Is it true that women earn less than men?

Is it true that women earn less than men?

If so, what's wrong with this?

I mean, women get pregnant and have to take care of children. That means less time working.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNiUBALw-14
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

B b b but it's unfair

They also take lower paying jobs more often.

Their wages are the same, but do earn less than men because they work less.

All of that guy's valuable property is just going to slide down to her work station anyway. If anything she's the one with the advantage.

They take the jobs that pay less so they earn less in total.

There's nothing wrong with it, women just choose lower paying jobs, and also ask for less raises (since they usually aren't the main earners of the household they don't need the extra money). The gender gap is just something left wing politicians use to get women to vote for them
>we need to do something about the gender gap!

But then they do nothing about it when they've been voted into office

If women don't earn as much, why don't businesses ONLY employ women to save money?

so is it true boomers make 4 times more than millenials?

if so what's wrong with this?

I mean, when boomers got pregnant, they could afford it. Millennials just abort so they can keep working for 8 an hour.

....because they care more about being sexist and discriminating against women than making money?

But boomers have way more experience than millenials, so it's only logical they earn more.

if you want to get paid more, die a virgin more

Women actually make more money than men in certain jobs for less work or lowered standards

Like the military for example.

>Lower physical fitness standards for women

>Only men can do certain jobs

>Jobs that are open to both genders put more workload on the men than the women

>Women can get pregnant and get months off in leave and still collect pay in addition to allowances for children

>Women still make the same amount as the men

yes of course goy. overpaid union factory workers, public teachers, government workers, and government pork projects all have "Experience" goy. yessss

People doing the same job with the same qualifications and experience and all other factors being equal are paid the same regardless of gender.

Women are generally paid less than men because...they're women and general make typically female life choices rather than typically male life choices. They are paid less than men for the same reason they live longer and die far less frequently at work - they make different life choices.

Women work less, take easier choices in college (bullshit Liberal Arts/Social 'Science' degrees rather than challenging useful STEM shit) take more and longer career breaks, are less willing to do tough, dirty and dangerous jobs etc etc.

Despite all this, despite the fact that women pay less than men in taxes over a lifetime despite consuming more in taxes they get early retirement and countless other perks and concessions to their gender. What we really need if we want 'fairness and equality' is a 'woman tax' to make up for the myriad ways the system favours them and disadvantages men.

the wage gap is an illusion.
men often study STEM fields, which are obviously being paid more, while women prefer to study shit like liberal arts. also, 15% of men are working overtime, while 25% of women are only working part time. thats basically it, there is no "wage gap". if u want more information about this just google it... i mean it has been debunked for about 100 times so far, i honestly dont know how people can still believe that shit.
btw, its ILLEGAL to pay women less than men, since 1973(in murica)

But what does it have to do with the "gender gap" anyways?

I'm surprised no one in this thread has mentioned it yet. The fact that men often times pick higher paying jobs has been mentioned a ton but the fact that on average men work more hours per week than their female counterparts do has not.
Also another factor is that studies have indicted that women are worse at negotiating their salaries. As sighted by the study, this is often a result of women lacking confidence or not actually knowing the value of their work.

>Gender pay gap

>Is it true that women earn less than men?
As I recall, in CURRENT YEAR's technology field, they make 8% more than their male counterparts on average.

The pay gap as implied by your image (woman earning less for the same work) either isn't significant or doesn't exist - it does indicate that women are more concentrated in low-paying jobs than men.

Pic.makes sense.
All the man's belongings are sliding towards the woman but people sympathise with her although her seat is actually adapted to her own height.

as usual, liberals make problems out of nothing

This shit has been debunked since the mid 70s.
There is no discussion to be had.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNiUBALw-14

feminists want you to think they get PAID less as individuals, as in a boss literally pays everyone in the office the same other than the women because hes sexist (which is already against the law)

when in reality they just work part time jobs more than men in general

if that means discrimination then we gotta do something about this east asian supremacist culture because they earn more than everyone else and it's definitely not from working longer hours since rewarding hard work is evil

But I thought evil corporations only are about greed and maximizing profits :^)

In my area and age group, it seems like the opposite. Sure you have some women who pretty much don't work at all. But, the ones that do are earning a lot more than most of the guys I know. We're all middle/upper-middle class and college-educated. Somehow the girls ended up becoming some kind of Doctor, PT/OT, Epidemiologist, Lawyers, Marketing Managers, Accountants for bigger companies, moving up the ladder at banks, etc... It's pretty disheartening, tbqh.

None of it is true. It's completely made up from wilfully misinterpreting statistics.

But even if it were true, all shenanigans aside.
Who determines your wages?

You do. You go into the company. You talk about your employment. You negotiate your wages (or at least, I pray you negotiated), and you sign the fucking contract.
If you want more, ask more. If you can't get more, walk away. If you can't find employment for the wages you want, I guess you're just not worth that much.

Actually, single women make more than single men. It's women with families who earn less.

>Is it true that women earn less than men?
No, it's not true. The gender pay gap is a myth, no economist takes it seriously the statistics behind it are so flawed and elementary that it hurts. When you take into account the fact that women take more days off, spend more time at home with their families, and don't pursue the same high-end positions as their male counterparts, the gap narrows to zero with the exception of a few percent.

Men *do* make a bit more because women simply don't work as many hours and don't put in the same overtime. It's only fair to say that they shouldn't make as much as men when they don't put in as much work.

People actually fell for a click bait article and leftists use it for free publicity to get more women voters.

Let's be honest, it's going to level out in the future on its own with the latest push for girls to be financially independent rather than past trends like stay at home mom and when it does the left will say they did that for women.

We clearly need to pay the kindgarten's teachers the same ammount of money we pay the boilermakers to fix the vagina gap.