Will Jack Nicholson ever be surpassed as The Joker?

youtube.com/watch?v=utj9gV5t_uQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sPpWzS3nCwM
youtube.com/watch?v=e4pWiqWBUrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hear Nolan is making a second Batman film. Supposed to star some guy named Heath Ledger.

le reddit meme. Ledger was terrible as joker. if he wouldnt have died, nobody would have liked his performance

Some people like Hammil.
Some people like Ledger.
Some people like yourself like Nicholson.
Then there are those who like Leto and these are the same people that willingly listen to Nickleback.

Jared Leto was the best Joker, this is a fact.

>Some people like Hammil.
Why do you babies compare cartoon characters to real actors?

>Ledger was terrible as joker
hahahahahahahha what a story mike!

Ledger blew him out and i hate nolan

he was the worst joker (havent seen suicide squad so cant comment on Leto's). He looked like he was wearing acheap halloween costume, and he just acted like Jack Nicholson, not like the joker

fuck off Sup Forumsmblr

dubs prove it.

first and foremost, the joker was always a children's character who never took himself seriously. leto saw and recognized that, and perfectly displayed it.

thus, best joker

Ledgerbabbies everyone. Drunken hobo geisha was shit and the ultimate edgelord.

Why do you people hate gangster interpretations of The Joker?

Because when they think of the joker they only think of the "crazy guy being a kooky clown" part and forget that he's also a fucking mob boss and that's his theme

>Why do you people hate gangster interpretations of The Joker?
I don't. I just think Nicholson's joker was more "Jack Nicholson in makeup" than it actually was The Joker, and that made it seem extremely fake

Drew blew Nicholson out of the water.

>"Jack Nicholson in makeup" than it actually was The Joker
Explain what you're talking about. I can't read your mind.

i think he was great, for someone as cool as jack nicholson i really like the fact that he didn't give two shits about how ridiculous he looked doing his scenes, especially when they attack the art museum.

comparing the different joker's seems a bit silly desu

Drew Russell surpassed every actor ever as Joker.

youtu.be/sPpWzS3nCwM

Everyone here is fucking retarded, arguing between Ledger and Nicholson when we got the perfect rendition already in Suicide Squad (2016), played by none other than Jarred Lettoe.

he already has been surpassed

That's retarded too. They all played perfect versions of the joker
Nicholson was the gangster version
Ledger was the nihilistic anarchist joker
Leto was the crazy mob boss one (which is the most accurate one I'll admit)
People getting all autistic about him and his method acting are cringy as fuck. Like when they bitched about how he acted in the club scene. That's how a fucking psychopath acts, one moment they mean one thing and then another the next.

Am I the only one that hopes they make Jared Leto sing to Batman

No. It's an incredible performance.

Similarly pathetic, if YOU hadn't seen that "normies" like reddit love the film for all the wrong reasons, you wouldn't trash the performance.

You're pretty dull, aren't you?

This one?
youtube.com/watch?v=e4pWiqWBUrk

The fact David Bowie was supposed to play this is just depressing. He would have been fucking amazing. Instead we just got Jack Nicholson playing himself in clown paint.

How about you kindly explain your reasoning?

>Instead we just got Jack Nicholson playing himself in clown paint.
Since the other guy is apparently too stupid to explain what he meant by that can you tackle this?

Sounds like fucking garbage my man!

I punish you with pleasure and pleasure you with pain?

I think they mean in the moments where he's not acting crazy and it's a serious sober moment he acts the same as he does in the shining or chinatown

Ledger's Joker kinda becomes a mob boss when he takes out various mob bosses and recruits their guys into his gang. He wants to rule the city in the anarchy and chaotic state he creates. He just also happens to be a terrorist as well.

I mean couldn't shake the feeling that he was just Jack Nicholson in makeup, and I couldn't take him seriously as The Joker. Jack was acting the same way he'd been known to act in his other big movies, only even more exaggerated. Nicholson already had his own distinct eccentric-old-man persona, and The Joker does not share this persona (nobody shares it; it's unique to Jack Nicholson). It was really distracting.

If Jack wanted to play a good Joker then he shouldn't have played himself / played the role the same way he plays every other movie. Sure, his character did some Joker shenanigans, but there were many other actors who could have played the same role and done it better

Sup Forums nobody cares about your pitiful and ill-informed critique on movies especially considering you watch nothing but whatever bland capeshit oozes out of Hollywood's anus into your waiting mouth.

>I mean couldn't shake the feeling that he was just Jack Nicholson in makeup, and I couldn't take him seriously as The Joker. Jack was acting the same way he'd been known to act in his other big movies, only even more exaggerated. Nicholson already had his own distinct eccentric-old-man persona, and The Joker does not share this persona (nobody shares it; it's unique to Jack Nicholson). It was really distracting.
You're not telling me anything. Again, EXPLAIN what you mean. At least get someone who isn't a retard to explain it for you.

It literally doesn't mean anything and is basically code-talk capeshitters have been saying for at least a decade because they don't know fuckall about movies or acting beyond capeshit.