What's your honest opinion on this album?

What's your honest opinion on this album?

deservedly known one of the best prog albums ever made

It's really fucking good.

It's one of the few albums in which all the musicians involved are at their peak at the same time

It's my favorite prog album.

its great

Great album. Sucks that there is literally no good prog album to listen to on a short car ride

only good album Yes made

>what is Fragile

>what is The Yes Album

>what is Relayer

Love the vocal harmonies on this album. Can anybody recommend prog like this?

Gentle Giant

All these. Absolutely groundbreaking at the time, and among the most impressive displays of raw musicianship I have ever heard. Bruford, Wakeman, Anderson, and Howe were all at or near their peak during the creation of this album. I personally think Squire really peaked with Relayer, but the guy was unbelievably talented.

Yes was basically the only prog group to nail the vocal harmonies like this. Other bands had vocal harmonies, sure, but Yes was really the only one to master it.

It's very noticeable on basically everything they made in the early to mid 70s. If want a more aggressive, heavy, rock-inclined sound, listen to Relayer. If you want more Wakeman and crazy intricate symphonic stuff, Topographic Oceans is a masterpiece almost on the level of CTTE. If you want the rock-inclined sound without the aggression of Relayer, try Fragile. If you want more stuff like Fragile, or you want more Howe playing insane acoustic shit, go for The Yes Album.

I should add that anyone who likes ELP will probably fall in love with Relayer. It still has that distinctive Yes sound, but the compositions themsleves wouldn't seem out of place on Tarkus.

I'm not a Yes fan outside of The Yes Album. I think they are skilled and talented, but they don't do much for me. I'd rather listen to King Crimson or the Proggier stuff from The Mothers or like Jethro Tull.

Yes are kind to light for me, not a diss just what I think of when I hear them. Kinda like how I think ELP is great but they're to interested in showing off in my opinion. That doesn't mean they make bad much, just doesn't scratch that itch Uriah Heep or Pink Floyd or any other prog artist I like does.

I usually don't listen to prog but that album is so damn amazing

I GET UP

The title track is a masterpiece but the album as a whole is overrated. The Yes Album is much better.

I wouldn't say overrated. Yes were wise enough to let the title track stand on its own and not try to outshine it the way most bands would. And You and I compliments that song beautifully.

In my top 3 prog albums it's fucking incredible