Agree on tipping?

Agree on tipping?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What a fucking passive-aggressive shit.

The problem is not tipping or not tipping, it's the law that made employing servers possible only if you tip them.

>see sign
>leave

No one would care, if you are that cheap your business would be worthless.

How about fuck you and fuck your tip.
Why dont you tip every single one when you buy anything?
Why are people in resturants so damn previliged?
Why dont you tip someone in the supermarket, or when you buy a new phone??????????????

Stupid ass shit.

*tips

>Why dont you tip someone in the supermarket

You do, usually..

>when you buy a new phone

Only buy online, really.

Tip as a thing done in USA mostly I guess. In europe you dont do it.
You pay the price and thats it.
There are zero logic in tipping.

You "have to" pay some kind of undefined extra sum above the stated price otherwise its wrong?
Do you tip when getting petrol in your car also?
Why dont you tip the plumber?
Why dont you tip a doctor or dentist, who actually did something with his life?

Instead you should tip a 17 year old girl who carries your plate from the counter to your table, wow what a hard job.

>willingly agreeing to subsidize the employers labor force

juden plz

Don't know about supermarket, mom worked in few and they could get in troubles if they had extra money at the end of the shift.

Tipping is one of the things I fully support non americans shitting on us for. Hate entitled cunts who constantly ask to refill my drink when it's still half full in an effort to try to guilt a few extra dollars out of me. Eat shit

Never once in my life. When I was in Vegas there were fat guys in the toilets trying to hand me towels for a tip, weirdest fucking thing ever and dumb as shit.

restaurant servers make less than minimum wage based on a contract with the restaurants that allow them to get away with it. most servers income is based upon tipping. not tipping someone even a dollar is a big middle finger in their face. not tipping is the equivalent of falling for a jewish ruse where all the money goes to the owners and none go to the poor little goyim working in the establishment

>Go into buffet at 11
>Eat for a few hours
>Get enough refills of mountains dew hydrate a whale
>Go use the bathroom multiple times
>Clogged a toilet but didn't tell
>Waitress takes at least 50 dirty plates
>Super nice despite my being there for 10 hours
>Closing time comes along
>Waitress informs me, still polite
>I say alright, reach into wallet and fish around
>Quickly pulls empty hand out and pulls it up
>Tips fedora
>Leaves

It's like you guys have never been to a restaurant.

I usually tip but if someone told me I had to tip I would take my business elsewhere. Tipping is optional.

any country that expects tips is cucked

>Agree on tipping?
No. I tip, but that stance is shitty as fuck.

I have never even witnessed someone tipping.

Just pay them the same minimum wage as in other sectors.

Someone left me 2 bucks when I worked as a waiter at Sizzler and made a point of letting me know. Was surreal.

>if you don't give me money that my employer is holding out on me, you're a cheap piece of shit

and that attitude is why people refuse to tip in the first place

>>Why dont you tip someone in the supermarket

>You do, usually..

wat

this. The reason restaurant tipping is so big in the USA is because their employers are allowed to pay them less than the minimum wage as it is assumed that they'll make it up in tips. Servers who receive no rips are basically being paid less than the minimum wage.

What did you do? thank them? what did you spend it on?

hmmm... would that actually work? I'm homeless atm and it'd be great to be able to eat all day for just the price of a meal but I feel like they'd kick me out once they see that I plan on staying for the whole work day.

Haha get fucked. If they want more money then they should ask their boss for a raise. If they can't provide adequate service for their pay then they can fuck off and get a different job.

homeless and posting on Sup Forums. sounds like you need to prioritize.

Nope. If a server doesn't make enough tips to equal what they would have recieved at the minimum wage, the employer is legally bound to make up the difference.

>that image
But I tip as an additional reward for good service. I don't know whether I'll tip of not at the start of the meal. After I'm done eating and have recieved the check, I consider whether or not the service was worthy of a tip.

Restaurants aren't allowed to bypass shit, the simple fact is that there's a different minimum wage set for tipped employees.

Bottom line is if you want a tip you better work for it. It's on you, not us.

