Americans will NEVER know this feel

Earlier today, an amateur team (composed of steel workers and dentists) defeated a professional team (4 times South American champions)

AMERICANS WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IT FEELS. All your leagues are plastic as fuck!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1gJvTBO2FhY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is the 1980 men's Olympic hockey team?

>has to go back 40 years to find 1 example

that's kind of embarrassing that your soccer league is so awful that amateurs can beat a pro team, no?

You must not have heard of Christos FC, a literal pub team named after a discount liquor store has beaten multiple pro teams in our tournament and on the verge of playing against an mls team, this is also happened in past years. Just because our teams are as old doesn't mean they're plastic, you have to start somewhere

In fact amateur soccer here goes back to the 1800s and is actually very strong here

>what is team spirit
>what is esprit de corps
>what is camaraderie
One word: Football.

>AMERICANS WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IT FEELS.
They won't because American leagues are full of professional athletes dedicated to being so good at their sport that being beaten by dentists and steel workers is literally impossible.

Canada bro is spot on here

do you mean like when an amateur soccer team beat the English side in the World Cup in 1950?

Also STL FC our hometown soccer team worth like $20,000 total is playing chicago fire in our 2000 seat metal bleacher "stadium" this wednesday.

we have the lamar hunt cup you ass hat.

It's only impossible if you never allow the game to even happen, and then like a coward claim like it's impossible.

Point of OP is those things are only possible in football, and not American "sports".
We also had one of these fairytale here like 15 years ago. Entire country rooted for the underdogs.

>implying your leagues aren't all fixed by gambling, drug money and gangs

>what is the US Open Cup

You forgot money laundering and agents

>A team of amateurs can beat professionals
>This a a good thing
It's like bragging about banging a girl that everyone else has fucked

they are laundering drug money and the agents are parts of the gangs, but yes, lol.

Ok but soccer is just too fucking lame sorry will never ever be able to enjoy watching this

>what is the NCAA basketball tournament

I also think we're just fine as is. We have Iceland to root for.

No, it's not.
Your analogy sucks

just shows how dumb soccer is as a sport

>W-we don't love fairytale stories I s-swear
You made a fucking movie about beating England in 1950 dude

youtube.com/watch?v=1gJvTBO2FhY

was 2007 the greatest year in college football?
the answer is yes

the 4 time mls champions are scheduled to play a team named after liquor store if that is meme enough for you

Fire are playing STL FC as well

i dont think is splooge sucking sport is for me

We do have these things, just in different forms. College basketball basically has 4-8 of these matchups every year in the first Rd of it's tournament. 16 seeds are 0-132 all time vs 1 seeds in them. Those are bottom-tier college teams from the top division playing the best teams in college(college has 3 divisions, each have like 300+ teams). A successful rec team of nobodies could not play the warriors and keep it within 100.

You can't get fortunate, score once or twice, and then hide and park the bus in our football and basketball. Maybe once in a blue moon for baseball but even then it's an entirely different world to stand in a batters box and face a 80mph pitch vs. a 95mph pitch that curves, its basically hitting blind if you've never seen it before. Same applies in reverse and an 80mph ball that doesn't move down the middle of the plate is like hitting the ball off a tee to a major leaguer.

In retrospect that wasn't a huge upset and it happens about once a year. But at the time this was insane. People just weren't aware that there was enough talent in football now where top division 2 team was better than bottom division 1 teams

when brown manlets climb a fence? happens a lot around here

That's a very good point, actually. American sports tend to be a lot higher scoring than European ones, and that fact alone makes tremedous upsets much more unlikely. (And it makes it much more interesting, if it actually happens, but yeah, the dominance of commercial leagues and the absence of association cups make those matchups much more unlikely - though then again, school and college sports aren't a thing over here like they are in North America.)

That's essentially what I was getting at, the scoring deviation doesn't allow it.

I mean, I guess an upset will constiute something completely different than over here. I mean, honestly, I wouldn't know (asides from Sup Forums) how it is being though about over there, but I suppose if the eigth placed team beats the first placed one in the playoffs is much more relevant than, let's say, the eight placed team in the Bundesliga beats the first placed one.

>never
>except that one time

It just depends on the sport. An 8th seed beat a 1 seed in hockey 4 games to none this year. It's happened a couple times in basketball but it's been almost 20yrs and currently seems impossible in basketball.

Could Werder beat Bayern in a game? Sure. Could Werder do that all season and win the bundesliga? No.

I said will, so I was talking about the future. You weren't even born.

Yeah, fair enough. I'd might say, it would have been loads more possible twenty years ago in the Bundesliga (we've had a legendary Kaiserslautern title that season, right after they won promotion to the Bundesliga), but yeah... totally agree with you.

Is there a city or state in the USA, where soccer is the most popular and most important sport, and where major league soccer (MLS) is the dominant professional sports league?

I look for places in the United States, where soccer is the sport par excellence and the favorite pastime of the Americans, and where the MLS is much more popular, followed and loved, than the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL All combined.

Inner city Detroit. Dudes absolutely obsess about soccer there. It's kind of a hidden secret. Really affordable housing too. You should move there quick before everyone else finds out.

can confirm this, I holiday there every year and I'll be moving there soon

>AMERICANS WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IT FEELS
But do they really want to feel that fampai?
To root for the amateurs underdog, beating the professionnal superteam against all odds? To witness a fairytale comes true? To shiver at every action, every pass, every tackle, at every shot, at every block? to count every minute, every second until the final whistle?
Do they really want to experience this?

Not true tbqh.

America Association Football Cup allows this, I believe.

>a literal pub team named after a discount liquor store

USA USA USA

ARGENTINES WILL NEVER KNOW THIS FEEL

A Division II College football team against any NFL team.

What could possibly go wrong?