Admit it, you enjoyed it

admit it, you enjoyed it.

Not really. Act I was amazing, everything after was boredom incarnate.

Not really.

Act 1 was not amazing

I did, it was better than into darkness.

I didn't on any level. I preferred Into Darkness, who actually had a tolerable villain. Unlike this movie which barely even tried to develop the antagonist.

I kinda did until they played the Beastie Boys to kill aliens.

I loved it, but it flopped and Star Trek is completely dead.
The present has caught up with the show's future.

I never thought they could make something worse than Into Darkness

I genuinely didn't.

Everyone told me "it finally turned a star trek episode into a full length movie"

After I watched it I saw precisely why people don't turn Star Trek episode formats into full length movies.

I thought the reboot was really good, and Into Darkness was alright but they're losing me.

I wish Karl would fund another Dredd

this. I can't even remember who it was.

Not really, I wanted to, I really did but as said the antagonist was barely developed and I didn't give a shit about Jaela either, the Spock/Uhura shit was nauseating, hell, everything about Spock in this movie was and I fucking love Spock, dude. The pacing was pretty poor too. I enjoyed it visually though I guess. Plus I really don't know why they keep trying to be so inclusive of side characters like Scotty just to be different from TOS. It fell short of a lot of my expectations but it was fun I guess, like Rocky IV or one of the poorer quality Marvel movies.

that was pretty bad

it was let's combine the technobabble mcguffin that destroys the entire overwhelming enemy odds with the completely out of place music choice WHICH is a repeat from 2 movies ago

how do these people even make it out of film school in the first place?

I hate movies that are stuck in the same location for 80% of the movie.

Star Trek 1 and 2 did a better job mixing up the locations.

It was worser than nemesis.

I'm the same except I don't mind it when they're in the same location for 100%. It's when there's a shift to somewhere totally different for a short period of time for no discernable reason.

yorktown station was pretty cool tho

but too fancy for TOS era federation, also USS Yorktown was a ship reeeeee

Wrath of khan took place in pretty much one set.

The only good thing was the cute alien.

>Enterprise bridge
>Reliant bridge
>Enterprise engineering
>Enterprise teleporter room
>Kirk's quarters
>Spock's quarters
>Space station
>Cave place
>A shit ton more I'm probably forgetting
?

I thought it was great. They seem to be finding their stride, but unfortunately this didn't do terribly well so who knows if they'll get another shot at it.

When starting a "new" franchise you really can't afford to stumble on the second movie the way they did

Why rebuild the exact same ship with only a few cosmetic changes?

idk, with cgi and the ridiculous budgets they get now, to me redesigning it would be a no brainier and sell more toys

>using trash like Beastie Boys' Sabotage instead of Public Enemy's Shut Em Down

>sell more toys
What fucking toys? I don't think I've ever seen any nu-trek toys.

Do you guys really think a total overhaul of the design of what is arguably the single most iconic sci fi spaceship (and undeniably top 5 most iconic) makes any sense from a business or marketing perspective? Besides, if you watch any Star Trek at all, you'd know that most Star Fleet ships of the same purpose as the Enterprise look very similar to it in design. Even experimental and advanced ships with different purposes harken to the design of the Enterprise, just look at Voyager, or the Defiant, or the Ulysses.

they are pretty bad but they exist..

>Voyager, or the Defiant

Not even worthy to be classed Starships
The designers tried to be edgy and ended up producing two shit tier designs

Rick Berman, for example, hated the TOS and their movies and wanted as little reference to them as possible, in the process he alienated TOS fans and divorced one of the most beautiful designs ever created

it was a little bizarre mirandas were still in service but not constitutions..

Character development
>Bones relates to Spock more
This is something, but not much. It was more of a quiet moment, and I'm sure in the next movie, if it's made, Bones will still hate Spock and nothing has changed

>Kirk is presented with a choice of leaving his position and decides not to take it
Done plenty of times before and mostly unrelated to the main conflict of the movie

>Spock is presented with a choice of leaving his position and decides not to take it, specifically, in relation to the future of his race
The exact same problem as in the end of Star Trek 09, with the only change of his future self being dead, so they're ripping off their own series. Again, the main conflict has little to do with this choice.

>Chekov dies
This really hit me. Oh wait, that happened in real life with the actor who plays him, lol.

Yep, busting out weird maneuvers
In TWOK the Reliant was graceful, in Ds9 the mirandas were zooming around like X-Wings

Picard mentioned to Scotty that the Constitution class was under powered and ready to fly apart
Another example of Rick Berman giving the middle finger to TOS fans

Well I'm sure they've gotten some upgrades in 80 years

it was meh, but the best of the new Star Wars movies.

The villain was weak. I also didn't like the 90s music shit.

yeah didn't they lift the villains reveal right directly from insurrection

they're not aliens, they're actually humans who look like aliens because of the unnatural procedures they use to live longer..!

Yeah, I enjoyed it but wasn't good.

>Stuck on a boring planet for the whole movie
>Jaela trying so hard to be "badass"
>Pegg sucking his character's dick
>big build-up between Kirk and the villain leads to nothing
>villain has no development outside of the script making him out to be Kirk's anti-thesis

The not-Citadel was pretty cool though it's part of the reason why them being stuck on a such a dull planet was all the more unbearable.

It was a really fun movie, despite plot retardation. It was good.

Also Trek movies are an example how to show diversity. It's very natural in Beyond (Sulu and actually believable muh stronk womyn Jaylah). It's painful to watch hamfisted SJW agenda of Star Wars after Trek.

>they're not aliens, they're actually humans who look like aliens because of the unnatural procedures they use to live longer..!

Sure, but they present an actual threat in the narrative and are an interesting thematic foil to the characters. The scrotum-faced goblins from Insurrection are in the running for the least threatening villains is Star Trek history, and that includes the faulty elevator int he episode where Picard is stuck with all those kids.

The big issue with the Beyond villains is their interesting thematic weave comes in the very end of the film. The movie spends an inexplicably long amount of time trying to play Clue with Krall's identity and motivation that when it finally comes it's too late for it to sink in as something important.

That's only because thats how the cast was in the 60s or whatever.
Except Sulu being a gay

I enjoyed it. Didn't like it as much as Star Trek 2009, but it was still a fun, light movie. It sometimes felt like just a higher budget episode of the show instead of a large scale movie that was trying to one-up the first like Into Darkness. It also helped that it came out in the middle of an abysmal summer movie season

>every story has to have a villian and physical combat!

you're the cancer that's ruining trek

>That gaze
What did Picard mean by that?

Why does a starship need speed to create lift? It doesn't have wings.

why is Kirk looking so smug on that poster

In case it needs to operate in an atmosphere