If you are an employee who receives tips, and you believe in what is said in that image, you are free to believe it. The only condition is that you tell your employer (and possible future employers during the interview process) that you support an idea that actively turns possible costumers away by shaming them for not tipping. If you don't have the balls to do this, then you don't really have a moral objection to people not tipping, you are just an entitled piece of shit.

Pizza place i order from doesn't have a delivery driver any more. They use a delivery service and it costs $8 for delivery when it use to be free on any order over $30. Last time i ordered delivery i had to call it to cancel my order after 90 minutes. Person who answered the phone said that the delivery drivers kept quitting because hardly anyone tipped and the delivery service was backed up.

>refusing to support a corrupt paradigm
>refusing to pay the employee's wages on top of my over-expensive meal
>falling for Jewish tricks
Hello Mordecai

How do you pay for petrol?

I tip but this type of sanctimonious moral finger-waving makes me want to not tip

I do, it's great. I'll tip around 10-15% and it buys me better service, I don't have to wait or beg to get my drinks like the cheap fucks that won't tip I even get a buy back every now and then.

>it's my job to pay your salary

I don't have to tip at Burger King :^). Guess I now know which place I'm going to eat at.

>we are too stupid to make/join a union, why wont people give us free money

Nah man, didn't you know unions are G-G-GOMMUNISM

This is a slide thread. Also check OPs flag.

I used to be waiter, so I'm a little biased. I like the tipping system because you earn what you put in. If I'm going to make more money by putting in my absolute best effort, I'm going to put in that effort. That way the customer is happy, I'm happy, and the restaurant has earned a potential regular.

If a waiter is being a dick or not doing his job, they don't deserve shit. A lot of waiters have an entitlement problem. They give shitty service and then they're pissed off when they get a dollar tip.

Tipping is a shit practice and mandatory tipping especially. I want to see the price on the menu as is, not some fucking false advertising part of the price I have to mentally add 20% to to pay cash in hand to the waitstaff outside bookkeeping or otherwise I'm a terrible person.

Minimum wages and accordingly prices should be such that the staff doesn't depend on tips to survive. Tipping should be abolished, it's a bit like corruption or gray market employment

I'm an American abroad for the record.

>if you don't tip tell it before so we can spit in your food
Tipping is just racket.

>there's a different minimum wage set for tipped employees
Which is fundamentally fucked up

Is it true that u can get a lobster and a blowjob, possibly at the same time for a dollar in poland?
Also would you tip?

You bring a fucking plate of food from the kitchen to the table. How the fuck is there any room involved for the amount of "effort" put in for your "service"?

What a shit system, I make minimum wage + tips.

> I like the tipping system because you earn what you put in.
Statistically good service vs bad service doesn't change the tipping amount on average, and the amount people tip is pretty much random.

youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k

Lol, why would I pay someone who's job is to write up an order and bring some plates to a table? Even the restaurant owners don't think they're worth shit and barely give them any compensation.

You lot are just a step above beggars and I don't give money to beggars either.

Lebron James doesn't tip. Fact

Is it rude not to tip when I get a $2.85 coffee in the morning? I order it black with nothing in it.

yea if youre a shitty server youre not going to get tips. ive worked in similar industries and i sucked as much dick as i could to get extra money. just plaster a fake smile on your face and get some cash, dont be a cunt

The lobster doesn't really need the money.

One of my cocktail waitresses got stiffed by a bunch of English cunts on a $371 tab tonight. Of course they were also overheard using “Jew” in place of “cheap” while discussing their bill. Charming people. They were told they will never be welcome back again. Bottom line, if you don’t tip, you’re done in any respectable bar or restaurant in the states. In other countries do whatever the fuck you want.

Aren't you actually the one who feels entitled to getting a material reward for every little "effort" you do? Sorry for criticizing you, but I feel entitled to the right to tell you that you are no better than your coworkers.

Niggers never tip.

I'll do this only if the server acknowledges beforehand that they work for tips and that their quality of service matters. It's unfair that the servers can operate under false pretenses while I cannot.

So what if I do tell them? Are they going to say, "well i guess you like spit and boogers in your food lol"? If that's the case then I can sue their fucking asses. Fuck them. No one should tell you what to do with YOUR money.

