>life ruined
He is basically on a vacation. I bet he's rich too. So he will have no problems getting his education and eventually a job once he gets out.

>She was willing but then passed out.

>dead-drunk chick, literally asleep
>willing

You know nothing about life.

He has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life. And sex offenders are all lumped together. So when people hear that he's on the registry, he's lumped in with the child predators, when in reality, he and some chick both got hammered and she passed out and was clearly ashamed of her actions, and the women hold the upper hand when it comes to these types of incidents. She can say she was too drunk that she can't be held responsible for begging for his dick, but he can't be too drunk to be held responsible for obliging her. Assuming that it happened that way. She doesn't remember too he incident at all though.

There's nothing we can do about this because suggesting anything other than "telling rapists not to rape" is victim blaming and will get you labeled a sexist.

Thanks to modern day feminism it has never been easier for rapists to rape women.

I just can't feel sympathy towards him.

>how was his life ruined when he gets out of jail in 6 months? He's out by NYE
He's on the sex offender registry.
He will never have a decent job in his life nor will he be able to get back into school.
^
The registry is a far worse punishment than jail.

Cool. But I'm not saying that he's totally innocent, I just don't think he's the monster the public is making him out to be. He's an idiota yes, and so is she. To be honest this whole issue is too complicated for me to say if 6 months is too much or too little. Either way it's not really completely fair.

Multiple accounts of them dancing grinding and kissing through the night, despite her being in a relationship. She agrees to go to his dorm room. They don't make it and he crosses the line. I'm not sure what point your trying to make.

>There's nothing we can do about this

yes, you can, sentence people according to the law

proper justice, he's getting off light because he was a dudebro with some scholarship but that doesn't exempt you from the law; he committed and was convicted of 3 felonies.

yeah his life is ruined, so is hers but more so. he deserves worse than he got

>implying you can consent when you're drunk
>or even as drunk as they were

nah

>He's on the sex offender registry.
>He will never have a decent job in his life nor will he be able to get back into school.

He's rich you moron. Some of his daddy's friends will employ him regardless.

He was drunk too, why should he be punished the same as a sober person?

>Multiple accounts of them dancing grinding and kissing through the night, despite her being in a relationship.

[citation needed]

Not saying you should, or that anyone should. It's just that cases like this have so much grey area and it's weird that just because you have a dick that makes you responsible for your actions while drunk, but if you're actions woman you get to wake up in vomit actions and say "whoops" But at the same time you can't punish her as she did nothing wrong. It's just a fucked up situation and it's not black and white like too many other people want to make it

>He's on the sex offender registry.
>He will never have a decent job in his life nor will he be able to get back into school.
Shouldn't have raped.

trust fund too

So rich people should be pinoshed in excess of the law?

There's nothing "to do about it." Rapists gonna rape. No amount of telling people not to commit crimes will stop them from committing crimes. You should know this better than anyone, Hans. The only thing "to do" is prosecute the criminals properly, which obviously didn't happen. This bitch needs to be in prison for 15

He wasn't drunk, didn't you read the OP? He was an experienced alcohol and drug user. She wasn't.

>so is hers but more so
Do you really, honestly believe that?
Do you seriously think an attractive collage age girl has had her life ruined because some guy diddled her while she was passed out?
Nope.
Businesses have to publicly report that shit. That's why nobody hires these people in the first place.
Nobody wants the risk of one of their clients saying "So I hear you employ a convicted rapist"

Go read her victim statement it's all in there

lol love how you toot this horn that the registry is the ultimate punishment. long term yeah, sure.

take into account that he got CONVICTED and didn't even once apologize or express remorseful for his sexual assault for which he was C O N V I C T E D. just because he had a swimming scholarship means he gets off light though according to the judge?? that's a load of garbage, there's no way to justify it

he's a piece of shit kid, but it isn't wholly his fault. it's an example of why our culture is fucked up.

6 years for rape is not excess, but justice

Who cares? You're still responsible for the shit you do when you're under the influence.

>>Not saying you should, or that anyone should
No, what you're saying is:
"Poor lad, commited a crime and now he has to pay for it? What a terrible world we live in!"

fuck off troll

The truth of the matter is if the genders were reversed he is still getting punished more harshly than any woman would be (because she probably wouldn't receive any punishment at all).

Until the day come where women are given accountability for their sexual actions while drunk the same way men are I could care less about this case.

That's my point though. She can't be held responsible for her actions in saying "yes, I wish to have your dick inside of me" but he can be held responsible for believing her and following through? Both of them were most likely fucking hammered. So how can only one persons drunken actions be a bad, while them the others is forgiven? I'm not saying I have the answer to that question because I don't. But anyone who thinks it's black and white with a clearly defined line is a little out of touch.

>She wasn't

She was a self proclaimed ""party animal""
Who thought her partying experience would allow her to drink a lot.
She says it herself in her statement. She didn't know you could lose alcohol tolerance you gain in college

Should be 15, at least, if it's completely provable

I'm not condoning him or anything. He's definitely a piece of shit with a thoroughly punchable face but no convicted sex offender ever gets off light because the registry usually leads to suicide.
The kid was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and now his life is completely and irrevocably fucked. I can't imagine he's going to last long in this brave new world of his.

