/Joana Newsom Is Shit General/- /JNISG/

-Welcome to JNISG! This is a daily general thread where we make fun of people for only liking joanna newsom because Scaruffi told them to!

Other urls found in this thread:

i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/43v5wq/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i like her because pitchfork told me to

>listens to Joanna Newsom for the first time
>sounds like a midlife crisis, recent menopause 59 year old woman doing karaoke.
>harp playing is disjointed
>atmosphere in the song non-existant
>lyrics were written by a 16 year old girl
>breakasweat.jpg
>scaruffi and Sup Forums love joanna newsom
>existential "what if i have shit taste".gif
>immediately post on mu
>Joanna Newsom is very original and her songs are inspired by real life events and im patrician and I have good taste and thats why I love Joanna Newsom

Every. Single. Time.

>I loved the latest Bjork album, I'm excited about the idea of Grimes. I haven't wrapped my head around the record. I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her. I met her in LA a few months ago, she told me something along the lines of, "I grew up listening to your music". I will say, it made me feel really old for about five minutes, then it made me feel really happy. I was like well, I guess I'm old now, but that's okay because this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music and said that it was special to her when she was younger, so that's great.
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/43v5wq/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature

thoughts?

THE MEADOWLARK AND THE CHIM CHEREEEEEEEEEE

*windows break*

the only song I remotely like by her is Sapokanikan

I can listen to some pretty abrasive music but I can't make it past 30 minutes of Joana's constant wailing. How do people like this album?

I've listened 7 times and it makes me want to go deaf knowing people actually like this music and I make hear it again

look we get it
free jazz isn't for everyone

Joanna Newsom is a pleb test. If someone likes joanna Newsom and cant give you an articulate answer why, its because they have no real originality and they like whatever Sup Forums says is good.

Joanna Newsom?
More like Joanna Noise-some
heh got em

if she realy can't wrap her head around grimes my assumption is that she hasn't listened to any music from before 2010

more like /mgfg/ (Mad Grimesfag General)

I literally do not get this "Joanna Newsom's voice is annoying" meme. On her early demos and Milk-Eyed Mender her voice sounded a little too bright and harsh but everything else sounds just fine to me. On my first listen to Ys, it literally didn't even cross my mind that her voice was in any way weird or annoying. Is it because I'm desensitized to annoying voices? I went through a Mars Volta phase in high school and people say Cedric's voice is pretty annoying. Always been a Soundgarden fan too and Cornell had a kind of annoying voice I guess. But it feels odd to me when I hear people talk about Joanna Newsom's voice being harsh on the ears cause I've never had that sort of reaction to her until I backtracked from Ys and listened to Milk-Eyed Mender.

>lyrics were written by a 16 year old girl
>Awful atoll, oh incalculable indiscreetness and sorrow! Bawl bellow: Sibyl sea-cow, all done up in a bow. Toddle and roll; Teethe an impalpable bit of leather. While yarrow, heather and hollyhock awkwardly molt along the shore

I can use a dictionary to make lyrics that make no sense

if that makes no sense to you, you might be the one with the problem son. stick to radiohead

>i like joanna newsom

>G-G-Guys im smart i get the lyrics i am smart look at me i g-g-get it

Jesus christ man, of course I understand what she is trying to say. Its just emotionally dishonest

Whomst are you quoting?

>Its just emotionally dishonest
not him but that os probably the most meaningless criticism I see on Sup Forums. I guarantee you can't coherently explain what you mean by "emotionally dishonest" in this instance

at least try to make an effort to make it look like youre not samefagging. this board has really gone to shit.

this

Its not a relatable lyric. People who are genuinely trying to express emotion dont speak that way. Its full of pretense, which means there is no intrinsic emotional or spiritual connection with the song. You cant feel that shit in your soul.

