Tfw I used to unironically like AJJ and play them at parties

>tfw I used to unironically like AJJ and play them at parties

Cringe everytime

People Who Eat People is their only good album

They've been together for 13 years and have produced 25 minutes of good music

I told you AJJ was awful years ago, but you didn't believe me. I'm sure all your friends rolled their eyes at you behind your back to each other. Next time, maybe you'll listen to me.

Yeah same.

It hurts to think about.

That's a terrible album, they've never released any decent music at all.

Is their name change the single most cucked moment in musical history?

shit taste but yeah this

Saw the band live right around the time they really started going downhill... censoring their own lyrics and releasing Christmas Island. Then the Bible 2 happened and the name change... and I don't listen to any of their music anymore.

So they're like a shitty Mountain Goats?

Car Seat Headrest will still be cool in 5 years, right?

What did they censor?

playing them at parties is seriously cringy, but
>unironically disliking andrew jackson jihad
holy shit, fuck post-Sup Forums

>censoring their own lyrics
source

t. numale

Even looking past the cringy lyrics they dropped off hard after Knife Man

Nigga i tried to rap over some ellliott smith at a party, get on my level

Can't enjoy any music which glorifies social anxiety, being a pussy etc anymore, used to love the smiths, joy division, AJJ etc but i just think its a bit gay now

I know this bitch of an SJW girl who goes to a lot of the same parties as me and always changes the rap tunes that are getting people going to shit like Rejoice or Gift of the Magi

It's cringy every time

AJJ, Sufjan, Arcade Fire, Mountain Goats, The Microphones..

I cringe every time I remember my soyboicore phase..

it's fine to dislike Christmas Island and The Bible 2, even though i think both albums have some redeeming qualities to them. but Can't Maintain, People That Can Eat People, Only God Can Judge Me, Knife Man, pretty much all of their splits (although the bands they do splits with usually suck), and their live albums are all fantastic.

>that time I learned a bunch of AJJ and wingnut dishwashers union songs on guitar so I could record covers and put them on youtube

Fantastic is a very strong word. Most of them are just okay.

This. Listened to Can't Maintain and People Who Eat People daily for two years, caught them on the Knife Man tour, and literally never listened to them again.
I guess since were on the topic, their splits and singles are stronger then any of their albums imo

Why do I feel like I've seen this thread before?

not a bad song on any of the full length albums i mentioned btw (except Backpack) :)

Second this. Legit a pretty damn great album, pretty funny and I really love the directness of People. The one before that was pretty good too but then their message started getting in the way of their music. They had potential but they've thrown it away, may as well just write articles and not music if you're only going to concentrate on words.