I usually tip the waiter, bartender, cab driver, etc.

If I saw that shitty sign in OP pic, I would leave 0 tips though. no one should feel obligated to tip, and thankfully it's not completely expected of you in Norway.

The whole point of tipping is that it's the waiter's incentive to provide good service. If you tell them you're not tipping beforehand, they won't give one shit about you and your experience will be terrible. This is because the laws allow their employers to off some of the cost of paying their wages onto you, rather than paying their full paycheck as they ought to.

Should be tipping at least $1 per drink

why don't you just pay your waiters/waitresses more, and make the food more expensive to compensate? no tipping needed then.

Furthermore
>"If you can't afford to tip...you can't afford to go out and eat."
Apparently you fucking can based on the very second sentence of the sign. The sign contradicts itself.

>In europe you dont do it.

I tip in restaurants though.. Not at mcDonalds or snackbar, but if there's good service most Dutch people tip..

> Thanks for doing your job
> let me give you some money because your employer doesn't pay you enough.
'murica!

Good goys.

i just started working in a kitchen and i get tips its fucing crazy but it ups my wage from £6.70 to 8.00 so i dont complain

What is wrong with what you just greentexted?

>because they are allowed to bypass the federal minimum wage requirements

Found the problem. By not tipping they are eventually forced to change that bypass bullshit and they will pay you a living wage instead.

Stop biting the hand that wants to help you.

In my experience individuals of all sorts don’t tip or don’t tip well. Some based on ignorance of custom, some based on inexperience, and some because they’re awful people that almost everyone loathes. I’ve been a bartender for 12 years and I’ve been stiffed by every type of people but I don’t ever generalize about who does and doesn’t tip. Generally speaking black people are not great tippers if they’re from the hood. But neither are churchy white midwesterners. And neither are super nice Canadians. As a general rule, young women are the worst tippers because they’re used to getting something for being pretty and don’t think they should do anything else. But 21 year olds in general are shit tippers. They’re inexperience and have no money. Lesbians and gay men are exceptionally good tippers. Service workers are the best tippers. The Japanese don’t tip at all. Lots of Europeans are slowly figuring it out but they’re still pretty bad. As a whole, Brits are the worst people from Europe because not only do they not tip well but they act superior and run you around.

>not tipping someone even a dollar is a big middle finger in their face
No, it's a middle finger in the face of their employer and the laws that allow them to get away with not paying their employees properly.

>not tipping is the equivalent of falling for a jewish ruse where all the money goes to the owners and none go to the poor little goyim working in the establishment
What you just said is the exact opposite of reality. Tipping is what keeps money in the owners' pockets. Every dollar you give in tips is a dollar the employer doesn't have to pay their employee, up until their salary meets minimum wage. Then you're just giving them charity.

It's not about what they make, it's what tipping buys you - better service.

shouldn't the employer just pay the employees fairly?
Why should we pay someone for doing what they were employed to do? why is it only certain service people we tip?

>No, it's a middle finger in the face of their employer and the laws that allow them to get away with not paying their employees properly.

Bernfag detected.

>oh boohoo I don't get enough money from pouring liquids into a cup for people

Do you wash your willy (foreskin) before you go to work just in case you get lucky?

But user, they make way more money than you.
They're just whiny bitches.

This is the mindset of a failed business owner.

Regularly checking on customers to refill their drinks as they get low. Bring close by to provide extra napkins, sauce, or handle other complaints.
Do you not go out to restaurants? Seriously.

> Wow great job bring my plate from over there to here
> Thanks for listening to me pee and handing me a towel. I'm too retarded to do that myself
I don't get it

Do you tip mcdonalds employees like you do plate-movers?

>CollegeHumor
I almost didn't watch.

"That cheap" ?

The restaurant owner should definitely care since I was going to buy a meal from him. If I don't want to pay his employees I have no obligation to. And no I don't need to announce it beforehand and relegate myself to shit service. The waiters accepted this when they took the job.

> Regularly checking on customers to refill their drinks as they get low.
So if we refuse this, then we can just not tip right?