Exactly this!

I swear to god, the top 5% of the smartest Sup Forums posters are almost all Americans.

Same as with Ron Paul threads. Surprises me every time.

did you read her statement?

do you honestly think she's fine? are you that fucking stupid? i swear i know the average Sup Forums user leans to the right on almost all social issues, and will even go so far as regurgitate anything in opposition of tumblr/reddit bogeyman, but seriously?

how she looks has nothing to do with it. sexual assault and rape are inexcusable and can seriously, heavily damage someone for a very long time.

why don't you try for once to feel some compassion you stupid fuck

No, I'm not saying that at all actually

>be a virgin on the sex offender registry as a rapist

Damn man just think about that. It's like being arrested for poaching lions after killing one in defense when it attacks you. Even if you egged it on, it's just silly.

trust fund.

what? if the lady was fingering the guy?

>usually leads to suicide.
I don't really care.

> based German for once
So how the fuck did he get off so light? Lawyer ties? Incredibly rich family? Wtf is going on

I doubt he is a virgin.

>It's like being arrested for poaching lions after killing one in defense when it attacks you
hahaha what?

Honestly guys put yourself in the position of her brother, or her father. Imagine this guy sneaking around your house putting his filthy fucking hands on your daughter, your grace. Fucking animal. Just read the testimony. Fucking bully.

>usually leads to suicide.

That's irrelevant for the law. We are talking about proper rule of law here, nothing else.

When you start to bend laws because of connections, your country will be ruined eventually.

>Who cares? You're still responsible for the shit you do when you're under the influence if you're a man

FTFY

Women have no responsibility for their actions when drunk so why would I care if men are given less like in this case? As far as I'm concerned men should have no responsibility for their actions when drunk, or women should have as much responsibility as men, either works for me. As it stands now he shouldn't receive any punishment for his actions since if a drunk girl is given no responsibility for her actions while drunk than its only fair a man shouldn't either.

>finally finger bang nurse
>she reports you for rape
Can't catch a break

did she consent? is that definitively proven by anything?

no, there's no proof but his word. consider the facts that she had tissue damage and abrasions inside her vagina as well as dirt and pine needles, and the guy fucking ran away when people saw him fingering her by a goddamn dumpster.

oh but it's fine, they were both drunk so how can we blame him right? clearly she was okay with this and he asked her if it was okay that he could finger her.

seriously why don't you fucks just read her statement

i'm honestly baffled that anyone could think there's any debate here. the kid was convicted of sexual assault. the girl didn't do anything wrong. the kid now gets a light sentence, which is a load of horse shit. there is no debate here

you could try to contact people in his jail, or find gangster types on twitter/fb in the area with friends inside

I think part, if not the whole, of it is that he left her behind a dumpster. Not bringing her with him was probably his downfall

not only should he not get 6 months, he should get not time at all and also a medal

I feel compassion in amounts that are due.
I feel very little compassion for a girl who acted like a complete fucking idiot and got off EXTREMELY easily.
She could have been ACTUALLY raped, or assaulted or murdered but she wasn't. She got a finger in her vagina for a few minutes that she likely wasn't even lucid for.

No. This didn't change her life and she, like many victims thrown into the spotlight, is milking it for all it's worth.

Allow me to reiterate, though, I think the faggot that diddled her a complete piece of shit and deserves to have his life ruined.
>trust fund.
1) they're finite
2) there will likely be a civil suit as well that tears that to shreds
>>usually leads to suicide.
>I don't really care.
Nor do I. Just making the point that it's effectively a slow, prolonged death sentence.
I'm talking about crime and punishment. There are many other ways to punish people aside from locking them in a cinder block room with free meals.

Friendly reminder that all he did was stick a finger in her vagina. She was black out drunk and remembers nothing. He was drunk. If you listened to the goddamn half hour long, 7000 word statement that they read commercial free on CNN, it has this sappy statement about how
>muh life will never be the same I'm the ultra-mega-100%finalform-victim I will always carry this with me please pay attention to me more

No dicks, no hymens popped, no rape babies or hush money. A blackout drunk guy stuck his finger in the vagina of a blackout drunk girl.

Are you serious? Is this your first day here or something and you're trolling for points? How can you be any kind of Sup Forumslack at all, knowing how degenerate and broken our court system is, and say this is an open-and-shut case simply because the judge made a ruling? Are you legitimately retarded?

Peoples inhibitions are lower when they are drunk, yes, but also their moral compass is harder to hear.

Also this.

>implying you can consent when you are drunk

If you cant consent when drunk, can you know that your actions are wrong? Does he even remember the incident at all?

No as if a drunk girl consents to sex having sex with her is rape because she is drunk and has no responsibility for consenting, so why should a drunk guy who was given consent to have sex and then fingered a girl have responsibility for his actions? His punishment is fine and punishing him like he was sober is retarded.

wait so did he fuck her or just put a finger in her?

