What is it about listening to/creating music as a hobby that correlates with left-leaning values?

What is it about listening to/creating music as a hobby that correlates with left-leaning values?

Case in point, Sup Forums is pretty much the only remaining board that hasn't been completely cannibalised by the rise of Sup Forums. Are musicians and music listeners just naturally on a higher plane? Why is this?

Degenerates tend to be left leaning.

>tfw love a lot of postmodern leftist artists
>also believe in strong conservative values

that not BORK meanyhead

this bork
and she a cute ;)

It's reddit cancer coming here for download links.

Well, no-one said brainlets can't have good taste

>Case in point, Sup Forums is pretty much the only remaining board that hasn't been completely cannibalised by the rise of Sup Forums

not true, how ever /fa/ seems to be the only board where people aren't autistic enough to scare off all minoritys and women away

You'd be mistaken. Constant threads about how to dress like a communist or fascist and any minority specific thread gets flamed by Trumptards.

the crazy thing is that if a lot of hard leftist idpol types took their beliefs and principles out of the context of constantly bashing white males, there is a lot I agree with them on. There's a lot I agree with Hegarty on. There's a lot I agree with say, Derrick Jensen on.
Literally the only thing that made me "right wing" was that I stopped agreeing that I was evil simply by accident of birth, and got sick of their shit. After growing up indoctrinated by school in their "white men are an exceptional evil" worldview and being on their side for 17 years of my life. I was on your side. I knew your arguments. I felt your concerns. I still agree with a lot of it. I was on your side.
Yet I am the closed minded one, I am the brainlet? Progressive idpol isn't some radical worldview among millennials -
it is the established worldview. Just in the same way that pseudo-colourblind love and peace tolerant liberalism was the established worldview for gen X'ers growing up. Yet you continue to harp on about a worldview that's barely even the status quo among baby boomers to legitimize your hate for white people, your hate for European culture, traditions and heritage.
Fuck off.

nice blog

nice argument

>Are musicians and music listeners just naturally on a higher plane?
Lmao, fuck off with this self gratifying bullshit. I am both of those things and I have some left leaning values but to make a claim that one side is above the other is a immature monkey statement. You need both viewpoints of left and right because there's value in both of them.

Not an argument.

thanks friend

what is it about cuckolding that attracts so many right-wing whites?

It's because that left ideology is centered around other qualities in life than money and freedom.

To sum it up:
The politics discussed on Sup Forums has little or nothing to do with politics, it's mostly personalized cultural struggles and art/music really excels in dealing with that so they don't really dare to touch it.

>implying the right doesn't.
just because america is run by a shitty cabal of white and jewish neocon baby boomers doesn't mean that's all the "right" stands for.

they know their place

The answer is simple. Artists and Leftists both approach life with a capitol placed on feelings. This explains the noticeable presence of women and gay men among this pool as well.

But please don't fall for the Left vs. Right meme, it is a false dichotomy used to steer dummies in the direction an emerging aristocracy wants them to go. The reality of it is, we need big hearts in government as well as principal clinging police types. Just as walking is best done with left and right feet.

Because this board is all teenagers
Sage

openness to experience is a personality trait that correlates with both creativity and left-leaning politics

conservatives are generally more conventional, and thus less likely to be artistically interesting

>I am the brainlet? Progressive idpol isn't some radical worldview among millennials -
it is the established worldview

this is simply not something you can state as true without making a case for it,you sound sound ridiculous

ha nice try
there are plenty of other boards NOT touched by politics

Sup Forums has infested all the boards I love
>Sup Forums
>/fa/
>Sup Forums
>starting to dip into /diy/

Bernie is more of a principal clinging policy type than the republicans that have spent decades pushing contradictory legislation;specially if you compare him to these new trump types which are basically just retarded angry children

>Sup Forums has infested
Or maybe it's just popular opinion on Sup Forums. There are no concerted efforts by Sup Forums to raid other boards.

user, all of the boards were hacked by Russians. How could there be any other explanation?

when i can go in nearly every thread and find people just doing nothing but shitposting bout soyboys, it looks like Sup Forums is shitting up the place to me,one way or another

Sup Forums has increasingly driven off the not-retarded people and become neckbeard central since about 2014.

Remember history lessons in school right?

Remember being taught about the Atlantic slave trade?
Remember being taught about the Holocaust?

Remember being taught about the Greco-Persian wars, the Achaemenid occupation of Greece and the eastern Balkans?
Remember being taught about the Hunnic invasions or Attila's empire?
Remember being taught about the Umayyad caliphate, in Iberia, or the battles they fought into France as far as Tours?
Remember being taught about the Mongol invasion of the Rus'?
Remember being taught about the Ottoman empire, and their conquest of the Balkans, and occupation of Europe as far west as the gates of Vienna?
Remember being taught about the Barbary pirates, raiding Mediterranean and Atlantic coastal towns, emptying them of their populations and bringing them back to North Africa to be enslaved?

Our education seemed to very selectively teach us the bad things white people did to non-white people. It painted a skewed view of Europeans as being an exceptional evil in the world, that the world would be better without. I know, because when I was 9 years old I was fully engrained in that view, and it makes perfect sense that people my age would have been too, given it perfectly lays the groundwork for anti-white, critical theory based social studies courses that drive so much of progressive idpol these days.

Sup Forums crossposters are very obvious
>thread discussion
>some dumbass out of nowhere starts talking about niggers and jews (or indians if it's Sup Forums)
>"fuck off dude we're talking about [technology/fashion/music]"
>"haha cuck XD this isn't your safe place anymore XDDD we elected Trump haha epic!"
it's definitely not a popular opinion on Sup Forums. You guys are a vocal minority.

