Eternal /trb/

no one bothered to create a thread while the previous one was still around edition

Old: Useful trb-related links:
pastebin.com/grLucSzY

Macca's official /trb/ database:
2015: pastebin.com/uj27eQhe
2016: pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap

youtube.com/watch?v=uCI24Lt9aNQ

Other urls found in this thread:

goal.com/en/news/1862/premier-league/2016/03/19/21500262/kolo-toure-took-out-henry-bergkamp-and-wenger-during-arsenal
community.sigames.com/topic/382383-fm2017-please-fix-the-half-back-mechanism/
bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0559p0p
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Best newgen this year.
Time to resign?

>tfw you sign Peyton Manning

all regens have the forehead of ki adi mundi this year

old school ss coming.

>tfw own goal hat trick

I'm new to FM so I've got a couple of questions.

Are good cup runs but poor league performances a thing? I've had that two seasons in a row now, where I'm smashing top teams in the cup, but drawing againt bottom teams in the league.

Likewise, is a bogey team a thing? I've drawn with Watford 5 times.

yes and yes

>tfw neet and can sleep til 2pm
>wake up at 10am because the neighbor's kitchen is on fire
this is not the best way to wake up, but at least i can tribble more

Not that I have noticed. I have gone almost two seasons unbeaten in the league, but have lost a few matches against smaller teams in cups.
If you stick to a certain tactic, you might become vulnerable when you are facing a certain style of play, of course.

How do I modify a custom club badge? My badge is fucked (it's like crushed on the league standings), and I want to correct this

Fucking shit. Handing in my resignation today.

>Braintree (H)
>Accrington (A)
>Welling (A)
>Grimsby (H)

Can I do it lads?

You'll lose to Accrington and at that point it won't matter.

>dartford last

>It is 7 years to the day since Rob Green fucked up against the US

you'll lose against Braintree and the dropped points will cost you 5th place on the last day

>still possible to win the league
>still possible to drop out from playoffs
The sexual thrill

Not this time

anyone /trbatwork/ here

as a neet, yes

you're promoted

actualy i've been in the PL for years now

>extra 50% budget if i promise to make CL football
tempting

all my loan players are leaving though so I might struggle if i can't buy someone GOAT like stephenson

post homegrown stud

mfw

Good post

I feel like I'm very late to the party all the time I come here.

>18 year-old Free Agent signs for the club
>two weeks later them arrows

Pure bliss

american wins 1-1 motherfucker

how is 17? I know we all get stuck on our favorite versions; for me it's 13. Wondering if I should get 17 or wait till 18

Pottery

So after being jaded and burnt out on FM, I've come back to fm2016 to start a new save with Darmstadt when they were newly promoted to the bundesliga. I lived in darmstadt as a little kid when my parents were stationed there so I have a personal tie to the club and this save as been bretty fun because of that.

Is this a respectable league position this far with a club like darmstadt or do i need to git gud? Secondly, anyone have any good cheap signings from 2016 off the top of their heads?

lel. here is one that always made me laugh

R E A L I S M

>doesn't respond to my disdainful response
>complains

>det 8
hope some tutoring is going on

can't advise without a logopack

link a good free logo pack that isnt 20 .rar extensions

I'm a newly promoted Sky Bet League 2 team, I can't really go and pick any talent that wants to join. If I can sell him for profit and not relegate this season I'm okay with him.

dead game, dead thread

welp, it's youth intake day and this is my best candidate :\

He'd get in my XI

post starting xi

star player

what should I change about my formation?

It's really good defensively, but my offense is lacking and in particular the strikers almost never score (nothing to do with the players themselves, they are very good for this level and even in world class teams it was the same)

lul, what league?

i'm not a huge fan of halfbacks but I find that just dumping tons of crosses into the box will get the strikers firing just fine. Additionally, I never get good results out of false 9's but thats just my anecdotal evidence

Czech 'em

What's the best version of this game? I haven't played since 2013.

The one I'm playing

>literally sellout crowd
>new attendance low in the league

wew

>U18s vs Youth Candidates match
> Candidate gets sent off in first 10 minutes

Should i sign him?

>wont join me
probably gonna join Bayern like every other regen i want

goal.com/en/news/1862/premier-league/2016/03/19/21500262/kolo-toure-took-out-henry-bergkamp-and-wenger-during-arsenal
>“I remember the ball was rolled into Thierry Henry and Kole Toure, from nowhere, smashed into him from behind,” said Parlour.

>“It was a terrible tackle, a red card in a normal game, and our best player was rolling around.”

>Next up was Bergkamp...

>“Wenger was shouting: ‘Kolo, what are you doing? Don’t tackle!’ The next minute, the ball was into Dennis Bergkamp and Kolo did exactly the same … Anyway, Wenger said: ‘No more tackling’.

>And finally, the tackle on Wenger that left the Arsenal boss in a heap...

>“So next thing you know, Kolo Toure took him [Wenger] out with a two-footed tackle! All you could hear was Wenger screaming.

>“Kolo was nearly in tears, his big day ruined. I went into the medical room and there was Arsene with an ice pack on his ankle. I said: ‘I don’t think he meant it.’ He told me there and then: ‘We’re signing him tomorrow. I like his desire.’”