Because that would require changing the whole system. Some high end restaurants tried than in New York and San Francisco. They eliminated tipping and increased prices and started paying the kitchen staff a bit more. Guess what happened? All the best servers bailed to restaurants that do things the old way because they were losing tons of income to the non tipping system. On a good night I can make $400 on tips as a bartender. I can also make $120 on a slow night. The point being that under the tipping system the best people will work the hardest and get rewarded for it. If you eliminate my ability to make $400 a night from time to time, I’m never going to work much harder than needed to not get fired because what’s my motivation for getting your drinks faster or giving you menu advice? Eliminate tipping and serving becomes a job for teenagers and non English speaking minimally educated people. Because the hourly wage just won’t be good enough to get the best people.

Is there a single person itt who tips randomly? Do you know anyone who tips randomly? Because I sure as fuck don't tip randomly. I tip 20% if they don't fuck up and go down from there.

Servers know people tip less if they fuck up and they also know that tips make the job worthwhile. Saying "they need to eat" is retarded. If a job simply isn't worth a higher wage, would you rather it be eliminated, thus destroying potential opportunity for all? This is why teenagers are retarded now. They can't find work because adults are trying to make a living out of jobs designed for them. Remember when we used to have movie ushers who were paid below minimum wage? It was great for people who wanted to watch a lot of movies but didn't want demanding work hours. The job wasn't worth much in pay, but the relationship was mutually beneficial for all.

I do. I find these kinds of people annoying. I would like to enjoy my meal in peace without some faggot helicoptering over me trying to guilt me into giving a higher tip.

It's just a custom, and most people go along with it.. Servers don't usually get to keep it all though, it gets shared with all the staff in a proportional manner. Chefs usually don't share because they make a lot more than the servers and dish washers, and the owners don't share because they get the profits.

Do you strictly 'dine out' at McDonalds and occasionally as a rare treat the RSL $10 parmy night or something, cunt? you not used to fine dining or restaurants where you don't have to take your table number up to the front to order generally?

If a woman tells me, "just the tip" how much am i suppose to give her?

Tipping is fucking retarded, i only tip in a fancy restaurant and only if feel i got great service.

>Eliminate tipping and serving becomes a job for teenagers and non English speaking minimally educated people. Because the hourly wage just won’t be good enough to get the best people.
Good. Bringing a plate from the kitchen to a table isn't something that requires a high amount of skill.

I'm a waiter and I don't tip, and I don't expect anyone to tip me

like they say in resevoir dogs, lots of people deserve tips but they don't get them because they arn't face to face with customers

and when you have tips, you instantly have the effect that the rich man thinks he's entitled to better service and that he own service staff, and the poor man feels passed over and resentful

I earn a living wage in australia as a waiter, and I go to work ever day knowing that nobody who walks through our front door owns me no matter how much cash they throw around

We live in the same country. all the fine restaurants ive been to ive not tipped at. Barely any countries do this. Please stop being retarded on purpose.

>Inform server that I don't tip
>Receive shitty service, snide remarks, and possibly have some edgy fuck try messing with my food because they feel entitled to getting paid extra for doing their job
Sounds like a great idea. Hardly any fucking servers deserve a tip anyway. I'll leave a couple bucks if you take good care of me, but the majority of the time I have to fucking flag down a waiter to get a refill on my water

Providing friendly, not half-assed service, bringing anything the customer needs, and making them feel welcome at the restaurant.

I thought the tipping system in America was retarded until I actually went last year. Restaurant service is phenomenal, I ate out every day and I was treated like a king. Service was quick, efficient, friendly. I never had an empty drink. 100x better than over here where 1 in 3 restaurant visits something is wrong.

They have it right.

Tipping culture in the US is the worst. It drives employees to steal and pits them against the business. I feel no sympathy for tipped employees. In a major city they can pull down a 6 figure salary in 10 months take 2 months off during the slow season and come back to work and they can rob their employer the entire time they do it. They get to play the "I'm just a poor tipped employee" sympathy card and laugh the whole way to the bank. Put these people on a wage and bring the labor back in house.

so it's about the service staff pandering to your fragility?