The retards are more vocal now that the chief retard has fallen ass backwards in to being king.

This

No shit, it's because it makes you mad. It's bait. Every single time someone says "cuck" or "soyboy", it gets 50 replies. It's just like when someone shows up to a completely unrelated thread and shitposts about how hot Grimes is. It's not a concerted effort by Grimes posters, it's just retards saying shit to get (You)'s.

You guys must be new because you don't know the first thing about the mentality on this website.

you fucking idiot our education system can't even bring itself to condemn manifest destiny and the genocide of native americans

>people partaking in the shitty FotM meme means that pol is attacking us 24/7
You're worse than pol with these theories bud

>You guys are a vocal minority.
because they never leave the house and shitpost 16 hours a day

lol

>muh fake history

Oh my! There's others like us?

that's why i see thread where youshit heads are getting no replies,and mass replying to post with the same stale ass meme begging for attention,yea?
i'm not new because I actually would like to talk about music, I just grew out of being 13

I learned about most of those things, you probably just took the retard class because those first two are boring good/evil situations fit for brainlets like you

>I actually would like to talk about music
Well not everyone here is like you. People post shit to get replies.

but it reduces the overall quality of the board by overly grating on eventually driving off the people who actually have something to contribute

I don't really want to post on a board that has daily "fluoride music" threads.

I'm British, for a start. We weren't really taught about American history past the Pilgrims.
As an individual though, I have spoken to self-ascribed leftist Americans who had a far less compassionate view of Native Americans than I do - what happened to the Native American population - although often oversimplified, was still wrong and regrettable - and yet simply by dint of being pro-white, I am considered more right-wing.

>muh weak bait

>those first two are boring good/evil situations fit for brainlets like you
and seemingly anyone else of whom many go on to espouse an anti-white stance through college.

>Well not everyone here is like you.
yeah,some people are less mature or intelligent or whatever, i get it

Nazism and alt right posting is what being a Satanist was 30 years ago and being a hippie 50 years was. A way to piss off your elders/parents and be edgy. Nothing else, just the pendulum swinging back the other way after 50 years of enlightenment.

The question was "Why does Sup Forums infest other boards" and my answer is that they don't. It's all just bait because it gets replies. I don't really care one way or the other because if it's not about soyboys and jews, it'll be about something else. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it'll always be.

>makes shit post
>surprised when people react negatively to post
>"haha, it was bait you fools! I was only pretending to be retarded!"
protip: it's not bait if you actually believe in what you are posting, at that point it just becomes shitposting

It might be because music is a non-narrative aesthetic pleasure. It's something you create and enjoy without necessarily imposing an order on the world in the process, so it's fundamentally more ""degenerate"" as a hobby (and if you're interested in it, you probably also want to hear people doing fresh new things and breaking out of orthodoxies)
Music has also always been a refuge for the downtrodden and the marginalised, because it's a form that transcends language or other forms of gatekeeping.

This is the messiest thread I have seen here in a long time good job

have you considered then that perhaps your education was euro-centric and you learned about so many bad things white people did because your class was almost entirely about the history of a group of white people

soyboy

No. I don't think he considered that because he's too busy looking for any excuse to act like a greedy, paranoid douche with out the burden of guilt to slow him down.

Plenty.
But you can't say it, because you'll get memed on even IRL with LE ENLIGHTENED CENTRIST FENCESITTER MAN CRYPTO-COMMIE MUH HORSESHOE

scratch a centrist and a fascist bleeds yo

I already miss when we called each other numales

I actually find soyboy refreshing and somehow less insulting

why did it even change

every couple of months I leave, come back and everyone's moved on from beta to cuck to nu-male to soyboy, but they all apparently mean the exact same thing and none of them are filtered. so why does it keep changing?

>What is it about listening to/creating music as a hobby that correlates with left-leaning values?
You should have started by providing a study conclusively proving this.

If my net hadn't died I'd have commented sooner.

It's not Eurocentric if it glosses over a solid 90% of european history, much of which involved white people being wronged by non-white people.
The language of the left today entirely revolves around a narrative of victimhood, of being offended or triggered or wronged or oppressed. It's the entire basis of your justification for lampooning white people and building your progressive stacks.
If European educators were interested in arming European children with pro-white arguments so they could argue a pro-white stance against anti-white idpol types, why would they not appeal to the victimhood status of those white people who were wronged, oppressed, invaded, enslaved, or murdered?
Stop moving the goalposts and deflecting the point. You know what I'm saying.

tldr: The history of Europeans includes the history of Europeans oppressed by non-Europeans. A truly Eurocentric education would teach us about them.

greedy, how? what have I claimed as mine? what am I purported to feel entitlement for, according to you?
paranoid, how? when people can slander and wish death upon white people and the white race over social media, in the established press, and in universities without repercussion, whilst white people are arrested and incarcerated for upwards of 4 years for doing likewise, it seems pretty fucking sus to me when you defend anti-white sentiment.

>muh brown people

I think this is more your confirmation bias if I'm honest, British history course has the Enlightenment era and rise of democracy, rise of liberal values in Italy, a bit of medieval stuff that I can't remember and a lot on WWII, WWI and the cold war. Seems like a fair and interesting modern history course to me. A lot of the stuff you mention is ancient history which hardly gets covered because the government doesn't consider it relevant. Hence why the course is so focused on modern European history. Which is a shame but not evidence of bias imo imo

Why aren't you for ALL people? Why must you be for some, while against others?

Man, you're just alienated from yourself because of like, the media and institutions and stuff. Your music taste is an aesthetic expression of your deepest values so if it appears to conflict with your philosophy or politics, you've been fucked by modernity and you're a divided human being or some shit like that.