>Drunk sex
>Rape

Nope

>took her away from other partygoers

He didn't fuck her on the dance floor? Must be rape, everyone fucks out in the open.

Because he was almost as wasted as she was...

>the girl didn't do anything wrong
Fisrt she was 23. That's a woman not girl
Second. If taking your little sister to a frat party, getting blackout drunk and ditching her is considered good behavior it's no wonder the moral fabric of western society it's falling apart.

Just fingered her for a few minutes.

>He will never have a decent job

You realize if you dedicate yourself to starting your own business it's really not that hard. There are so many options.

you're speaking out of turn and you obviously have no fucking clue what you're talking about. trivializing sexual assault? are you really that brainwashed by this shitty website and board?

she was SEXUALLY ASSAULTED you dumb fuck. that's ASSAULT like you said.

go ahead and read her statement, oh wait you won't because you're a slob of a human who's blinded by his own close mindedness.

i can't believe i'm reading these posts, like just how much of the pol meme can someone buy into? i'm being trolled right?

> Clarity finally
What would you make the sentence? Or rather, do you feel this is a just one?

>"I'm talking about crime and punishment."

>The United States Sentencing Commission, which establishes sentencing guidelines and policies for federal courts, recommends between eight and 20 years for convicted rapists

his crime was rape, the punishment is between 8 and 20 years

doesn't really matter much to the law

^^This ID = reddit troll. Just a friendly PSA.

So her getting so fucking drunk that she fell asleep behind a dumpster is her doing nothing wrong? And yes that's the only evidence of it being consensual is his word. But that's all it takes for a person to be arrested on rape charges. Someone's word. It's not a black and white case, it's way more complicated than you're making it

She was drunk and does not remember if she initiated sex or even freely participated. She remembers nothing. His sentence is based on the fact that a inebriated person can not consent to sexual acts. It's a fucking technicality! Drunk people fuck all the time!!

>sexually penetrating an unconscious person with a foreign object and sexually penetrating an intoxicated person with a foreign object -- fall under the Justice Department's definition of rape: "Penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim."

Almost everyone will fight tooth and nail to keep family, their children in particular, from serving long sentences in jail regardless of whether or not they believe they are guilty. Often even if they themselves were the victims of the crimes.

My brother used to be a drug addict and my parents always avoided involving police. The few times they did, it was usually because they were worried for someone's (usually his) safety and even then, they agonized over the decision and still supported him emotionally and financially.

People don't want their family going somewhere they may be viciously beaten, raped and could come out after 10+ years with even worse mental conditions.

I understand that, but leaving her there (a stereotypical rape setting) was a bad idea. Why didn't he just bring her with him

She didn't even remember the incident. I read a tiny bit of her letter, and most of it is probably due to her own shame for allowing that to happen to herself, and disguising it as being traumatized by what the guy did. Because she doesn't even remember what the guy did...

They were both wasted and they both consented to having sex. Should he be punished for doing shit after she passed out? Yes, should he be severely punished? No, they were both drunk and both previously gave consent, you can't make good decisions when drunk which is why fucking a drunk girl when sober can be considered rape, why should he have full responsibility for bus actions when he was drunk when a woman has 0 responsibility for her actions when she is drunk regardless if she is conscious or not not

i don't come to Sup Forums often, i don't identify with any particular part of the site

i'm not trolling, i'm just pissed off. i don't get what your point is

>girl, woman
semantics, whatever.

she didn't take her little sister to the party, it was the other way around. i'm almost at a loss for words for how uninformed, unfamiliar, and unequivocally wrong/misguided/confused you and people who echo your general sentiments in this matter are

>so why should a drunk guy who was given consent to have sex and then fingered a girl
wat
the person being fingered has to consent too

Obviously it is more then that or she wouldn't be pressing charges.

Why the hell is a single rape case international news?

It can't be because of the light sentence, women get light (or zero) sentences for violent and sexual offending all the time.

Kek. I thought the exact same thing. They're getting worse at hiding themselves

drug abuse is a victimless crime, my friend

rape isn't

He has to publicly declare that he is a registered sex offender.
Something tells me that won't attract much business.
U wot
Was he actually charged and convicted of "rape" or was it some lesser charges associated with the act?
I have a feeling it's the latter.
Common sense also has a say in the interpretation of the law and it doesn't take a federal judge to tell you there's a difference.

Because he was wasted on drugs and alcohol and not in a rational state of mind...

>haha other countries have problems to so ours don't matter when it happens XD

I thought Swedish guys who found them said he was on top of her and humping.
Sounded like he got it in both holes as well.

It's awful either way but I think most people feel fingering isn't as much of a violation as dicking.

>All these people defending the rapist

It sure is a completely different tone when shit skin rape. Don't defend this shit. Raping is nigger behaviour and should be looked down upon. The guy is rich ffs, he could have easily found a willing woman, which only makes his crime worse.