Ah, right. All the poets that exist that write in metaphors and shit aren't being emotionally sincere cause they're not expressing their emotions the same way they would when talking to their friends or their therapist or something. Gotcha.

this lmao. does that guy only listen to music with lyrics that are literal? how small is his music library?

Thats not what im saying. Im saying the overtly academic use of word choice makes the music not emotionally honest. Its like im reading a fucking literature dissertation.

>She doesn't express emotions the way I do
>Emotionally dishonest

Literally what are you even talking about

>i use highly academic word choice to make people think my lyrics have deeper humanistic meaning
>lyrics mean literally nothing when translated to a more simple non academic english

damn, imagine being so dumb that Joanna Newsom is literally 2deep4u lmao

>all music must be written the way i want it to because im a big fat shitting toddler

how new are you to music that you find Joanna Newsom difficult to listen to?

1. She does use words like that in everyday speech.
2. In order to fit the form of the song, she chooses words that rhyme and meet a certain syllable count and shit.
3. None of the words there are really that complicated or academic or anything. A few words are uncommon like "Bawl" or "Sibyl", but those aren't academic so much as they are esoteric.

on the inverse, i find newsom and artist like her(some even cite academic works in song!) more interesting and relateable because of these things.
Maybe you're a brainlet

Are you fucking retarded? Do you not understand what im saying? I understand the lyrics; they are just shit and have zero aesthetic appeal.

>I-I'm not retarded, y-you are!
nice

>I understand the lyrics
prove it

>Trying to judge music objectively based on one of the most subjective aspects of art, "aesthetic appeal"
Don't think you're making a valid point when it can be as easily refuted by just saying "oh yeah? well I like it" and they wouldn't be wrong.

When I was a kid Joanna Newsom would have been the ideal girl for me. If we had been in school together I would have always tried to get the seat next to hers in biology class so we could laugh and giggle at anatomy diagrams, or I would stand behind her in the lunch queue to smell her golden locks, or even give up my space in the lunch queue so she could get the best choice of chicken breast.

She would have been my kind of gal because she was beautiful in a non-threatening way, highly original in her thought process, creative, alternative, smart, and so cute you could almost commit the accidental crime of squeezing all of the life out of her with overbearing affection. Had I been a more interesting, original and talented guy and did not come across in the least bit creepy, then perhaps, had we ever met (I must remember that this is pure fantasy), she might have let me be her boyfriend and then a few years later when she recorded her masterpiece, Ys, I could have had the honour of performing the baritone male vocal accompaniment part on "Only Skin".

I find it hard to imagine Joanna sitting down and having a normal breakfast of cereal; her music makes me presume that she runs through endless fields of corn causing butterflies to flee ahead of her skipping body as she gathers cereal and wheat with which to make bread through some magic process involving a nice equivalent of a cauldron. I hate to think that at night she relaxes in front of the television; I assume, by listening to her music, that she is no doubt out after dark, her path lit by glowing fire flies, gathering moon beams in a basket. She does not lie in bed and frolic with some hairy man who falls asleep after he has released his desire into her; she stays up all night and tells stories to the animals who gather in hushed wonder in the collected moonlight she leaves outside of her window

A woman and her harp.

Strum me away to fantasy land you magniloquent minstrel. My boner increases in girth with each wheat-fingered fleck of your yew-stringed lullaby maker.

And that voice, it's like angels fingering each other in helium heaven while pedophiles masturbate in hell.

Yes this album has it all. Oh, how I pine for a life in Narnia where I can see the computer generated deepthroating lion or make love to bizzaro Galadriel, and this album makes it a reality + mescaline.

Stand naked in a half full bubblebath and pour this album over yourself like oil paint. Rub it into your filthy body, and always remember to scrub behind your ears and underneath your nuts.

jesus this thread is a trainwreck

I try to model the thread after what her album feels like.

haha epic win bro

what a faggot op is

hang your self

Daily reminder that YWN make love to joanna newsom no matter how much you low test beta males shill her second rate excuse for an album.

another absolute epic post FTW!

holy fuck someone screencap this thread

Are you out of the closet yet op?