Good start for a team that was ranked 24th in the season preview

World Cup Group
>France
>Belgium
>Senegal
>Uzbekistan (me)

I don't understand!? Why wouldn't he stop murderballing people?

the absolute state of my physio department

hi butters where you at

Kolo Toure understands that there is only one way to play and that involves boarding the murder train.

> Newcastle Takeover

mfw we might get a finished stadium

HBs don't work properly in FM17 if you're using the FB strata. They only work with WBs.
>community.sigames.com/topic/382383-fm2017-please-fix-the-half-back-mechanism/

>IFs
>CM(A)
>All those players clogging the box
Turn your CMs into more supportive roles, and F9 has a Support duty for a reason: he's not going to be your primary goal scorer unless it's Messi.

my IFs aren't that good dribblers tho

and as I posted this my f9 started assisting

this team is playing wonderfully now

>my IFs aren't that good dribblers tho
Then don't play them as IFs since the role implies that they will dribble a whole lot.

If they're still reasonably fast with a good touch and Off The Ball, you could teach them to Knock The Ball Past Opponent if they're really inept at dribbling (shit Dribbling, Flair, Technique, Balance, etc.).

HOLY SHIT I DID IT LOL LOL LOL

DARMSTADT SURVIVES

pls gib ayoze back

so who's streaming tonight lads?

I might stream, got out of my final early

how was the exam?
also ye it'd be rly cool

I thought it went well but when you finish early you never know whether you did well or really bad so who knows. The stream wouldn't be for a while as I'm going in with my roommates to fill out paperwork for renting an apartment

no worries, i'd still be up i think, gotta watch apehoop finals tonight

aight man

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0559p0p

This thing is out of hand...

Seems perfectly standard behaviour.

I don't think I have a regen I haven't been so pissed off with at some point I wouldn't have set fire to his shirt.

I guess I have my own issues.

d e a d g a m e

Let's hope Ivica doesn't become suicidal.

>20 year old DM with great potential
>3.4m estimated value
>bid 7.5m
>counter offer
>84m

why is this ok

>Try to play some balanced football
> lose every game

Change tactics and play some hoofball murder ball
>win every game

What did they mean by this?

SI is an English company

>This fucking cunt is still getting press like 2 years after it first went viral
Fucking why?

It means "Not for sale unless you're ready to splurge". You can try to unsettle the player by making comments in the media and firing bids day in day out.

i was more wondering why they think 84m is an appropriate counter offer

i would be willing to go up to like 30m but jesus

Remember that AIs don't really exist and they have a very binary (no pun intended) way of behaving. Fire the bid and see what happens. Else, keep firing and attempt to unsettle, but it can take time.

After 2 humbling defeats, I got my shit together

As of now this game taught me that hoofball>all

fuck it, embrace the evil

yo i am streaming my dude

Link?

twitch and my name

Can someone provide some tactical advice?

I've gone wth the formation for 2 seasons now but I've recently moved the CM BWM up from a DM AnchorMan.

We dominate most games but score very few goals, and often get caught out by teams and end up losing 2-0 or 3-0, very frustrating considering how good the squad is.

What can I change role and instruction wise for a better, more solid tactic?
1/2

2/2

No wing play

?

>DLP(S)/BWD(D)/DLP(S)
No holding midfielder to recycle possession, no participation from the FBs, a striker association that doesn't do much in terms of creating chances and three defenders that focus on hoofing it clear, and three more players (DLPs and AP) who stay clear from the box the rest of the time.

Protip: if you don't have good FBs/WBs who can run, dribble, cross and work hard, don't play a diamond.

I have decent full backs who are above average for the current league.

What changes do you recommend to fix these faults?

>I have decent full backs who are above average for the current league
If they can't do what I've written, even relative to their division (they don't need to be awesome, but at least able to individually take on a player and dribble past them often enough), then don't play a diamond. A diamond is a formation for a team that's good enough to play near the top of the league because its shape prevents from using the whole width of the pitch. So they need to be able to do shit and be actually technically good.

>What changes do you recommend to fix these faults?
Almost every role. But really, you gotta really assess what your players are able to do or not, because you're using a formation that doesn't make much sense considering your ranking (17th), with roles that don't make sense for the formation.

Change them to wingbacks with an attack role.
Add a holding midfielder to cover them when they go forward.

Also, you probably should have a midfielder who goes forward like a b2b to have more passing options when attacking.

I don't think the current 17th ranking is reflective of the squad right now to be fair, we were promoted first season, and finished a point outside the playoffs the second season whilst winning the FA Trophy. Form has been poor in the opening 5-6 games this season however.

That aside I appreciate the advice. I've changed up the FBs to WBs like suggested as I feel my guys are good enough, and pulled the BWM back to the DM slot to provide extra cover at the back. I managed to sign Alexsander Gogic, previously of Swansea fame, who my scouts tell me works well as a BPD so hopefully he can counter the critique my defenders are just hoofing the ball out.

I'll see what happens

WB(A) or at least FB(A), CM(S) or BBM or BWM(S) for the "wide" central MFs. The midfielder in the middle can be CM(D) or DLP(D) if he can actually thread a pass; beware, CM(D) close down more often. A support/attack partnership in attack instead of having two runners for no bloody reason if one of them is actually able to play a pass with his head up.

So I bought FM17 and started a game with Hull city and I'm getting my ass handed.
Any tips? I don't seem to find a strategy to stop leaking goals, not to mention my whole team is apparently trash