Why is elliott smith so OP? All other rock music bores me now. Nobody really matches the melodic/harmonic mastery...

Why is elliott smith so OP? All other rock music bores me now. Nobody really matches the melodic/harmonic mastery, the emotional impact, the sincerity. Fuck radiohead, fuck sufjan stevens, elliott smith blows both of them out of the water for me. I used to be into heavier stuff like skramz and nirvana, but this is literally the only rock I listen to nowadays.
Does anyone have any reccs for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!UFFHGDDJ!s6WP4qxe75lJVrugthTbV07KnY8gzh0VRJyhcsZVpuA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Microphones and Red House Painters

>Elliot Smith
>sincere

i went through a phase where i only listened to elliott as well. vast majority of his catalog is listenable as hell. yes he absolutely demolishes radiohead and sufjan stevens in every way.

that said, i eventually started listening to other music again because i needed variety. i listen to him regularly still. but i went through a phase where i couldn't listen to him, because i was fucking depressed with some suicidal ideation and i couldn't stand to listen to this guy who killed himself who had so fucking much. people idolized him, supported him, he had gfs, literally all the shit i'll NEVER have and i'm supposed to feel bad for this guy? I'll NEVER have ANY of that shit.

but idk i'm over it, i listen to him still.

microphones are aight never heard of the other. Oh yeah I also like ITAOTS

i post this every time i see a smith thread but check this 1998 bootleg out OP, it's one of his best live shows mega.nz/#!UFFHGDDJ!s6WP4qxe75lJVrugthTbV07KnY8gzh0VRJyhcsZVpuA

also listen to mic city sons by heatmiser if you haven't already

shut up faggot

Because you have terrible taste. I diagnose you as a Pleb. Sadly, there is no cure, except to drink 500 CCs of shotgun mouthwash.

/thread.

He had a serious drug addiction which can make you blind to all the good you have in your life. But I do the same thing as well, I can't tolerate artists who try to make deep or depressing albums, but they've toured the world, had sex with hundreds of girls, and have access to any pleasure in the world. It just doesn't seem genuine.

Elliot smith was ironic everything. The opposite of sincere. Just because its whispery and all moody doesnt make it authentic or whatever white people call this kind of stuff.

damn breh, that middle paragraph is exactly why I was kind of happy peep died. But suicide gets everyone man, he was going through some real psychotic shit around the time he did it and it didn't look like his relationships were exactly happy and healthy.
I've never had a gf and I know exactly how you feel about no one caring about you but really you might not believe me but the less you have the more in touch with reality you are. Become friends with yourself and you'll never be lonely, that kind of thing.
Some people need so much to fill the gaping void in their lives and if you reached my level you'll learn to laugh at them instead of envy them so much.
Also, he wasn't exactly pretty ya know?

and you know this because?

thanks homie

yo I kinda doubt Elliott Smith had sex with hundreds of girls, like who the hell in that category has? Depression just makes normally pleasurable things not pleasurable anymore, das fact

also what's the big deal about having sex with so many women? Once it's over it's only a matter of time before anything you got out of it fades and it might as well have never happened

yeah he probably had sex with less than 20 girls i'm guessing, and you can tell he's genuine in a few songs. that said, i can't relate to this guy who had so fucking much and i've never had a fucking thing in my entire life.
i've been thinking i'd reach a level like you're at for a while but i don't think i actually will. i don't like myself either so i don't blame anyone really. my life is such fucking shit

like david bowie and thats about it

his whiney voice annoys the fuck out of me

>radiohead, sufjan stevens
>insincere
lol

hey man just realize that you're so pissed off about your past and future that you don't know how to appreciate what you have right now. Listen to some Alan Watts lectures and better yet work out. Girls actually give me attention now that I've been banging away at the gym 2-3 times a week for the last 2 years, but I still don't know how to make meaningful contact with them because of whatever the hells wrong with me but at least I feel fit af. It's like playing the game of life on a lower difficulty, everything's easier and feels lighter.

This is pretty small minded. Depression can affect anyone regardless of their wealth or fame.

How do you know that isn't the case?

If you have an incredible amount of money, fame, and constant praise and admiration, I don't care how depressed you are, your life is significantly better than almost everyone else.

>but they've toured the world, had sex with hundreds of girls, and have access to any pleasure in the world
You mean like Elliott Smith?

stevens EXTREMELY insincere. radiohead pretty damn insincere.

I don't think you understand what clinical depression is
>radiohead pretty damn insincere.
How so?

>have access to any pleasure in the world
yeah like crack and heroin? how'd that go for him?

>me

Last time I had sex I couldn't get it up for like an hour and had to finger her until I could get hard

Are you referencing the guy who toured the world and even won a Grammy?

Sounds like you are fetishing junkyism rather than listening critically to the actual music

>Grammy
Oscar, sorry.

I am in no way fetishizing junkyism (lol) I'm saying being surrounded by every pleasure can actually make things worse

He didn't even want to play at the oscar's lmao. Executives made him, otherwise it would have been performed by someone else

everything by mark kozelek

simon cameron fletcher sounds exactly like him