>pulling the "you are only pretending to like it cause she's a pretty girl" card.

How does it feel mastubating alone to photos of a happily married Joanna Newsom, while her rhaspy, roasted fucked up voice blares in the background, knowing deep down inside that you will be alone forever and never find a woman like her? How does it feel that you have to pretend to rep this album so the girl at your univeristy music club with 10 face peircings and a choker will even notice anything about you beyond the zit ridden, fat numale virgin face you have? How does it feel when she friendzones you and instead fucks an alpha who listens to dad rock? Are you crying because she will never love you?

>How does it feel mastubating alone to photos
how does anyone jerk off to just photos anymore?what are you 12? lmao this is some great projection

idk, ask the guys in the k-pop thread how they do it

It's been a while since I've seen someone THIS mad online. log off your Sup Forums account for a while, little buddy

Fuck off Trevor, don't you have a post-avant jazzcore tribute to Britney Spears to record or something?

I LOVE JOANNA NEWSOM'S MUSIC AND EVERYTHING ABOUT HER

Hey man, im not the one shilling a pretentious peice of dogshit for pussy points. Im not the one who doesnt have a single ounce of originality or balls to admit Ys is trash.

this is one of the worst threads ive seen on Sup Forums in a long time

Anyone got any dubs they could spare?

>i dont like threads that reveal my shallow, insecure and unoriginal taste in music.
>i would listen to sounds of elephant poop hitting the floor if scaruffi told me to

oh, did we hurt your feelings by shiting on your waifu?

Daily reminder that joanna newsom hate threads are always started by jealous Grimesfags. this is a fact

right here friend

>i want other men to metaphorically beat me off about how distinguished and refined my music taste is
>look i can pretend to have good taste like everyone else!

oh shit I must have lost them, wait, her you go

Grimes is not that great but at least they have some level of atmosphere in their songs

Bruh I got you

you're not fooling anyone grimesfag. sorry your waifu looks like a smelly rat

It's like you guys are not even trying

Fuck, stole my dubs.

This is how you get dubs fucktards

kys

heres some dubs, a trips if i may?

odds are that you get dubs 1 out of 10 posts you make. If your lame ass still hasn't gotten them by now, you're fucking shit

>this thread

Can we stop derailing this discussion and go back to shitting on joanna newsom please?

?
this thread was always about dubs

Why cant you get them then?

I wonder if people actually think they are intelligent for listening to this album. The delusion is strong in these ones.

Literally everypoSt.ITT is literally me

"I'm unsure whether or not these people are under the delusion that they're smarter for listening to this album. They are very delusional."

Motherfucker which one is it?

Is there really no possibility for dubs?

yeah, watch this

nigger

Jesus Christ. Can't even listen to this birch for more than 2 minutes. Sup Forums proving once again it's shit taste in music

Its literally the worst album of the last century. Honestly modern pop music is better than this. I would rather listen to fucking miley cyrus than this.

How does it feel masturbating alone to photos of a happily married Beyonce, while her raspy, roasted fucked up voice blares in the background, knowing deep down inside that you will be alone forever and never find a woman like her? How does it feel that you have to pretend to rep this album so the girl at your university music club with 10 face piercings and a choker will even notice anything about you beyond the zit ridden, fat nu male virgin face you have? How does it feel when she friend zones you and instead fucks an alpha who listens to dad rock? Are you crying because she will never love you?

this thread is why i don't believe Sup Forums has taste

Typical virgin response.

>i like joanna newsom

sure buddy

How did you find my instagram?

Why is the right nipple so far to the right?

this is what happens when you get ripped user. not that you would know.

The general I've been waiting for

Fuck you, Matthew.

Yeah. Im tired of these fucking shit taste posters deciding that this fucking childrens first music class performance is a valuable or good album.